Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mighty Member

I started out liking Rey, but by the time TROS ended I couldn't stand her. The novel apparently makes it even worse. She went from a lonely orphan to someone who could do no wrong, and whom everyone worshipped.
    I'll never forget the ending, the proud faces of Luke and Leia smiling benevolently on Palpatine's granddaughter while not a single mention of the son and nephew who they neglected.
    I really really wish I could forget that ending. I just wish I'd never wasted my money on JJ Abrams's fan film.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The fact that TLJ is treated as a foundation for a relationship in TROS just shows how counterintuitive, inhuman, and ultimately weak the standards for the ST became by the end... and Rey declaring herself a Skywalker by those standards is pathetic.

And the main issue with the declaration is that a) it doesn’t work when Organa would work better, b) it loses a lot of dramatic power of its applied after everyone is dead, and c) the Ben relationship is a liability, not an asset, to the argument, while d) if they wanted Rey to be a Skywalker, it still, would have just worked far better to just have her be a Skywalker and admit that TLJ was a mistake.
    They wanted Rey as a Skywalker? and not by born? easy, take the phantom of Luke and make him pass a real quality time with Rey actually fulfilling the rol of mentor and father so they can bond, that's all, a real pass the torch with Luke guiding and teaching Rey as should have happened in TLJ.

Making her take the name of the grumpy old man, she never learned to respect at all, who she knew for only three days, and just gave her two quick lessons with bad attitude, has no sense and no weight.

Yes, you are right Rey Organa could have worked lot better since the only character she actually had a full conversation is Leia. But even Rey Solo could have done more sense since she actually developed some affection to Han, and is the real second name of Ben and maybe also a name shared by Leia.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Mighty Member

Unfortunately JJ is a HUGE Luke/Leia shipper, the Solos have no place in his story and he's actually stated the reason he didn't have Ben Solo as a Force ghost at the end is because it would 'detract' from The Twins.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I started out liking Rey, but by the time TROS ended I couldn't stand her. The novel apparently makes it even worse. She went from a lonely orphan to someone who could do no wrong, and whom everyone worshipped.
    I'll never forget the ending, the proud faces of Luke and Leia smiling benevolently on Palpatine's granddaughter while not a single mention of the son and nephew who they neglected.
    I really really wish I could forget that ending. I just wish I'd never wasted my money on JJ Abrams's fan film.
    They didn't neglect him. It's been established Ben while a good kid initially just couldn't handle his own power and was sent to live with Luke and be trained. Han and Leia had no idea how to deal with it and tried Luke to reign him in given he's the only one present with comparable power. Of course one thing led to the other and Luke failed to stop his turn to the dark-side and went into exile after as far as he knew, Ben killing his students.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Unfortunately JJ is a HUGE Luke/Leia shipper, the Solos have no place in his story and he's actually stated the reason he didn't have Ben Solo as a Force ghost at the end is because it would 'detract' from The Twins.
    I think it could've worked if there was a slight delay, like with Anakin in ROTJ.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth