Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    No. He should join the annihilators since they've lost brb, ronan and ikon.
    God no. That team feels as if it were only made for vs threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    No. He should join the annihilators since they've lost brb, ronan and ikon.
    I'm not sure at this point there's an Annihilators to join.

But if there hypothetically were, he'd make a descent fit. Powerwise he obviously fits... and I don't think the group has a smart guy on it.

But really I still want Adam and Monica to be on some sort of Avengers team. I hope we get more than 1 team gong again down the line. Or Ultimates (which is basically an Avengers team).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I just don't see Adam calling himself an Annihilator, even if that aptly describes his power.

I'm not sure if Strikeforce has been cancelled, but if so, I'd like to see Adam and Monica reunite on a team book. I still think an X-Men team comprised of mutants and human allies could be interesting.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I just don't see Adam calling himself an Annihilator, even if that aptly describes his power.

I'm not sure if Strikeforce has been cancelled, but if so, I'd like to see Adam and Monica reunite on a team book. I still think an X-Men team comprised of mutants and human allies could be interesting.
    I don't think anyone can really touch mutant related stuff while Hickman is doing his thing in X-Men... but afterwards, if they ever decide to reform the Uncanny Avengers having Monica and Adam on the team might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think anyone can really touch mutant related stuff while Hickman is doing his thing in X-Men... but afterwards, if they ever decide to reform the Uncanny Avengers having Monica and Adam on the team might be cool.
    Yeah, I figured Hickman would wall off all of the X-characters until he was done telling his story.

I think Adam and Monica joining the X-family and putting the Avengers stuff on hold for a spell could be good for character development. It's too bad Shard is no longer around. I could definitely see her forming a bond and taking to "Aunt Monica" in a good way.

Yeah, I figured Hickman would wall off all of the X-characters until he was done telling his story.

I think Adam and Monica joining the X-family and putting the Avengers stuff on hold for a spell could be good for character development. It's too bad Shard is no longer around. I could definitely see her forming a bond and taking to "Aunt Monica" in a good way.
    I'm all for a new opportunity for Adam to be integrated into Marvel universe, I just would like to hear the premise for the book and what villains are we talking about here? For me, I like to see Adam team with, Sage, Psylocke, Gambit, Havok and Gentle
    Bishop would be on this team too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm all for a new opportunity for Adam to be integrated into Marvel universe, I just would like to hear the premise for the book and what villains are we talking about here? For me, I like to see Adam team with, Sage, Psylocke, Gambit, Havok and Gentle
    Bishop would be on this team too!!!
    I'd be totally open to the line-up, although my preference is to see Adam and Monica teamed up with at least one of the original team members.

As far as what brings Adam and Monica to the X-Men, any number of script ideas work.

In my fanfic, Adam was using his device from the Ultimates that grants him cosmic scale acuity for weeks on end, when he starts having painful migraines followed by jumbled flashbacks. Monica enters his mind and manages to see an image of Professor X. Adam insists that he doesn't recall ever speaking to Charles Xavier for any substantive length of time. Monica and Adam decide to pay the X-men a visit, hoping that Jean and the others can help piece together Adam's fragmented memory. At this point Adam's migraines are so intense that they start to affect his powers. Before long anti-matter storms start forming in the atmosphere, similar in fury and scale to those generated by Anti-Man in ALOTBM. Adam and Monica eventually make it to the X-Men, whereupon it takes Jean, Rachel, Maddy Pryor and Psylocke working in concert to unlock and defragment Adam's psyche. Long story short, Adam and Professor X have buried two secrets within Adam's mind. The first secret pertains to psionic powers that Adam didn't know that he has. The second secret involves the deadly being imprisoned in Adam's mind that has been feasting on his psionic energies for the past 58 years. Jean and the others realize too late that this is one secret that they should have left buried in a story I call, "Psi-War III: Look Both Ways Before You Cross My Mind!" (A line borrowed from George Clinton.)

