Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

False Evan Peters in Wandavision; Quicksilver2 or Mephisto

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ex...davision-role/
    Last edited by juan678; 06-01-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 06-01-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

If audiences were having difficulty keeping track of everything before, they’re really going to be lost if such a thing is in the works. I guess Quicksilver can’t help but cross between franchises as if such barriers were for lesser beings. But if Evan Peters is really joining WandaVision, does that mean he’s going to be playing an entirely different character, the XMCU QS as a nod to the movies, or actually replacing Aaron-Taylor Johnson as the definitive MCU QS? That last one is incredible problematic, as they would be replacing a Jewish actor for a non-Jewish actor to play a Jewish character as they restore said heritage to the character. That’s not okay.

And if the MCU does fold in the XMCU, and thus acknowledge the Maximoff twins as Magneto’s children, will the comics follow suit? Or is this one part of a rumor that Bleeding Cool came out with. It claimed the comics were awaiting guidance from the MCU in regards to WandaVision before moving forward with a storyline that would emphasize the family ties between the twins and Magneto. If this is confirmed by Disney itself, how quickly will the comics division undo the Axis retcon so they can finally get that synergy cash they’ve been chasing?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    If audiences were having difficulty keeping track of everything before, theyÂ’re really going to be lost if such a thing is in the works. I guess Quicksilver can’t help but cross between franchises as if such barriers were for lesser beings. But if Evan Peters is really joining WandaVision, does that mean he’s going to be playing an entirely different character, the XMCU QS as a nod to the movies, or actually replacing Aaron-Taylor Johnson as the definitive MCU QS? That last one is incredible problematic, as they would be replacing a Jewish actor for a non-Jewish actor to play a Jewish character as they restore said heritage to the character. That’s not okay.

And if the MCU does fold in the XMCU, and thus acknowledge the Maximoff twins as Magneto’s children, will the comics follow suit? Or is this one part of a rumor that Bleeding Cool came out with. It claimed the comics were awaiting guidance from the MCU in regards to WandaVision before moving forward with a storyline that would emphasize the family ties between the twins and Magneto. If this is confirmed by Disney itself, how quickly will the comics division undo the Axis retcon so they can finally get that synergy cash theyÂ’ve been chasing?
    I think Evan will either be recast in a new role as Chris Evans was, he used to be human torch for Fox before he went to become Cap America for the MCU, or given the multiverse will play a part in the nest Doctor Strange movie, he could be just Quicksilver from the Fox making a cameo along with Aaron-Taylor Johnson, there are rumors the next spidey movie will also involve other universes Spider-man. I don´t think they will replace Aaron with Evan, they are too different and people are already familiar with Aaron as the MCU Quicksilver.

5 Reasons Magneto Should Always Be A Villain (& 5 Why He's A Better Hero)

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-magneto-hero-vs-villain/
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I would hope not, and that Evans is just a quick cameo and a nod to the X-Men movies. That’s the only real fly in the ointment, besides of course Elizabeth Olsen still playing Wanda. Otherwise, it would be really amusing if the reason the Axis retcon was undone due to the MCU, the reason why it was created in the first place.

Olsen does not bother me but it´s hard for me to see her as Wanda, I don´t know she just doesn´t do it for me but I have gotten used to see her as MCU Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead
    Otherwise, it would be really amusing if the reason the Axis retcon was undone due to the MCU, the reason why it was created in the first place.
    Yes that would be quite ironic I just wonder if marvel will ever admit it or they will just made it seem like that was their plan all along
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-01-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Well, they have admitted that making fans mad is a key part of their marketing strategy and editing decisions, so why not admit that a bitter old boomer threw a fit because he couldn’t get all the money due to a deal he made willingly and ended up making billions anyway?

I don´t know, they can be quite stubborn when they put their mind to it , when all this began they swore the Axis retcon was such a good story for Wanda and Pietro, that it would free them from Magneto´s influence and be a path for better stories for them and that the fans should just let Remender tell it but reading it and Uncanny Avengers vol. 2 after, it was clear to me not even Remender liked the retcon and Bunn just ignored it on his magneto and X-men blue series Edit. so apart from Quicksilver No surrender and Wanda´s solo series, not much was done with the retcon imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-01-2020 at 08:39 PM.

It’s true, Marvel may want to be prideful and not want to be seen bending to the whims of a man who thinks women can’t headline superhero movies, especially since he’s been proven spectacularly wrong!

Remender left a backdoor with Vision finding out some secrets that would shatter Wanda, her solo spat on that and while trying to give her a new mother, still left a backdoor for Magneto to sneak in. Quicksilver’s solo paid lip service to the retcon but still depicted Magneto as being someone important to Pietro, enough to be someone his time clones attacked Max and Pietro went to save him. As a side note, I loved that Saladin Ahmed still honored Papa Django for working so hard to provide for the twins even in the face of a racist capitalist controlling everything.

I also love how everyone from fans to fandom news sites refuse to acknowledge it as canon. It’s so universally panned, it’s a wonder Marvel has been able to hold out this long.

ItÂ’s true, Marvel may want to be prideful and not want to be seen bending to the whims of a man who thinks women canÂ’t headline superhero movies, especially since heÂ’s been proven spectacularly wrong!
    Exactly I think their problem is that they think "a womans movie = boring" but in reality you can make a story with any protagonist and if it´s a good or a compelling story that makes us care for the protagonist it WILL atract people and sell, because the story itself is interesting and makes us relate to it. To think that movies sell just because a protagonist is X,Y,Z is such a short sighed pov.

