Default Robotman --Robert Crane

I have a question about the original Robotman. I know he first appeared.in Star spangled Comics #7 in 1942. When was his last appearance (not counting his All Star Squadron and other appearances in the 1970s)?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

No idea sorry, but just here to say he sounds like an interesting character

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Comic wise I think the last time I remember him appearing was in the Elseworlds JSA story The Golden Age. As far as a for a cannon last apperence I have no idea. I want to say they were able to transfer his brain into a new human body at some point. and he just lived out his life as a normal man after that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Comic wise I think the last time I remember him appearing was in the Elseworlds JSA story The Golden Age. As far as a for a cannon last apperence I have no idea. I want to say they were able to transfer his brain into a new human body at some point. and he just lived out his life as a normal man after that.
    At the tail end of Geoff Johns' run on Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. the good Doctor Crane (A.K.A. The Golden Age Robotman) made a couple of modern day in-continuity appearances, having by this point transferred his brain into the body of his old and good friend Dr. Grayson. This body change was established, I believe, in an old issue of D.C. Comics Presents and expounded upon in the Roy Thomas 1984-85 mini, America Versus the Justice Society of America.

Boisterously Confused

If your question is about when the original Robotman run ended, The Late, Great Don Markham had him moving from Star-Spangled Comics to Detective Comics in 1948, and being dropped in 1953.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If your question is about when the original Robotman run ended, The Late, Great Don Markham had him moving from Star-Spangled Comics to Detective Comics in 1948, and being dropped in 1953.
    That was my question and thank you!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That was my question and thank you!
    De Nada. Markham's site is amazing. He really knew his stuff, and I could spend a whole day just clicking through its links. I wish I'd known the man.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XIX (September 1986)

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    From the All-Star Squadron Fact File in All-Star Squadron #8 (April 1982):

Wait, is he named "Robert" because is sounds vaguely like "Robot"?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The character had quite a long run in the Golden Age.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Wait, is he named "Robert" because is sounds vaguely like "Robot"?
    Yup. And his last name also invokes a machine. However, after getting all robotized, the good Dr. Crane took up the alias of Paul Dennis.