Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It's... not good.

Felicia is a hacker and she's named Black Cat because that's her hacker pseudonym. She doesn't have luck powers, and the only reference to them is that "if you mess with her you'll get bad luck". It introduces characters left and right like Tranatula, Scorpion, Osborn, and others with no real reason beyond "keep this guys' names in mind for future movies".

I would compare it to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, introducing characters for "fan service" and a terrible attempt at world building. A scene that just seems lifted from that movie, they have a poker game with Tombstone in a bar, similarly to the one Wolverine had with Gambit, but at least that one lead to Gambit giving Logan a ride, meanwhile the scene in S&B is a completely pointless scene.

The pièce de résistance has to be the ending: Silver Sable plans to assemble a team and in a screen it lists Black Cat, Spider-Woman (Jess), Stunner (Charlotte Witter), Dusk, and Jackpot. They really learned nothing from the failures of TASM and BvS.
    A hacker? And I'm betting she doesn't even wear a real costume...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's... not good.

Felicia is a hacker and she's named Black Cat because that's her hacker pseudonym. She doesn't have luck powers, and the only reference to them is that "if you mess with her you'll get bad luck". It introduces characters left and right like Tranatula, Scorpion, Osborn, and others with no real reason beyond "keep this guys' names in mind for future movies".

I would compare it to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, introducing characters for "fan service" and a terrible attempt at world building. A scene that just seems lifted from that movie, they have a poker game with Tombstone in a bar, similarly to the one Wolverine had with Gambit, but at least that one lead to Gambit giving Logan a ride, meanwhile the scene in S&B is a completely pointless scene.

The pièce de résistance has to be the ending: Silver Sable plans to assemble a team and in a screen it lists Black Cat, Spider-Woman (Jess), Stunner (Charlotte Witter), Dusk, and Jackpot. They really learned nothing from the failures of TASM and BvS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A hacker? And I'm betting she doesn't even wear a real costume...
    The only way I could accept Felicia as a hacker would be in the context of the aftermath of ASM2, with the Felicia introduced in that movie trying to expose Oscorp for its role in pushing Max Dillon and Harry Osborn to such desperate extremes that they became villains, intersecting with Peter/Spider-Man (offscreen) fighting Oscorp after finding out that Norman Osborn was behind his parents' deaths.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    How 2019 should've ended.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is pretty cute, actually, but a bit of a surprise (still remembers the 80s).

Felicia being a hacker is probably the best way to modernize her (what kind of thief risks leaving DNA evidence and getting caught on camera?)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Felicia being a hacker is probably the best way to modernize her (what kind of thief risks leaving DNA evidence and getting caught on camera?)
    That's kind of a given, but I don't think that necessitates making hacking an aspect of her character with more emphasis over being a thief.

Although I guess it gives her something else in common with Futaba Sakura...

That's kind of a given, but I don't think that necessitates making hacking an aspect of her character with more emphasis over being a thief.

Although I guess it gives her something else in common with Futaba Sakura...
    Sorry, I have no idea who that is.

It's one of those things that "makes sense" in reality, but is generally anti-cinematic, as well as it opens questions about certain skills she has.

To give you a example, look at Scott Lang. He is a burglar and has hacking skills and a team. By making him a burglar the movie establishes his skills and abilities to perform a heist. Sure, he requires some extra training to make him more physically capable, but by making him a famous burglar it establishes to the audience that he is someone with certain special skills and knowledge that the general population doesn't.

Compare that to this script. She's a hacker, with no physical skills beyond that. This version gives her powers through making her a cyborg, but all that physical knowledge and skills are given to her too, we assume. Instead of showing us her skills, they just tell us and goes the easy way to justify why she has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Sorry, I have no idea who that is.
    From Persona 5. Phantom Thief voiced by Erica Lindbeck .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

From Persona 5. Phantom Thief voiced by Erica Lindbeck .
    Who is also the voice of Felicia "Black Cat" Hardy in the PS4 Spider-Man game and has provided the voice of Carol Danvers in Future Avengers. I bring this up because guess who else voiced both Felicia Hardy and Carol Danvers in previous Marvel animated adaptations . . . Jennifer Hale! (90s Spider-Man for Felicia, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for Carol.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who is also the voice of Felicia "Black Cat" Hardy in the PS4 Spider-Man game and has provided the voice of Carol Danvers in Future Avengers. I bring this up because guess who else voiced both Felicia Hardy and Carol Danvers in previous Marvel animated adaptations . . . Jennifer Hale! (90s Spider-Man for Felicia, and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes for Carol.)
    And Grey Griffin...although I don't think her Felicia and Carol quite measure up to the other two (especially when her Black Cat is just her Catwoman voice).

It's one of those things that "makes sense" in reality, but is generally anti-cinematic, as well as it opens questions about certain skills she has.

To give you a example, look at Scott Lang. He is a burglar and has hacking skills and a team. By making him a burglar the movie establishes his skills and abilities to perform a heist. Sure, he requires some extra training to make him more physically capable, but by making him a famous burglar it establishes to the audience that he is someone with certain special skills and knowledge that the general population doesn't.

Compare that to this script. She's a hacker, with no physical skills beyond that. This version gives her powers through making her a cyborg, but all that physical knowledge and skills are given to her too, we assume. Instead of showing us her skills, they just tell us and goes the easy way to justify why she has them.
    The chip doesn't give her physical skills it gives her super powers. It's basically a power source like Scott's shrinking suit.

Gorgeous Felicia is gorgeous .

Ultimate Member

Felicia can look fierce and gentle at the same time, all while still looking sexy...