Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    That makes me nervous about the future of the book. I'll be the first to admit that I had low expectations about the longevity of the book, not based on the character, who I love, but on Marvel's ability to actually put together the writer and art necessary to make it work. MacKay, who I was unfamiliar with beforehand, has done an excellent job and while Foreman's art has been mostly pedestrian, the various fill-ins have been above average. I think this book shows both the challenges and shortcomings that the industry faces in trying to get interest in a new book. By any measure I think this book should be top 20 at least based on the complete package and not inflated by variant covers. It's a really good book that Marvel should pushing more aggressively.
    As far as I'm aware the sales have been fairly solid as well for this kind of title. I think they would have made it digital only by now if they planned on ending it soon.

Incredible Member

I saw a CBR article a few weeks back calling Felicia a villain
    I guess being the anti-hero and love interest of Spiderman is to much to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    I guess it's a difficult distinction to make...even Beetle thinks Felicia's a Spider-Man villain .

She's kind of a villain in the current book albeit a less evil one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I know though I wish she wasn't

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it's a difficult distinction to make...even Beetle thinks Felicia's a Spider-Man villain .

I know I hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, she's definitely a criminal. I guess by that metric she is a Supervillain since she wears a costume while committing crimes, but she's far more benign than the standard.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Felicia feels more like an antihero than an outright villain...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah Felicia feels more like an antihero than an outright villain...

She was until the idiotic Slott decision to make her a villain though thankfully they are growing back on that. I'm still disappointed we've not had Felicia in a movie yet

Ultimate Member

It might be a be careful what you wish for kind of thing, given all of the how people have not liked the MJ's so far, they could do Felicia really badly in the movies if they don't do it right...

Incredible Member

It might be a be careful what you wish for kind of thing, given all of the how people have not liked the MJ's so far, they could do Felicia really badly in the movies if they don't do it right...
    Anything is better than nothing at the moment.

I actually thought the Spiderman game missed a trick by having her lie about the son. Her actually having a son and thereby 2 kids from 2 different mothers would be more interesting storywise in how he deals with that and they deal with each other. But that's just imo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she's definitely a criminal. I guess by that metric she is a Supervillain since she wears a costume while committing crimes, but she's far more benign than the standard.
    It's weird but turning her into a full fledged criminal or more Cat woman (the most common charge) than the old Felicia who most definitely was not Selina Kyle.

Considering that leaked screenplay of Silver & Black featuring a Felicia in name only, a bullet was dodged.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Considering that leaked screenplay of Silver & Black featuring a Felicia in name only, a bullet was dodged.

I still don't get how they can have either character in a non Spiderman movie without even introducing them into a Spiderman movie

https://ecairnsart.tumblr.com/

I still don't get how they can have either character in a non Spiderman movie without even introducing them into a Spiderman movie
    They did it with Venom. It more or less worked.