Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I'd happily read Adam in almost on almost any team in almost any book, Squadron Supreme included, I'm still holding out hope for him to be in the Avengers. Probably not the main team, but at least a satellite team like Secret Avengers or Ultimates (which I still consider an Avengers team even if it doesn't use the name).

If he got a spot in a Squadron Supremem book, odds are it would be cancelled in 6 issues unless it had a fairly high profile creative team. Most satellite Avenger books will at least stick around a year. Being on an Avengers book gives him a chance.
    I think Adam's next logical stop will be the Fantastic Four. There has to be a reason why he was used in the Doom series as Reed's proxy. Maybe Reed takes a sabbatical, Johnny takes a leave as well, presenting an opportunity for Adam to work with Ben Grimm, Susan Richards and maybe someone like Kamala Khan. Someone old, someone new, someone borrowed and definitely someone Blue.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 11-08-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Amazing Member

It's been a minute since I last posted and I know fan casting has already been discussed here but what does everyone think about:
    -Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek Enterprise. He's 49
    -Adrian Holmes Canadian actor who had a guest appearance Smalleville back in the day. He's 46
    -Lyric Bent another Canadian actor who has had numerous appearances on the small and large screen including Saw IV and the Book of Negroes. He's 41
    -Someone already said Blair Underwood

....that's all I got for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I think Adam's next logical stop will be the Fantastic Four. There has to be a reason why he was used in the Doom series as Reed's proxy. Maybe Reed takes a sabbatical, Johnny takes a leave as well, presenting an opportunity for Adam to work with Ben Grimm, Susan Richards and maybe someone like Kamala Khan. Someone old, someone new, someone borrowed and definitely someone Blue.
    They probably should have him replace Reed and use the Mr Fantastic codename for a while.
    I don't like it, but that seems to be an effective way to give new/underexposed characters some visibility.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They probably should have him replace Reed and use the Mr Fantastic codename for a while.
    I don't like it, but that seems to be an effective way to give new/underexposed characters some visibility.
    He would become marvel's Mr. Terrific

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This makes me wonder what kind of contract Kevin has with Marvel. We're not getting anymore Isaiah Bradley due to conflict over rights. And it's no secret that Deadpool, Cable, and X-Force temporarily were changed to Agent X, Soldier X, and X-Static cuz someone in management didn't want to pay Rob Liefeld royalties for his creations.
    I wonder if Kevin is reading any of the recent stories with BM in it. I know I would just for a good laugh.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm fine with Adam replacing Reed. I'd really like to see him develop a relationship with Sue and Ben. I suspect the 4th member of the team would have to be someone with a pretty big following, and that, too, can only help Adam's overall popularity.

However, I disagree with borrowing the "Mr. Fantastic" moniker. There's no need for it. But more importantly, I've had my fill of mantle swaps and having minorities or women sub or replace established White characters in that fashion. It does a disservice to both. Besides, when Reed comes back, what then? After what happened to Monica, I have neither the patience or appetite to see Adam go through a round of name changes. It's bad enough "Blue Marvel" wasn't exactly a unique name. Thankfully, it doesn't look like that character or any of his family will be coming around to claim the name.

That said, if it helps Adam in any way to give him a unique name, I'm all for it. I initially wasn't a fan of the "Blue Marvel" name. More and more people recognize the Blue Marvel name, but his popularity hasn't crested yet. So if they're going to change it, now would be the best time. I just want them to keep the "Man of Marvels" sobriquet. It does for Adam what "Friendly Neighborhood" does for Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoolaidkid View Post
    He would become marvel's Mr. Terrific
    How so? Intellect and ethnicity aside, aren't they vastly different character archetypes?

I say just bring back The Ultimates minus America, Carol, and maybe even T'Challa. Let him hold down a well conceived team as the lead. I'm thinking:

old school Nick Fury for tactical.
    The 2nd Deaths head
    Nova
    Photon
    War Machine
    Sersi
    Blue Marvel to round it out.

I think Adam is one of those characters that is better off without a team, at least for a while. A big problem with Marvel and DC, is too many teams overlapping in purpose and Ultimates was pretty much Guardians of the Galaxy mixed with Fantastic Four.

Of course, that problem also applies to solo characters. I guess the Ultimates could work if we figure out a niche for them no other team is using.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think Adam is one of those characters that is better off without a team, at least for a while. A big problem with Marvel and DC, is too many teams overlapping in purpose and Ultimates was pretty much Guardians of the Galaxy mixed with Fantastic Four.

Of course, that problem also applies to solo characters. I guess the Ultimates could work if we figure out a niche for them no other team is using.
    I think most characters are better off without teams honestly since they’re allowed to develop their own mythos at that point.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 11-11-2020 at 09:07 AM.

The more I draw her, the more I want Ashake to be one of the mysterious women in Adam's past. Maybe go as far as to establish her as Adrienne's biological mother. Crazier things have happened in real life to real families.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The more I draw her, the more I want Ashake to be one of the mysterious women in Adam's past. Maybe go as far as to establish her as Adrienne's biological mother. Crazier things have happened in real life to real families.
    Bro need to just post a gallery on your gram. The work is good ...����

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, it's not really a "terribly bad idea" but the whole point of the The Squadron is to parody the JLA or to satire the concept of certain types of superheroes. If you want BM to shine, the idea is should be to move him beyond that "Superman/flying brick" archetype and do stories that they aren't doing with similar characters.
    Ding ding ding ding exactomundo!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    'Zat so?

Blue Marvel is the 'Scientist Superman' of Marvel Comics.

He has an undersea science fortress instead of a Fortress of Solitude.

He's an Investigative Scientist instead of an Investigative Reporter.

And genius-level intellect aside, when it comes down to the heat of battle, he will still act as a flying brick.

Just like Superman would. Just like the Sentry would. Just like Carol Danvers would.

Ask Hyperion, ask Anti-Man, and ask Shuma-Gorath, about the way he fights.

'Scientist Superman' would make a great fit for the Squadron Supreme.
    I agree with all you have said except having BM to replace Hyperion in squandron supreme.

Hyperion to SS is as foundational as Supes is to JL

2ndly Hyperion also has his fans...it would be wrong to piss on them in order to shoehorn BM as Hyperion's replacement.

A suggestion...that pleases all parties is to have BM as a primary team scientist (along with Nighthawk) and being the team back up powerhouse.

Nighthawk being more tech oriented while BM handles advanced and exotic sciences.

Hyperion is still on the team doing his thing and is still the leader (or perhaps Nighthawk) and BM also has his part complimenting the team.

BM may not be front and center but still has plenty to do

Personally I prefer BM being in Ultimates and Mighty Avengers....he was superb and would have become easy better if those titles lasted longer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Squadron Supreme already have a Superman stand-in of their own. Putting Adam with them won't do him any favors and will just have fans pissed off that Hyperion got replaced by a black man. No one wins in this situation.
    Agreed and co-signed!