This was an idea on using the name MARVEL FAMILY for a book.
    I thought of it as a kind of BIONIC SIX situation.
    As for villains, there’s no shortage at Marvel of powerful, unused villains that could challenge Adam physically and/or intellectually.
    High Evolutionary, Centurius, Kang, Moses Magnum, Mojo, The Stranger, The Maker, all come to mind.

I'd be totally open to the line-up, although my preference is to see Adam and Monica teamed up with at least one of the original team members.

As far as what brings Adam and Monica to the X-Men, any number of script ideas work.

In my fanfic, Adam was using his device from the Ultimates that grants him cosmic scale acuity for weeks on end, when he starts having painful migraines followed by jumbled flashbacks. Monica enters his mind and manages to see an image of Professor X. Adam insists that he doesn't recall ever speaking to Charles Xavier for any substantive length of time. Monica and Adam decide to pay the X-men a visit, hoping that Jean and the others can help piece together Adam's fragmented memory. At this point Adam's migraines are so intense that they start to affect his powers. Before long anti-matter storms start forming in the atmosphere, similar in fury and scale to those generated by Anti-Man in ALOTBM. Adam and Monica eventually make it to the X-Men, whereupon it takes Jean, Rachel, Maddy Pryor and Psylocke working in concert to unlock and defragment Adam's psyche. Long story short, Adam and Professor X have buried two secrets within Adam's mind. The first secret pertains to psionic powers that Adam didn't know that he has. The second secret involves the deadly being imprisoned in Adam's mind that has been feasting on his psionic energies for the past 58 years. Jean and the others realize too late that this is one secret that they should have left buried in a story I call, "Psi-War III: Look Both Ways Before You Cross My Mind!" (A line borrowed from George Clinton.)
    Yo, pretty good pitch, love that P-Funk!!! Reference!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    As for villains, there’s no shortage at Marvel of powerful, unused villains that could challenge Adam physically and/or intellectually.
    High Evolutionary, Centurius, Kang, Moses Magnum, Mojo, The Stranger, The Maker, all come to mind.

This is an inspired lineup, I would swap Synch for Moon Girl only due to the redundancy of too many geniuses. It would take such a strong push to get someone with balls to really write a team like this together for the obvious reasons. I'm feeling the two powerful mentors rearing young heroes. The optics and writing would be so different for starters we have not seen the courage at Marvel comics to really commit to a fully, or majority black team with two strong black leaders. Me, I would lose it to see this go off!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is an inspired lineup, I would swap Synch for Moon Girl only due to the redundancy of too many geniuses. It would take such a strong push to get someone with balls to really write a team like this together for the obvious reasons. I'm feeling the two powerful mentors rearing young heroes. The optics and writing would be so different for starters we have not seen the courage at Marvel comics to really commit to a fully, or majority black team with two strong black leaders. Me, I would lose it to see this go off!
    Thanks so much for the feedback!
    I could def. see putting Synch on this team. I remember thinking he was a really solid character when he debuted. I was bummed at his eventual fate...

Thanks so much for the feedback!
    I could def. see putting Synch on this team. I remember thinking he was a really solid character when he debuted. I was bummed at his eventual fate...
    I think Synch and Darwin are alive again, but don't quote me on that...
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Though I like the team, the practical side of me would probably argue the group needs a bit of star power. Maybe Black Panther or something like that, just to help give it a bit of an edge in sales. But otherwise yeah, it seems like a fun group.

Hopefully the star power would come in the form of a terrific writer/artist combo...-wishful thinking-

But BP (and Tony Stark, various SHIELD characters) would be positioned to make appearances. Adam would be funded by these guys, so seeing them show up wouldn’t be too out of place!

Hopefully the star power would come in the form of a terrific writer/artist combo...-wishful thinking-

But BP (and Tony Stark, various SHIELD characters) would be positioned to make appearances. Adam would be funded by these guys, so seeing them show up wouldn’t be too out of place!
    I think that BP would be great to sponsor this team. It can serve as an opportunity for him to exert greater influence on the outside world through a team like this.