Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...a reasonable amount. I would say as an Iron Man fan you'll probably be happy .
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And there was even a cameo from Firepower from the Armor Wars days.
    Thanks guys. I’ll be sure to check it out. I know it was stated that he would be in the next issue as he is on the cover.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks guys. I’ll be sure to check it out. I know it was stated that he would be in the next issue as he is on the cover.
    You're welcome, and yeah, it looks like a two-part arc that starts with this issue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought it was a nice creative touch that she appealed to and challenged his ego, not as a ladies' man, but as a man of science and a self-declared futurist. The Black Cat has more tricks up her sleeve than (some) people think.
    Not sure if that was a shot at me but...anyway...Felicia has always had a good idea how to play her mark whoever it might be...

BANNED

Another excellent issue. The series seems to be getting stronger as it goes along and all the characters are getting more depth. I loved the discussion amongst them about how to get into Stark's head. Have to say though I've been preferring the issues where Foreman is not the artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Another excellent issue. The series seems to be getting stronger as it goes along and all the characters are getting more depth. I loved the discussion amongst them about how to get into Stark's head. Have to say though I've been preferring the issues where Foreman is not the artist.
    Hard same...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Not sure if that was a shot at me but...anyway...Felicia has always had a good idea how to play her mark whoever it might be...
    No, not at you. I was mostly jabbing at the idiots who don't understand the depth of Felicia's character (when written well). You're good.

Ultimate Member

Okay cool, I hate it when some people just compare her to DC's Catwoman, the two have several differences imho...

Okay cool, I hate it when some people just compare her to DC's Catwoman, the two have several differences imho...
    Same here.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, it took me a long time to realize the similarities between the two. Catwoman's gimmick was cats, while Felicia's was bad luck. And Catwoman was not an olympic level acrobatic until the 70s.

On my first trip back to the shop after the shutdown, I saw an issue of Black Cat where she teams with the daughter of the beetle. The script was very good -- and the art was a noticeable improvement over Foreman's. I think Foreman is a solid artist, but wasn't the the right choice for Black Cat. It was nice to see the artist did some research and that I actually recognized Felicia's mom from her first appearance many years ago.

I only wish that this art team has been on the book from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Honestly, it took me a long time to realize the similarities between the two. Catwoman's gimmick was cats, while Felicia's was bad luck. And Catwoman was not an olympic level acrobatic until the 70s.

On my first trip back to the shop after the shutdown, I saw an issue of Black Cat where she teams with the daughter of the beetle. The script was very good -- and the art was a noticeable improvement over Foreman's. I think Foreman is a solid artist, but wasn't the the right choice for Black Cat. It was nice to see the artist did some research and that I actually recognized Felicia's mom from her first appearance many years ago.

I only wish that this art team has been on the book from the get go.
    I think the new series has gone in on Felicia being an expert cat burglar, the theme is just a gimmick to go along with her bad luck ability, but her real thing is elaborate and complex heists that require extensive planning! Even better, Felicia is a much better leader than Selena is, Selena tends to always be a solo player, whereas Felicia actually works well leading a cohesive crew that is actually quite loyal to her because she is actually good friends with her crew and she trusts each one of them to do their part in the heist!

This book is such an excellent book because it's fun watching Felicia come up with these complex capers to obtain pieces that she needs to complete the biggest heist of her career! In a way I am not sure she even cares much about what's in the Thieves Guild Vault, Felicia wants the bragging rights of breaking into the most secure vault on the planet, the vault of the thieves guild!

I actually think Felicia is on her way to becoming one of the most popular female characters in the marvel line, and I really don't mind if they do a Black Cat movie disconnected from Spider Man, as long as they can keep the humour and fun of Felicia engaging a massive caper with a fun crew just like the comic! If Sony was smart they could easily do a series of movies of Black Cat and her team doing mission impossible level elaborate heists! They could even have her come across as an anti-hero right from the start and have someone hire Felicia to recover something that was stolen by a criminal organization or company and retrieve it!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Ultimate Member

They could also have Felicia steal something to have her only then realize that it's something really bad and we'd see that although she will steal with little to no remorse she does have her limits and won't be a party to mass death or anything like that, basically that she does have limits and that given everything she's a good person, or at least tries to be...Felicia seems a fair bit of a warmer person than Selina...

They could also have Felicia steal something to have her only then realize that it's something really bad and we'd see that although she will steal with little to no remorse she does have her limits and won't be a party to mass death or anything like that, basically that she does have limits and that given everything she's a good person, or at least tries to be...Felicia seems a fair bit of a warmer person than Selina...
    True enough, especially as shown in her reappearance in ASM by Nick Spencer that also debuted the New York chapter of the Thieves Guild, as stealing from superheroes who saved lives at the risk of their own was a bridge too far for her. Making superheroes look like idiots would be one thing, as far as I could understand it, but compromising them in ways that could get some innocent people hurt or dead or worse? No, thanks.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

As a huge, life long X-Men fan and not a fan of Spider-Man at all, this is probably my favorite Marvel book right now (and I'm absolutely loving the X line.) It is just a fun well crafted series.

Astonishing Member

Guys, do you remember the Infinity Warps, where everyone was merged with someone else? Spider-Man and Moon Knight were combined here into "Arachknight", and as consequence, many of their allies and enemies were combined too. Like Bushman and Kraven the Hunter, or Mary Jane and Marlene.

So, all things considered, who do you think it would be merged with Felicia in the Warp World? Considering she's like Catwoman, I believe the most logical choice would be Stained Glass Scarlet; as she has a Catwoman's relationship with Moon Knight, who is like Marvel's Batman. Of course, the "scarlet" part would be removed to avoid conflict with "Marley Jane Watson", who is already a redhaired. I also thought about Silver Sable, but considering it should be a merge Spider-Man/Moon Knight, I think Stained Glass Scarlet suits better. What do you think?

Ultimate Member

Felicia is a thief yeah but she's got a heart of gold and doesn't want to hurt any innocents if she can help it, perhaps Peter has rubbed off on her a little bit, though she was not that bad before they met either...