Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Is Sentry seduction proof? Does anyone know if he even likes women?
    He was married and had a wife.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Adam is pretty much done for the year. They used him in Empyre (sort of) and Dr. Doom. He didn't really do anything in either other than appear on panel -- so I guess the folks who think it's best for him to show up and do absolutely nothing are blissfully content.

It sounds like Sentry is the big gun that they'll be using for the Knull event. Anyone care to bet that Sentry won't get body-slammed by Silver Sable, one-shotted by Firelord, or anything ridiculous like that?
    bob2jpg.JPG

Sentry is not immune friends, lawl.

More seriously, Cates has always been fond of Sentry, and has probably always planned on involving him from the get-go given his, you know, famous history with Carnage and what not and the fact that his bad half is literally called 'the Void' and Knull is the Void God and what not.

That said, I think Adam has more to do with stopping the black hole on the moon or whatever it is over in Doom, so hopefully he gets a good moment there.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-19-2020 at 09:14 AM.

If there's a chance that we could see Knull using the Sentry's bad half against the heroes, i don't see how you could not have Adam get involved if only cause they are going to need all the big guns to handle a dark God and the void!

Invincible Member

Adam is pretty much done for the year. They used him in Empyre (sort of) and Dr. Doom. He didn't really do anything in either other than appear on panel -- so I guess the folks who think it's best for him to show up and do absolutely nothing are blissfully content.

It sounds like Sentry is the big gun that they'll be using for the Knull event. Anyone care to bet that Sentry won't get body-slammed by Silver Sable, one-shotted by Firelord, or anything ridiculous like that?
    Eh, it depends. Keep in mind Bendis literally had Sentry running away from fights due to his anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    If there's a chance that we could see Knull using the Sentry's bad half against the heroes, i don't see how you could not have Adam get involved if only cause they are going to need all the big guns to handle a dark God and the void!
    Even if he doesn't play a substantial role, I do think he will at least be in the event. If Knull is even half the threat he is being made out to be (and the guy at one point beheaded a Celestrial so he should be WAAAY up there), then I think a call will be made out of all hands on deck.

Course, a good percentage of the heroes will probably end up being venomized and fighting for the other team. Symbiotes have a knack for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Is Sentry seduction proof? Does anyone know if he even likes women?
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He was married and had a wife.
    Plus, apparently at some point in the past, Sentry and Rogue slept together. But I have no idea if that is still canon or not.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Plus, apparently at some point in the past, Sentry and Rogue slept together. But I have no idea if that is still canon or not.
    It's not. Fallen Sun is best thought of as Bob being in a delusional state while burning to death in the sun over and over.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-19-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm hoping they don't regurgitate some of the same stuff that we've already seen in Contest of Champions with the Symbioids, which were a combination of Klyntar symbiotes and the Void/Sentry. Considering the treatment that Blue Marvel got in CoC, I'm fine with him not appearing in the King in Black. I don't want to see another scene where Adam is holding absolute power in his hands accompanied by some crappy dialogue about him being too afraid to wield it, so he loses it to a man not mere seconds before he called a murderer. Ridiculous. Black people being afraid of power is a recurring theme that I'd like to avoid. Speaking of which, let's hope Monica appears in the event and gets her top-end powers back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm hoping they don't regurgitate some of the same stuff that we've already seen in Contest of Champions with the Symbioids, which were a combination of Klyntar symbiotes and the Void/Sentry. Considering the treatment that Blue Marvel got in CoC, I'm fine with him not appearing in the King in Black. I don't want to see another scene where Adam is holding absolute power in his hands accompanied by some crappy dialogue about him being too afraid to wield it, so he loses it to a man not mere seconds before he called a murderer. Ridiculous. Black people being afraid of power is a recurring theme that I'd like to avoid. Speaking of which, let's hope Monica appears in the event and gets her top-end powers back.
    Black heroes and the lack of conviction to give the mother of finishing moves to villains go together like peanut butter and jelly in the MU. Sidebar, didn't know Monica was depowered, good grief. Its crazy the petty things that happen to black characters.

Black heroes and the lack of conviction to give the mother of finishing moves to villains go together like peanut butter and jelly in the MU. Sidebar, didn't know Monica was depowered, good grief. Its crazy the petty things that happen to black characters.
    Monica isn't depowered, she just had her power levels reduced "normal."

Astonishing Member

Let's be real. Everyone's held cosmic power at some point. Having characters be insane or fear their own power is an easy (cheap) way to limit something so game-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Let's be real. Everyone's held cosmic power at some point. Having characters be insane or fear their own power is an easy (cheap) way to limit something so game-breaking.
    Some have held it more often and certainly for longer durations than others. Some still have it. Last I checked, Void Sentry, the Molecule Man, future Franklin Richards and on and on still have their measure of "absolute" power. You'll never hear them say, "I'm giving it all up to be normal." And even though Bob wishes that he'd listened to Nancy Reagan and just said no to drugs, and at times he is both deathly afraid of what the Void might do and wracked by mental health concerns, good luck getting a writer to permanently reduce his power thresholds to, oh, run of the mill Eternal Starfox level. Won't happen.

The simple fact of the matter is that we've never seen Adam (or Monica) possess absolute power. We've certainly never seen him use what power he does have at even the same levels as his counterpart, Anti-Man. Adam as depicted has a ceiling that is little better than the floor for other characters like Thor, Sentry, Silver Surfer, etc. It shouldn't be that way, but it all too often is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    It’s canon. And it’s how Rogue lost her v-card.

Just ask Gambit fans

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s canon. And it’s how Rogue lost her v-card.

Just ask Gambit fans
    Wait, how old is Sentry? Because last I recall, Rogue wasn't that old. When she was introduced she was only a teen back in Avengers Annual, wasn't she? And for some reason I had the impression that Sentry had been around since the 1960s. He was the reason why Galactus didn't eat the Earth back before the FF got their start, wasn't he???

Invincible Member

I think Claremont has said that Rogue was supposed to be about 18 when she joined the X-Men. Her alleged affair with Bob was mentioned in dialogue during the funeral issue. It wasn't made clear how Sentry was supposed to be, but I was under the impression that once they established him in the 616, he became subject to the sliding timescale ( though I could be wrong).