Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who in blazes in the girls who appears to be a female combination of Falcon and DC's Black Lightning?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Who in blazes in the girls who appears to be a female combination of Falcon and DC's Black Lightning?
    The new Warbird, I think.

Astonishing Member

The new Warbird, I think.
    Has she appeared on another comic previously?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Has she appeared on another comic previously?
    She was teased in the last issue of the History of the Marvel Universe.

Astonishing Member

She was teased in the last issue of the History of the Marvel Universe.
    I wished it were Deathbird

For those interested, I've posted a new fanfic story featuring Black Cat in a (fairly) unique way -

Title

A Tangled Web

Summary

Reupload - Mid-way through his career as Superior Spider-Man, Doc Ock is transported to a different universe. Otto assumes the identity of a recently deceased Spider-Man becoming the uncontested champion of that world. He unexpectedly grows close with Black Cat. Meanwhile, enemies plot his downfall. And what of Peter Parker's consciousness still present deep within his mind?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13502843/1/

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The abandoned "Silver & Black" script has leaked online: https://pdfhost.io/v/5k7w4G66_SSBC032117.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    The abandoned "Silver & Black" script has leaked online: https://pdfhost.io/v/5k7w4G66_SSBC032117.pdf
    I'm not sure if I want to read this .

Huh, I did not know Christopher Yost was the one who wrote this, so that means I'll probably check this out once I have the time! I'm always glad to see him get work (especially recently with The Mandalorian and the upcoming Cowboy Bebop series)

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Huh, I did not know Christopher Yost was the one who wrote this, so that means I'll probably check this out once I have the time! I'm always glad to see him get work (especially recently with The Mandalorian and the upcoming Cowboy Bebop series)
    Fun fact: He was originally in the running to be the showrunner for Spectacular before Greg Weisman was chosen.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Fun fact: He was originally in the running to be the showrunner for Spectacular before Greg Weisman was chosen.
    Those are interesting to know. And given his time in the Spider-Verse with Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker), I'd have gladly read/watched his take on Spider-Man's mythos if he'd been given the opportunity. Curious about how he would've handled Felicia, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That would've been interesting, but I think Weisman did such a good job with that series its hard to think of anybody else handling that. Would love to see him be given the reigns of the next Spider-Man series. And he ended up doing great with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes anyway.

That would've been interesting, but I think Weisman did such a good job with that series its hard to think of anybody else handling that. Would love to see him be given the reigns of the next Spider-Man series. And he ended up doing great with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes anyway.
    Yeah, I think things worked out for the best, although I would've been interested in seeing what Yost's approach would've been to a Spidey cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are interesting to know. And given his time in the Spider-Verse with Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker), I'd have gladly read/watched his take on Spider-Man's mythos if he'd been given the opportunity. Curious about how he would've handled Felicia, though.
    Yost had had that opportunity to bring Spider-Man into Kaine's world. In addition, he had his chance to write Avenging Spider-Man while it was under Superior Spider-Man team-up. His opportunity came and went regarding Spider-Man.

It's... not good.

Felicia is a hacker and she's named Black Cat because that's her hacker pseudonym. She doesn't have luck powers, and the only reference to them is that "if you mess with her you'll get bad luck". It introduces characters left and right like Tranatula, Scorpion, Osborn, and others with no real reason beyond "keep this guys' names in mind for future movies".

I would compare it to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, introducing characters for "fan service" and a terrible attempt at world building. A scene that just seems lifted from that movie, they have a poker game with Tombstone in a bar, similarly to the one Wolverine had with Gambit, but at least that one lead to Gambit giving Logan a ride, meanwhile the scene in S&B is a completely pointless scene.

The pièce de résistance has to be the ending: Silver Sable plans to assemble a team and in a screen it lists Black Cat, Spider-Woman (Jess), Stunner (Charlotte Witter), Dusk, and Jackpot. They really learned nothing from the failures of TASM and BvS.