Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

https://ecairnsart.tumblr.com/

They did it with Venom. It more or less worked.
    They'd had Venom (kind of) in Spiderman 3. Plus Tom Hardy was involved so they had that star power

Ultimate Member

Yeah those two things helped a lot I'd guess, as for Felicia she could work if introduced in a non Spider-Man movie however Peter is a sizeable part of her history, or at least an important part...

Well Felicia has been in at least three Spider-Man cartoons so that could work (it was good enough to get the X-Men their first movie).

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Felicia would be considered hotter than Marilyn Monroe or however her named is spelled, sorry that black and white image got me thinking...

Carolos Gomez draws Black Cat .

Also, I would recommend against any Felicia fans picking up the Black Cat Strikes #5...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Finished "The Heist" dlc for Spider-Man PS4 and I think this particular version of Felicia is my favorite. The suit is also probably my favorite as well. I can do without the weird long ponytail though.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Finished "The Heist" dlc for Spider-Man PS4 and I think this particular version of Felicia is my favorite. The suit is also probably my favorite as well. I can do without the weird long ponytail though.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Felicia in the game (barring a few characterization chocies), and I think the costume is pretty cool.

The ponytail is more of a necessary evil because long hair is a pain to animate. I liked that the comic adaption showed her with loose hair during the flashback sequences (which is probably one of the better points for Felicia in said comic).

Ultimate Member

Yeah long hair is a messy thing for the animators to get right, I think that maybe they changed the suit so that they would get a lighter rating, remember how much flak the Batman games got with how they portrayed Catwoman and how much cleavage she was showing and such...Felicia would be almost in the same boat...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I really enjoyed Felicia in the game (barring a few characterization chocies), and I think the costume is pretty cool.

The ponytail is more of a necessary evil because long hair is a pain to animate. I liked that the comic adaption showed her with loose hair during the flashback sequences (which is probably one of the better points for Felicia in said comic).
    Agreed. Barring the crazy character choices she looks great. Still think the best voice is the actress in Spectacular Spiderman whose from BSG

I grew up with Black Cat being Spider-Man's ally, but I really don't mind the times she was used as a villain outside of the main comics since she was more of a thief than how Dan Slott portrayed her. I'm still waiting for a writer to have her and Miles cross paths again.

My favorite moments with Peter and Felicia working together are from the 1994 series, the PlayStation one game, and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe.

Marvel Action is my favorite portrayal of her as a villain since she was trying to get her father out of prison. And because she called Peter and Miles Gwen's boyfriends. I really wanted to see a scene like that in the 2017 cartoon between her, Gwen, and Anya. Just call me weird.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Agreed. Barring the crazy character choices she looks great. Still think the best voice is the actress in Spectacular Spiderman whose from BSG
    You can also hear her as Felicia in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, which I thought was a good game, but could have been better-casted when it came to Peter/Spider-Man himself. And if you wanna get into Battlestar Galactica, another actress from that --- Katee Sackhoff, a.k.a. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace --- voiced (a version of) Felicia as well in Spider-Man: Edge of Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I grew up with Black Cat being Spider-Man's ally, but I really don't mind the times she was used as a villain outside of the main comics since she was more of a thief than how Dan Slott portrayed her. I'm still waiting for a writer to have her and Miles cross paths again.

My favorite moments with Peter and Felicia working together are from the 1994 series, the PlayStation one game, and Spider-Man: Friend or Foe.

Marvel Action is my favorite portrayal of her as a villain since she was trying to get her father out of prison. And because she called Peter and Miles Gwen's boyfriends. I really wanted to see a scene like that in the 2017 cartoon between her, Gwen, and Anya. Just call me weird.
    You're not weird. That would have been a cool scene.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I'd be hesitant to see her meet Miles again because I don't think anyone wants to dredge up the Queenpin stuff again.
    Ah...fond Jennifer Hale memories .
    Yeah, if you're going to have Felicia as just a villain, at least have her act in-character like she was in Marvel Action, which was pretty true to form in terms of characterization and visuals. I mean, Felicia as a hero is pretty dependent on her relationship with Spider-Man, and you can't really do that in something like the Marvel Action book (I mean, none of the trio really have love interests in that book anyways).

She was so wasted in Marvel's Spider-Man (the cartoon). I thought her first episode showed a lot of potential, but the next time we see her she's just a small villain in a segment of the season 2 premier. Not to mention Grey Griffin just basically playing Catwoman again.

Maybe they could've done a "girls night out" episode with Gwen, Anya, and Felicia (or heck, even throw in MJ as the civilian) but it probably isn't the type of show to expect that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You can also hear her as Felicia in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, which I thought was a good game, but could have been better-casted when it came to Peter/Spider-Man himself. And if you wanna get into Battlestar Galactica, another actress from that --- Katee Sackhoff, a.k.a. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace --- voiced (a version of) Felicia as well in Spider-Man: Edge of Time.
    I think they actually took fan-submissions in that game, which...did not go as well as I would've preferred.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Yeah long hair is a messy thing for the animators to get right, I think that maybe they changed the suit so that they would get a lighter rating, remember how much flak the Batman games got with how they portrayed Catwoman and how much cleavage she was showing and such...Felicia would be almost in the same boat...
    That's probably one of the reasons but I think another main reason was so she wouldn't stand out since everyone else has some sort of high tech 'modern' suit.

Ultimate Member

But then wouldn't you want some characters to stand out, the unique ones, like Felicia, to separate her from the others, I'm sure that Felicia would and has used her looks to get what she wants, not meaning sex but getting probably male characters to stare and such before she'd knock them out and such...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then wouldn't you want some characters to stand out, the unique ones, like Felicia, to separate her from the others, I'm sure that Felicia would and has used her looks to get what she wants, not meaning sex but getting probably male characters to stare and such before she'd knock them out and such...
    Considering the weapons and tech used by everyone in the game it wouldn't make sense for Felicia not to have a high-tech suit for better protection.