Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

"Incoming" is the event where Blue Marvel, Jimmy Woo and Night Thrasher form the new iteration of the Three X's, isn't it? Yes, Blue Marvel is supposed to play a role, but I highly doubt it will be a significant role. The Man of Marvels as superhero think tank consultant and expert to the stars does nothing for me.

In any event it's a hard pass. I could care less about Kree, Skrulls, Celestial Madonna, Celestial Messiah and any other trite rehash of dormant plots that they should have left in the vault. The Sentry had a decent showing in his last mini series. If they do something similar for Blue Marvel, I'll buy it. Until then....
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-06-2020 at 06:14 PM.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

If Monica wasn't in the picture, who would you like to see Blue Marvel date?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Carol Danvers is the first person that comes to mind. She operates at a similar power level, so it's a good fit. Plus her having her own monthly book means Adam will be used regularly in a monthly title... that's always nice.

Tamara Devoux (Captain Universe)
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Ultimate Member

Seriously, I would want it to be a civilian. And not some 20yr old looking model, I'd want an actually mature woman.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

"Incoming" is the event where Blue Marvel, Jimmy Woo and Night Thrasher form the new iteration of the Three X's, isn't it? Yes, Blue Marvel is supposed to play a role, but I highly doubt it will be a significant role. The Man of Marvels as superhero think tank consultant and expert to the stars does nothing for me.

In any event it's a hard pass. I could care less about Kree, Skrulls, Celestial Madonna, Celestial Messiah and any other trite rehash of dormant plots that they should have left in the vault. The Sentry had a decent showing in his last mini series. If they do something similar for Blue Marvel, I'll buy it. Until then....
    How come no one replied to this

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Seriously, I would want it to be a civilian. And not some 20yr old looking model, I'd want an actually mature woman.
    Mature is a relative term. Since I'm only polling for existing characters, do you have someone in particular in mind who suits your definition of a "mature woman" (and a civilian) for Blue? I'm sure Marvel must have several women as supporting cast who could be a possible candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Carol Danvers is the first person that comes to mind. She operates at a similar power level, so it's a good fit. Plus her having her own monthly book means Adam will be used regularly in a monthly title... that's always nice.
    Did Carol recently get a power boost? I seem to recall her needing Blue Marvel's help to reach Binary level, and even then she was below Blue Marvel in terms of sheer, raw power when Blue is written to his true capabilities. A question for another day, though.

Let's assume that this isn't about Blue Marvel appearances or power compatibility. We're talking a serious, adult relationship with another existing Marvel femme.

I think Carol is nixed on two accounts.

First, technically, she's supposed to be Monica's BFF. No man in his right mind is going to date his ex-girlfriend's BFF. Carol isn't going to go there either, not after taking the Captain Marvel name without showing Monica the simple courtesy of checking with her first. Monica would feel some type of way if Carol and Adam hooked up, and Carol would look classless for it.

Secondly, Carol and Adam do not have the same approach or mindset. But for Adam wanting to be a team player, they would have clashed in the pages of the Ultimates. Adam did not support her on the whole Ulysses thing. And Carol can be doggedly bullheaded in ways that would be a major turn-off for a man like Adam. It's one thing to be ambitious, but something else entirely to lean in with gusto when you don't have all of the facts.

A writer can choose whatever narrative he/she wants, but I see a relationship with Carol only ending in disaster. So for me Carol is out, but there are plenty of other options out there. Let's keep looking....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Monica Chang.

Another agent like his first wife.

I echo ed2962's idea of him dating a civilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think dating civilians only benefits a character if they have their own book. If you're Spider-Man or Superman, you SHOULD have your own Lois Lane.

But at this point in time if Adam can barely get any panel time, a civilian girlfriend might as well be elected major of limbo. Not a knock against him or the idea in general... but logistically speaking I think he needs a love interest that can help boost his standing. At LEAST someone who appears in a team book regularly, if not someone with their own book. Dating Monica at least him a FEW panels in No Road Home. Wasn't a lot, but it was something.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does a mutant who isn't a costumed adventurer of any kind count as a civilian?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Tamara Devoux (Captain Universe)
    I like Adam with Monica but that is an interesting idea I have to say...

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I like Adam with Monica but that is an interesting idea I have to say...
    I actually wonder if the Tamara is still Captain Universe. I think the way that works is that you only keep it to deal with one specific problem, then it moves on to find another Captain Universe to deal with some other problem. Though I suppose if someone wanted to, they could change the rules if they still wanted to use her as Captain Universe.

That's a good one. Who are the top single women in the Marvel universe?