Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

House of M is also trending this morning (at least for me), all because of a wine bottle.

Which kinda says a lot when something that may just be a simple easter egg for the observant gets to trending.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Also saw someone spot Evan Peters listed as appearing in Wandavision. Whether that's really happening or just some fan randomly throwing him on the cast on a site without any real source, I don't know.

If Evan Peters does show up in Wandavision, it gives some hope for Emma Dumont returning as Lorna.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

House of M
    Thanks Juan.

An early Easter egg.

Anyway Walmart exclusive Empyre variant cover. I am still quite salty about that series bait and swatch, but nice covers.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Christopher Yost just posted several tweets on what he wanted to do with the third season of Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes if it had been renewed. It looks like the family was supposed to be a major storyline.

C945A9E1-DB23-4245-9168-F13E3A71AE96.jpg

491F09EE-8A36-4038-AD3C-B5689D093432.jpg

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Seems as if Polaris would have been excluded? That's a shame, and very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Seems as if Polaris would have been excluded? That's a shame, and very disappointing.
    Unfortunately, none of the synopsis for the episodes mentioned her. I can’t say if Lorna would have been in the episodes or not. Yost said there were no scripts ever made.

These are the last two.

24B6486B-14AC-4956-80D4-3C5DC6807AB2.jpg

1B7885EC-AD24-4938-AAE0-D18EA6523919.jpg
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 09-22-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Sorry I disrupted your flow! Didn't realize you'd be posting so much lol.

Seems like a pretty safe bet to me that Lorna would have been excluded, if they couldn't be bothered to mention her even once in any of these synopses. Not too bothered by that show not getting renewed given that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Sorry I disrupted your flow! Didn't realize you'd be posting so much lol.
    No worries, there were a lot of tweets. Half of the 26 were about the HoM. It’s too bad you can only do two pictures a post.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Seems like a pretty safe bet to me that Lorna would have been excluded, if they couldn't be bothered to mention her even once in any of these synopses. Not too bothered by that show not getting renewed given that.
    Hopefully, there will be a new cartoon one day that will do the family justice. Their popularity has only grown since then, despite the retcon.

Chris Yost did a good job on Avengers EMH and WATXM. He has so far done the best ongoing animated version of the family with his work on WATXM. My hat is off to him and I hope for the best in his future endeavors.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-22-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed I didnīt quite liked his version of Magneto but his threatment of the story and the characters in general was pretty good and it was sad to see him go before his shows were done.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I didnīt quite liked his version of Magneto but his threatment of the story and the characters in general was pretty good and it was sad to see him go before his shows were done.
    Agreed about Mags, I was too hot headed at the time about it though and regret that.

Here is to hoping the next animated series does well. If its the creators of TOS I hope they find a better way to integrate Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna into the background story. The success of WATXM was that the family relationship mattered more then a one off episode as it was a background part to the ongoing story.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed about Mags, I was too hot headed at the time about it though and regret that.
    Donīt worry I think he wanted his Magneto to be a truly grey character but he never gave him a real reason to be mean to Pietro and his final act looked more like Yost needed him to do villain things to move the story forward, like he bassically put Genosha in danger for a publicity stunt thatīs not something the character he wrote would do, he keep both Xavier and Nightcrawler safe despite them being his enemies and he protected Lorna while teaching Wanda how to be a leader and his Pietro was not better, he was just generally umpleasant without much explanation and he wasnīt even a real menace to the X-men either and for some reason still wanted to please his father despite their bad relationship but I really liked what he did with Wanda and young/adult Lorna I just wish it wasnīt at the cost of Pietro and Magneto characterization.

Still I was waiting to see his AoA and HoM version in this world.

Here is to hoping the next animated series does well. If its the creators of TOS I hope they find a better way to integrate Wanda, Pietro, and Lorna into the background story. The success of WATXM was that the family relationship mattered more then a one off episode as it was a background part to the ongoing story.
    Agreed I hope the next series is as good or even better.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-22-2020 at 07:48 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022