Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I do have a problem with so many black characters being called black something
    How many of them actually do though? There's Black Panther, Black Manta and Black Lightning and who else?

like Black Manta, who wanted all the black people to live underwater.
    I'm pretty sure even the story that did that revealed Manta was lying about this and was just manipulating black people for his own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think it's most likely just a nickname, a way for Hill to use a term from Katana's culture to both subtly showcase her japanese hertiage while also giving Black Lightning a little gravitas. Going into Outsiders Hill referred to Jeff as a elemental multiple time, I think the pet name and the way Soy & Gandini visualize his powers are supposed to help evoke that "force of nature" feeling.
    That seems like a weird idea for a nickname. It would like Diana calling Superman "Apollo" as a nickname. I don't know if I would call it racist but it does seem... dumb. And Jefferson isn't the type of person who would like being compared to a god even if he does want people to respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Cyborg will always play second fiddle when Batman is on the team since Batman is first brain, first tech guy, and the bigger brand. Justice League stories are usually big fights, not mysteries since mysteries are much harder to write. Also gotta keep that golden goose looking useful against Darkseid.

Black Lightning will always play second fiddle to the other lightning guy: Flash. Besides the ownership and rights issues, his name is out of date.
    I already suggested removing her from the League, but Diana is pretty redundant on a team that already has Superman and the Flash. If redundancy is an issue, Cyborg is not the only victim of it.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-15-2020 at 10:07 PM.