Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Magneto training Lorna on how to use her powers was one of the core reasons she was on Genosha two decades ago. But, it was told he was doing it more then it was shown.
    I think marvel can show a flashback or her learning telepathic defense from him and use that skill during a mission.

On the helmet issue I remembered another one.

Yes I remember that one but I doubt that story was canon also that time the helmet was just a symbol of the character going to the "darkside" on mutant issues, just like Lorna used it to crash her wedding and Pietro on that SOM story, not because it was an usefil anti telepaths defense thatīs why I donīt really count those times.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Emma Dumont in Comicon

Thank you Juan it would be great if the marvel brings back Emma to be Lorna on the MCU
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thatīs a beatiful image, love it, thank you

Here are some more images about the family

In Earth X (99997/ Celestial egg and Galactus vs Celestials) Marvels X 4

Scarlet Witch is and magneto

Last edited by juan678; 07-09-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Preview for Giant Size X-men: Magneto thanks to Diammandis

Quote Originally Posted by Newsarama
    The latest in Marvel's lead X-Men writer (or 'Head of X' as Marvel calls him) Jonathan Hickman's string of Giant-Size X-Men one-shots, this Magneto-centric issue is drawn by Ramon K. Perez - fresh off the recent Marvels Snapshots: Captain America.

"These Giant-Size one-shots started out as Artist Showcases — and they still are —but as they came together, a story grew between them," Marvel's X-Men group editor Jordan D. White tells Newsarama's George Marston. "Where it might at first seem like there are dive one-offs, there is actually connective tissue that will grow more apparent as we move through them… and some of the things that happen in these five one-shots will be very relevant to the larger X-story going forward.

"Magneto is a very important man on Krakoa, and anything he does should be weighed heavily," White adds.

This issue has a primary cover by Ben Oliver (who was originally solicited to draw this issue), and two variants: one by Hickman's Secret Wars partner Esad Ribic, and the other one of Marvel's quirky "On Sale Wednesday" variants.

I'm taking the "connective tissue" comment as an excuse. Past comments have involved claiming there's no room for solos while still allowing some, and implying characters that badly need oneshots can't have them while still doing this with whichever characters they like most. "Connective tissue" is just a way to sidestep calls for more oneshots with "But these all connect, therefore they're not really oneshots and you can't demand other characters getting them."

The me of 5+ years ago might have bought the excuse. The me of today, with the experiences I've had and continue to have, sees through it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

When do you believe that Magneto and the Maximoffs will meet again? When they meet, do you think Magneto will acknowledge that they aren't related?

Hard to say. It's very dependent on if Marvel intends to restore the twins as Magneto's kids, or keep them apart.

If Marvel doesn't know what they want to do in the MCU, they'll stall, which means no interaction. If they want to restore the twins, there's a decent chance the X-books will have a huge event for it (or maybe the Avengers books, but I think X-books have more pull at this exact moment in time). If Marvel wants to keep them apart, there will be some kind of altercation dealing with Wanda (and technically Pietro, but he'll get less heat cause a) he's not considered responsible for Decimation and b) he's a man in a genre that tends to treat men better) having been a "fake mutant."

What I do know is that Marvel won't have any scenes where Lorna interacts with either of them. Marvel permitted the total exclusion of Lorna from family moments in events even when they were siblings, and even in the Axis retcon when she had both that scene and Genosha as huge reasons to be involved. Add to it how Marvel's still ignoring so many other essential aspects of Lorna both for herself and as a part of X-Men history, and it's guaranteed Marvel wouldn't have them interact at all.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

20 years old

Marvel coloring book from the 80s... brokeback conquerors.