Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Heroes you love, but don't think should be in the Justice League

Who are some heroes you love, but don't think belong on the League?

For me, it's old school Ralph Dibney. From back in Pre-COIE days. I really liked Ralph back before he was treated like a joke or acted like a moron (that's a different iteration of JL and not my type of humor), but even in the satellite era, I didn't really like him in the League, despite a few good scenes.

Firstly, Sue wasn't there, and I love seeing Ralph with Sue. Secondly, though, I didn't think it really suited his interests. He is a detective. Wants mysteries to solve. There's even an issue where he makes a comment to the effect that there are plenty of bad guys to fight, but when did they last have a good mystery. So, much as I love him, I just don't think it's the place for him.

BANNED

I've really liked Ray Palmer since I discovered the Sword of the Atom books, but I'm not a big fan of the idea of a super extended big Justice League (I'd probably only have 10 members, tops and that's really pushing it). Considering that, I don't think I would have him there.

I've come to feel this way about Wonder Woman as DC does very little of significance with her on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I've really liked Ray Palmer since I discovered the Sword of the Atom books, but I'm not a big fan of the idea of a super extended big Justice League (I'd probably only have 10 members, tops and that's really pushing it). Considering that, I don't think I would have him there.
    Funnily, I don't much enjoy his solo stories, but like in the League in the old days. I liked him best prior to Sword of the Atom and specifically don't care for the miniature worlds. I know that not being interested in his mythos that way is a reason I mostly like him on team comics. I expect a lot more Ray fans agree with you.

Nightwing. He's one of my favorite characters in comics and I think he could and should be a pivotal character at DC. I think he'd be a far better fit for the League than Bruce as well. But I don't want him there. That's Bruce's team and nothing will make people forget that. Dick Grayson needs to continue forging his own trail, not following Bruce's footsteps.

John Constantine is nowhere near trustworthy enough to be a part of any group that's connected to the League. He's a great character, whatever, but I'd trust Jason Blood and Etrigan more than John.

Booster Gold. The idea that Booster has to remain a joke to maintain his cover as a time cop means that poor Mike shouldnt get to join up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Funnily, I don't much enjoy his solo stories, but like in the League in the old days. I liked him best prior to Sword of the Atom and specifically don't care for the miniature worlds. I know that not being interested in his mythos that way is a reason I mostly like him on team comics. I expect a lot more Ray fans agree with you.
    : o
    Why don't you like the miniature worlds!?

That is interesting. My view is pretty much flipped. To me, his powers...aren't quite of general enough use for the Justice League, and Batman is enough of a science wiz, but on his own, the Atom can explore a lot of cool stuff.

I like Harley Quinn but don't think she should ever be an official Justice League member.

Dibney should at best be an on call attache to the League if theirs a mystery that either Batman cant figure out or is unavailable

Astonishing Member

Let's go for the elephant in the room. Batman makes no sense in the JLA unless you are removing the character's street-level appeal. Either he can be challenged by thugs with guns in Gotham or he has tech that can handle alien invasions at his fingertips.

I actually don't love Cyborg and I don't think he should be in the Justice League. He's been a part of the team for many years and iterations and he's never gotten any more popular than he is (not much comparitvely) and his character is pigeonholed into one trope, plot device, etc. "Motherbox/man or machine?!".

It's so weird that someone can be a part of the team for so long and still provide so little compared to every other iconic member.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

There's a few I think make no sense.

I love Booster Gold, but he should NEVER be in the League. Geoff Johns' take was damn near perfect for me.
    Batman has no right being there either. This also includes Green Arrow. By rights they would last about 20 seconds against the threats JLA face.
    Last but not least, I HATE the Cyborg retcon shoehorning him into the team as a founding member. Just.... no.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    There's a few I think make no sense.

I love Booster Gold, but he should NEVER be in the League. Geoff Johns' take was damn near perfect for me.
    Batman has no right being there either. This also includes Green Arrow. By rights they would last about 20 seconds against the threats JLA face.
    Last but not least, I HATE the Cyborg retcon shoehorning him into the team as a founding member. Just.... no.
    Batman can do everything, he defeated Darkseid alone and ressurected his own child. Batman can even have Cyborg has co-founding JL member because he want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    : o
    Why don't you like the miniature worlds!?

That is interesting. My view is pretty much flipped. To me, his powers...aren't quite of general enough use for the Justice League, and Batman is enough of a science wiz, but on his own, the Atom can explore a lot of cool stuff.
    I really don't know why I don't like them, I just don't. I do know I like consistent supporting casts and settings, and don't like "travel hero" stories, so that could factor in somewhat, but maybe not. I think I just like the standard superhero setup. I prefer Hal in Coast City at Ferris to space-based adventures. Diana with more standard villains and less mythology-steeped, etc.

I actually don't love Cyborg and I don't think he should be in the Justice League. He's been a part of the team for many years and iterations and he's never gotten any more popular than he is (not much comparitvely) and his character is pigeonholed into one trope, plot device, etc. "Motherbox/man or machine?!".
    Not what this thread it for. It's not meant to talk about characters you don't like or don't think are worthy. It's not mean to be negative or insulting. It's about ones you really like and don't think fit there. I very specifically wanted to avoid people dumping on characters. That's why I asked for characters you love.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    John Constantine is nowhere near trustworthy enough to be a part of any group that's connected to the League. He's a great character, whatever, but I'd trust Jason Blood and Etrigan more than John.
    Agreed. I'm doubtful many of the superheroes would agree with his anti-hero 'ends justify the means' methods either.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, I suppose he's dead now, but I did like Arsenal, but there was a telling scene in a spaceship once in one of the JLA/JSA team ups prior to Flashpoint where Power Girl observes to Roy that he's just a guy with a bow and arrow...in space. Kind of sums up my opinion about a lot of the street level unpowered types I like. Great characters and I love 'em, but maybe not best suited to a team that quite often deals with cosmic threats.