Remender left a backdoor with Vision finding out some secrets that would shatter Wanda, her solo spat on that and while trying to give her a new mother, still left a backdoor for Magneto to sneak in. QuicksilverÂ’s solo paid lip service to the retcon but still depicted Magneto as being someone important to Pietro, enough to be someone his time clones attacked Max and Pietro went to save him. As a side note, I loved that Saladin Ahmed still honored Papa Django for working so hard to provide for the twins even in the face of a racist capitalist controlling everything.

Exactly it was heartwarming for me to see that the same writers that were put in there to sell the retcon still tried to involve magneto or let a window for him to come back, that´s what convinced me that the retcon could be temporal and it was mostly a studios spat over the characters rights.

I also loved both scenes, with Django because he did raise Pietro and was their papa for such a long time and of course he loves him and his time with him influenced his development as an adult and with Magneto because you could see Pietro´s pain here, he feels betrayed by Magneto, he even has twisted the facts in a way that he´s convinced magneto lied to him about being his father instead of Magneto also being a victim of a lie, I think Pietro looked like he wanted to believe this was just magneto playing him again and that they still were family and still Pietro can´t let Max die and the main reason for this being that magneto was in danger because Pietro cared for him so he was a target just like Luna and Wanda were a target.

I also love how everyone from fans to fandom news sites refuse to acknowledge it as canon. ItÂ’s so universally panned, itÂ’s a wonder Marvel has been able to hold out this long.
    Agreed, I also love this specially when they use the Nick Fury meme to let marvel know we will just ignore their retcon and it seems marvel itself has just given up trying to develop it. XD
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-01-2020 at 10:24 PM.

It stands out to me that Lorna's card has a very simple and generic font style compared to the rest of the family. Goes to show that Lorna could benefit from more cases of trying things with her font. A few fanart examples (includes one from the fan comic I commissioned).

About Evan Peters in MCU, I've always floated the idea that Wanda already had a House of M style moment before the MCU even started, but it led to splitting IPs into separate universes. In this idea, Pietro got split into two versions, one in MCU and one in Fox.

I'd further suggested that perhaps Pietro was trying to stop it from happening and managed to get physically closer to Wanda when it happened, hence the split. Could be due to the nature of her relationship with Wanda though. Also thinking on it, Pietro could be at least part of the reason for bringing MCU and Fox IPs back together, by saying the "two halves of Pietro" are trying to become whole.

Notably, the nature of this kind of split paired with MCU Pietro dying in his first and only film means family dynamics aren't and don't have to be a factor into a HoM style moment for her. It could be something else entirely. Like maybe the original version of the full Marvel universe had everyone dead from an apocalyptic full-on civil war and splitting them was her solution. Just cause an event went one way in the comics doesn't mean it's obligated to play out the same in other media.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

If audiences were having difficulty keeping track of everything before, they’re really going to be lost if such a thing is in the works. I guess Quicksilver can’t help but cross between franchises as if such barriers were for lesser beings. But if Evan Peters is really joining WandaVision, does that mean he’s going to be playing an entirely different character, the XMCU QS as a nod to the movies, or actually replacing Aaron-Taylor Johnson as the definitive MCU QS? That last one is incredible problematic, as they would be replacing a Jewish actor for a non-Jewish actor to play a Jewish character as they restore said heritage to the character. That’s not okay.
    I don't think (speaking as a Jewish person) it's the same thing as casting a character who has a consistent ethnicity or set of parents. The idea that Wanda and Pietro are Romani/Jewish representation has always seemed weak to me. The Romani aspect is just magic stereotypes, but at least it's become a bigger part of their stories recently. But neither character has ever identified as Jewish, they were just retconned into being the children of a man who was later retconned into being Jewish. How to define representation is tricky but there has to be more to it than just who their parents are.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think (speaking as a Jewish person) it's the same thing as casting a character who has a consistent ethnicity or set of parents. The idea that Wanda and Pietro are Romani/Jewish representation has always seemed weak to me. The Romani aspect is just magic stereotypes, but at least it's become a bigger part of their stories recently. But neither character has ever identified as Jewish, they were just retconned into being the children of a man who was later retconned into being Jewish. How to define representation is tricky but there has to be more to it than just who their parents are.
    During their character story Pietro and Wanda were mostly written as european inmigrants and I think given their parents and the fact Magda herself was romani they definitely self identify as romani more than anything else. Saladin did a very good job reintroducing this aspect of Pietro´s identity on Quicksilver no surrender and yes they are nominaly jewish in the sense that they were related to Magneto who´s genetically and by community jewish, it makes sense that they have never really felt part of the jewish community because their relation to magneto has never involved them being jewish, just being mutants and they have pretty bad memories of their association, there has never really been a time for Magneto to talk with them of being a Jewish specially since he himself hardly talks about it, still I think that after being mutant he self identify as Jewish because he was raised as one and lived a significant part of his life on Israel.

I agree about the criticism that from this perspective, Pietro and Wanda don´t really felt part of the jewish community because they are romani, still, I think that what teapartyofthedead liked about Taylor casting was that he as a jewish actor was representing this part of Wanda and Pietro that´s mostly ignored but is still there in the comics,at least before the retcon.

Wanda canonically is Pagan. Which clashes with her being Romani.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.