Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I didnīt say she NEEDS to be the mutants version of Jessica Jones, also it would not work at all because thatīs the same problem she had with being compared to Jean during the 80īs . No, what I am talking about is to develop her story from her pov and develop her own pathos, just like Jessica Jones had.
    Sorry, I misinterpreted your comments about rising like Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Realistically, Lorna already has something to fight for. Serving on Genosha, followed by surviving the genocide and experiencing and reliving all that horror firsthand, followed by being considered the Queen of Mutants and Magneto's heir (even if she didn't want to be bowed to), followed by having her powers stripped from her and having a huge identity crisis because of it SHOULD mean she wants to fight for mutants and mutant rights. She should especially want to protect mutants against genocide and unwanted power loss or avenge those who've experienced those things, given her own experiences.

Marvel just chooses to pretend she's a rando nobody who's never done anything besides date Havok.
    I would agree. The motivational core is there, Marvel just slipped back into nostalgia post M-Day for eras when Lorna was written as the other Summers brothers love interest. Some writers tried to right Lorna's character, but they didn't use her Genosha pathos or really any of her identity crisis you speak of in regards to mutant rights and dealing with her current lot and wanting to avenge the fallen.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-02-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Sorry, I misinterpreted your comments about rising like Jessica.
    No problem

I would agree. The motivational core is there, Marvel just slipped back into nostalgia post M-Day for eras when Lorna was written as the other Summers brothers love interest. Some writers tried to right Lorna's character, but they didn't use her Genosha pathos or really any of her identity crisis you speak of in regards to mutant rights and dealing with her current lot and wanting to avenge the fallen.
    Agreed she needs to get out of the role of love interest and develop her own thoughts about evertything that has happened, I liked to see her question Krakoaīs status quo as if is this really a dream come true? I would like to see her reaction to be back in Genosha, so thereīs opportunity for her character to retake retake those themes along with Magneto and the X-men.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Awesome art and story by SACHI EDIRIWEERA

Sachi
    @route345art
    ERIK, a four-page short comic written and drawn by me. The Marvel and X-Men fan in me just wanted to do something for #ncbd

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-08-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Great fan art comic of Magneto.

All great characters can use one line to sum them up. For Magneto its he stands up for those who can't stand up for themselves.

Great fan art comic of Magneto.

All great characters can use one line to sum them up. For Magneto its he stands up for those who can't stand up for themselves.
    Agreed that defines him very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed that defines him very well.
    Its important to have a character definition. For most of Wanda's history her overcoming the Brotherhood to become an Avengers was what defined her. Then came HoM/M-Day thru the Axis retcon and it sort of tossed the comic versions character definition into some chaos. Not as much chaos as it tossed Pietro's into though. For Lorna I know what I would like to say about her one line summary. But, generally most of her history was being written around other characters (mainly in love triangles). The most popular versions had an independent agenda and goal.

Agreed Lorna needs a character definition of her own, I think she was getting here with her work on Genosha and on Peter David X-Factor that`s why I insist one or two issues of introspection when we get to see her own pov, it can help to understand her beyond the relationships that are around her, not because she doesn`t need them but because she needs to stablish her own position about her pov on the world around her.

Wanda will always be an Avenger imo whatever her relationship with magneto is at the moment, they are her friends and have been with her for a long time and they allow her to do good in the world.

Pietro, on the other hand, just as in the movies has been misused on the Avengers a lot even since the silver age they have tried to make of him just a villain for Wanda or the vision or the Avengers, lucky for him he also got a relationship with the Inhumans, with X-Factor and the X-men he`s potentially a character that is lonely a lot but in his own way has developed more links with the bigger marvel universe just by not staying quiet in one place, but imo, he also could use a little more character definition beyond being Wanda`s sister in the Avengers imo.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 04-08-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Nice short little fan vignette of Mags

I liked it, showed his "humanity" as it were
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Last edited by jmc247; 04-11-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's incredible how durable and resilient fan interest in Emma Dumont's portrayal of Polaris remains
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The version in at least the first season was the master of her own story and let herself be defined by what she believed in and wanted to accomplish not by who she was sleeping with. The character and the actress made all sorts of headlines around the country and its major newspapers in 2017 and early 2018 because she really was provocative and different from the cookie cutter heroes and villains we have seen in much of fiction of late.

Bosslogic
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-13-2020 at 09:55 AM.

The version in at least the first season was the master of her own story and let herself be defined by what she believed in and wanted to accomplish not by who she was sleeping with. The character and the actress made all sorts of headlines around the country and its major newspapers in 2017 and early 2018 because she really was provocative and different from the cookie cutter heroes and villains we have seen in much of fiction of late.

Bosslogic
    awesome

Last edited by jmc247; 04-15-2020 at 07:37 AM.