Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    This is true. Which was sort of poked fun at back in the bronze age (when both Hawkman and Hawkwoman ended up on the team).

I don't want Vic in the League because I don't think it serves him well, not because I don't think he serves it. Feel similarly about Ralph, who was my first contribution. Vic has much better story potential with the Titans, because of greater emotional connections. Also, because putting him on the JL furthers the notion that it's a "graduation" thing, that Titans are a junior Justice League (absolutely against what the NTT originally was). I loathe the idea that they are inferior and made up of people who just aren't worthy of the big league.
    And that's totally reasonable. I don't agree, but I get where you're coming from.

I also want Vic's friendships and Titans history to remain intact. That stuff is critical to his character. I just also want him moving to the League. Not necessarily because they're the bigger team, but because that's where the individual big name heroes go, and even if the Titans are just as big as the League (which hasn't been true in decades, but whatever) Vic wants to be one of the big names, not just part of a big team. But I get what you're putting down.

I mean, he could be a member of both teams at the same time. No real reason he couldn't do double duty. He could be the Bo Jackson of DC!
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-16-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Google doesn't get you into top secret government databases, which Cyborg is able to do.
    You don't have to justify Vic's place in the League to me man! I've wanted him there since Johns' Teen Titans. I was just being a smartass.

Written properly, Vic can do almost everything the other Leaguers can, plus a lot they can't. Written to his potential (which only happens occasionally ) he's one of the most capable, powerful beings in the DCU.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.