Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

When they took away the cape they took away his presence.IMO

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Adam is one of those characters that I'll probably never stop reimagining artistically. I've drawn him with and without helmet, with and without cape, with and without body armor. I've even drawn him as the giant semi-naked replacement for his son, Kevin, guardian of the Neutral Zone and gatekeeper to the Extro-verse. The upside to writing so much fanfic about him, I guess. Every story invites a new rendering.

It sounds like most people like the cape and helmet look. I think the helmet needs some tweaking, but that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Haven't drawn Adam in a minute. Getting back on the horse. This time with a dark blue quasi-military jacket. Sorry, guys, I'm not a fan of the vest. Dr. Brashear, Man of Marvels and elegant powerhouse.
    Lol, I don't care what anyone else thinks, even though I also like the classic look. This is a look I could get with. It looks more like a contemporary styled hero. I see this Adam as a solitary, thinking powerhouse. Reminds me of when Battlion went from field fighting to being Weatherman.

Amazing Member

The changing of the custom goes with the attempt to downgrade his powers and ability

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I can understand getting rid of the mask, since you wouldn't know he was black with it on, but I hate how they got rid of the full uniform.
    I understand why they got rid of the mask too... but I still think it looked pretty cool.

If he got his helmet from his containment suit in the Ultimates with a modernized classic costume, I'd be pretty hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    If he got his helmet from his containment suit in the Ultimates with a modernized classic costume, I'd be pretty hyped.
    I'd be fine with him wearing the entire containment suit with a few modifications.

But what I really need someone to explain to me is how is it possible for Anti-Man to survive for long periods unshielded in the Neutral Zone, but the Blue Marvel can't? I get that Anti-Man is pure sentient antimatter energy, but Adam can create force fields comprised of the same energy. Their powers are the same, even though Conner invariably seems more powerful because of the unstable energy spikes that he experiences. I also don't get how Conner knows how to use his powers in ways that Blue Marvel doesn't, even though Adam is the scientist, not Conner. I've been crediting Conner's hyper-cosmic awareness as one possible explanation, but after 60+ years of actively having these powers and being a genius, surely Adam should have figured out by now these advance uses of his abilities. Something just doesn't add up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd be fine with him wearing the entire containment suit with a few modifications.

But what I really need someone to explain to me is how is it possible for Anti-Man to survive for long periods unshielded in the Neutral Zone, but the Blue Marvel can't? I get that Anti-Man is pure sentient antimatter energy, but Adam can create force fields comprised of the same energy. Their powers are the same, even though Conner invariably seems more powerful because of the unstable energy spikes that he experiences. I also don't get how Conner knows how to use his powers in ways that Blue Marvel doesn't, even though Adam is the scientist, not Conner. I've been crediting Conner's hyper-cosmic awareness as one possible explanation, but after 60+ years of actively having these powers and being a genius, surely Adam should have figured out by now these advance uses of his abilities. Something just doesn't add up.
    Maybe keeping a force field up for a certain period of time takes energy. I think Sue Storm has a similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe keeping a force field up for a certain period of time takes energy. I think Sue Storm has a similar issue.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Even if it's possible to survive using his powers instead of the suit, it probably requires a degree on concentration and taps into his personal power reserves, which likely limits the amount of time he can do it. A protective suit likely extends the amount of time and effort he can survive.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm thinking the same thing. Even if it's possible to survive using his powers instead of the suit, it probably requires a degree on concentration and taps into his personal power reserves, which likely limits the amount of time he can do it. A protective suit likely extends the amount of time and effort he can survive.
    Energy isn't the issue. Adam and Conner are tied to the same limitless source of energy. Even if they weren't, Adam is capable of recharging via matter-antimatter annihilation at will. A mere strand of hair would power him for weeks.

It has something to do with the harmony of matter and antimatter in the Neutral Zone, but I can't quite figure it out. Monica can survive in the Neutral Zone in her photon form presumably indefinitely given that photons are their own antiparticle. The harmony already exists.

But in re-reading the Ultimates, I also remembered that America Chavez didn't need protective body armor, either. She was able to survive in the environment of the Neutral Zone unaided at least for several minutes while the rest of the team confronted Anti-Man. I know she's nigh-indestructible, but Adam is pretty durable, too. Or at least Grevioux Blue Marvel is durable. Ewing Blue Marvel might not be.

Anyway, I'm probably better off just letting it go. As with Adam and radiation, the scientific inconsistency is likely necessary to advance the story.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invincible Member

It looks the Milestone revival is finally underway. It will be interesting to see what Hudlin and Cowen do with Icon when his title starts. I have a feeling we'll get at least some of what a few people here are asking for with Blue Marvel ( superhero-ics with a touch social commentary).

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    It looks the Milestone revival is finally underway. It will be interesting to see what Hudlin and Cowen do with Icon when his title starts. I have a feeling we'll get at least some of what a few people here are asking for with Blue Marvel ( superhero-ics with a touch social commentary).
    Hey, long as they don't have Icon get bodied by Robin or something else like that it might be a good book to pick up.

Amazing Member

No sign of Adam in the December solicits smh

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolaidkid View Post
    No sign of Adam in the December solicits smh
    Adam is pretty much done for the year. They used him in Empyre (sort of) and Dr. Doom. He didn't really do anything in either other than appear on panel -- so I guess the folks who think it's best for him to show up and do absolutely nothing are blissfully content.

It sounds like Sentry is the big gun that they'll be using for the Knull event. Anyone care to bet that Sentry won't get body-slammed by Silver Sable, one-shotted by Firelord, or anything ridiculous like that?

BANNED

Is Sentry seduction proof? Does anyone know if he even likes women?