Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

How many tonnes of bricks do we think Marvel/Disney is going to come down on this fan film like?

Astonishing Member

One thing, do we really think that the Inhumans, whose whole thing is/was eugenics and selective breeding, didn’t go over Luna’s DNA (before and after her terrigensis) with a fine tooth comb during the Royals bouts of “the status quo is not inconveniencing us, carry on” to see if there was a risk/benefit of her developing any trace of Magneto’s power (something of an issued when you live in a pressurised metal habitat in space)

Magda and Natalya are separate characters and they both gave birth to both twins. Only YOU can imagine how that works without loopholes like alternate timelines or death/unbirth and rebirth.

Edit: P.S. what's Bova?
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    One thing, do we really think that the Inhumans, whose whole thing is/was eugenics and selective breeding, didn’t go over Luna’s DNA (before and after her terrigensis) with a fine tooth comb during the Royals bouts of “the status quo is not inconveniencing us, carry on” to see if there was a risk/benefit of her developing any trace of Magneto’s power (something of an issued when you live in a pressurised metal habitat in space)
    They depended on Reed’s assessment. Of course it was she was a normal human, and that Pietro’s mutant dna and Crystal’s Inhuman dna canceled out each other.

Since then, Luna went terrogenesis as an Inhuman regardless, and Pietro is now said to be not a mutant.

So who knows anymore.

Edit: Bova was the mid-wife who delivered Pietro and Wanda. And was the last one to see Magda alive. See works as a retired cow from the High Evolutionary.

But she was killed off before the twins recent parentage retcon. However, she was the one that verified their Magneto parentage retcon back in the 80s.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

It’s official. We need Wanda to perform a seance and get Miss Bova to answer a question or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Edit: Bova was the mid-wife who delivered Pietro and Wanda. And was the last one to see Magda alive. See works as a retired cow from the High Evolutionary.

But she was killed off before the twins recent parentage retcon. However, she was the one that verified their Magneto parentage retcon back in the 80s.
    I was mainly joking with that question, but I also sincerely did not know who Bova is, so thank you for explaining her to me!

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    1. So little is known about Magda that I think it’s easy to make her a mutant. Magneto might not have even known nor Bova.

2. Sinister has been collecting mutant dna for 100+ years.
    Thank you so much for answering my question!

And didn’t Sinister experiment on Jews during Ww2(which is something to add to the reasons why he’s really a bad person...which we all know)? Wasn’t he at Auschwitz at the time Magneto and Magda were as well? It would make sense...it could be very possible.

Before this was kind of a what if and wish that I thought would never happen. But now that I think about it more and more...it seems possible...and Hickman, IMHO, is a very good writer and has surprised me many times in the past...

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Curiosity Preview Fan Film Wanda: HOUSE OF M - SNEAK PEEK | Marvel's Avengers
    Spectrum Cinema's House of M is now in Production!
    Coming This October.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDoi_1zBJ6J/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDryZRMh1D3/

First look at Spectrum Cinema’s House of M. This film is going to be cut in 2, and released separately. It’s first release is aiming for October, and the second November/December. This film is more than bad guy vs good guy. This film doesn’t really have any antagonists, only different sides. Wanda Maximoff strives for a violence-free world after losing everyone close to her. She is vulnerable to herself and her own powers. Due to the devastation of past events, a new door opened to her strength and magical power which opens opportunities for a happier life.. and more tragedy. Without the ability to distinguish reality from her own fantasy, conflicts bigger than ever arise.
    VERY brief teaser... too much Avengers focus it sounds like... BUT I am interested. Never actually seen a fan-made CG film before
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Magneto´s life in Krakoa is good , he has tea with Lorna, he´s happy for Rogue, goes to meetings with charles, interacts with the new mutants, attends dinners with Emma, makes jokes with Scott yet there´s something missing. This image says everything about Magneto´s feelings over the twins and why he has not said anything about them, it´s sad to look at but so well done.

BY ROSI

Source:https://twitter.com/optyck/status/1295477136564850690
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-17-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Magneto´s life in Krakoa is good , he has tea with Lorna, he´s happy for Rogue, goes to meetings with charles, interacts with the new mutants, attends dinners with Emma, makes jokes with Scott yet there´s something missing. This image says everything about Magneto´s feelings over the twins and why he has not said anything about them, it´s sad to look at but so well done.

Exodus and the Acolytes: “Are we a joke to you....”

Magneto: "Yes."

When it comes to the twins, honestly you would expect Magneto interacting with them more even if they were to remain not his children. They were a big part of his first Brotherhood team after all. It's pretty clear their absence from these affairs is largely editorial/executive mandate driven rather than a matter of narrative.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well he likes Amelia Vogh and Cargill that´s something I think at some point he should have noticed them thinking of him as an almost deity was not good for them or for him and if magneto knew Exodus tried to kill Luna for being his human grandaughter, well, I guess we will get another epic fight between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salarta
    Magneto: "Yes."

When it comes to the twins, honestly you would expect Magneto interacting with them more even if they were to remain not his children. They were a big part of his first Brotherhood team after all. It's pretty clear their absence from these affairs is largely editorial/executive mandate driven rather than a matter of narrative.
    Agreed but now disney has the rights so I am not sure what will marvel do with them now. But if the MCU makes them family I can see the comics do that too.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

you should have the source since theres no water mark:

https://twitter.com/optyck/status/1295477136564850690

and second, it shows how insignificant they are to his life and that it takes an halucination to shove them into this discussion, even if they were related or mutants their relantionship is still only bitterness and abuse
    Last edited by Ferro; 08-17-2020 at 05:16 PM.

BANNED

that art has a sorta of anoying mensage that the maximoffs being left out is such a big tragedy, they were never a part of mutant issues and chose to stay out of it, the retcon picks up the dynamics that were already there and cements them.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I like it, Lucy, it’s a good find! There’s definitely a sense of Max’s grief over missing Wanda and Pietro, and I can easily believe he would try to keep such pain private, even from Charles or Lorna. Some pain hurts too much to speak of. He probably looks at their pictures every now and again, still kept safe in a box he keeps secret.