Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didnīt say she NEEDS to be the mutants version of Jessica Jones, also it would not work at all because thatīs the same problem she had with being compared to Jean during the 80īs . No, what I am talking about is to develop her story from her pov and develop her own pathos, just like Jessica Jones had.
    Sorry, I misinterpreted your comments about rising like Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Realistically, Lorna already has something to fight for. Serving on Genosha, followed by surviving the genocide and experiencing and reliving all that horror firsthand, followed by being considered the Queen of Mutants and Magneto's heir (even if she didn't want to be bowed to), followed by having her powers stripped from her and having a huge identity crisis because of it SHOULD mean she wants to fight for mutants and mutant rights. She should especially want to protect mutants against genocide and unwanted power loss or avenge those who've experienced those things, given her own experiences.

Marvel just chooses to pretend she's a rando nobody who's never done anything besides date Havok.
    I would agree. The motivational core is there, Marvel just slipped back into nostalgia post M-Day for eras when Lorna was written as the other Summers brothers love interest. Some writers tried to right Lorna's character, but they didn't use her Genosha pathos or really any of her identity crisis you speak of in regards to mutant rights and dealing with her current lot and wanting to avenge the fallen.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-02-2020 at 01:50 PM.