Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Black Canary is another one I don’t think should be in the League. Outside of past membership and relationships with a few League members she doesn’t meet the rest of the criteria for League membership.
    She’s a funny one, yeah.
    At one point she was a legacy character, who’s mom had been in the JSA, so her being on that team’s successor (of which she was retconned into being a founding member of at one point) made sense. Now? Not as much.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think Black Canary should always be on the team, hell I'd put her in a leadership role too.

I guess Dick Grayson would be a character that I love who would be pretty redundant on the Justice League.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like that the League can be different things with each lineup/creative team just so there are new and interesting takes on the team dynamic.
    Yeah agreed. It doesn't have to stay one thing/style.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

For me the perfect break down for a Justice League book would be the JLU model but barring that I would like to see a good mix like the Satellite days. Of the big 7 only 4 or maybe 5 of them at any one time with only two of the Big 3 (Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman) on the team at the same time with the rest of the team (3 or 4 members) being the B and C listers. Characters could come and go as the missions called for too.

Honestly? Bruce Wayne. Even amongst family, he's not exactly a "team player" kind of guy (to say the least). In all honesty, Dick would be the better Justice League member overall.

BANNED

Cyborg will always play second fiddle when Batman is on the team since Batman is first brain, first tech guy, and the bigger brand. Justice League stories are usually big fights, not mysteries since mysteries are much harder to write. Also gotta keep that golden goose looking useful against Darkseid.

Black Lightning will always play second fiddle to the other lightning guy: Flash. Besides the ownership and rights issues, his name is out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Cyborg will always play second fiddle when Batman is on the team since Batman is first brain, first tech guy, and the bigger brand. Justice League stories are usually big fights, not mysteries since mysteries are much harder to write. Also gotta keep that golden goose looking useful against Darkseid.

Black Lightning will always play second fiddle to the other lightning guy: Flash. Besides the ownership and rights issues, his name is out of date.
    Black Lightning's powers work so differently from The Flash's though.

And none of those issues have seemed to hurt his TV show or his appearance on Young Justice: Outsiders.

BANNED

Yeah almost every superhero name in comics sound silly or out of date tbh

Yea I never got the flack given to Lightning's name in a world where a guy named Black Panther made billions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Yeah almost every superhero name in comics sound silly or out of date tbh
    Agreed. Exhibit A: Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    Yea I never got the flack given to Lightning's name in a world where a guy named Black Panther made billions of dollars.
    A black panther can be found in nature. Black lightning is forced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Black Lightning's powers work so differently from The Flash's though.

And none of those issues have seemed to hurt his TV show or his appearance on Young Justice: Outsiders.
    It stands out more on a smaller team. Young Justice has a lot of redundant characters, symbols, and powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Agreed. Exhibit A: Wonder Woman
    I doubt she dubbed herself that.

And I doubt the news called Jefferson Black Lightning out of the blue--but maybe they're incredibly racist.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    A black panther can be found in nature. Black lightning is forced.
    I've never seen a Black Canary before, is that forced too? What about Black Adam?

BANNED

I don’t give Black Panther flack given it’s a ceremonial title for the head warrior of the nation. If the name somewhat makes sense for an in world explanation I don’t find it so goofy.

Names like Black Adam, Green Arrow, Black Bolt, Geo-Force, and so many more come off goofy to me. Like what makes you or anyone around you (news outlets) decide to start calling you Black Adam or Geo-Force