Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    There's just too many characters, plots, teams to fit them all into a single animated series

need more than one, need original live action TV as well

The movies I really have little hope or expectation will be mature or sophisticated but ya never know we may get surprised
    The X-Men as in maybe 7-8 members and one or two antagonist teams will get real play in the animated series and the coming MCU films. My strong suspicion is all the other teams and their members are pretty much screwed.

I think there is a good shot the MCU goes with the Acolytes because Fox didn't touch them.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-22-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Maybe the possible success of the MCU shows coming to Disney+ will push them to make X-team version. X-Factor (and X-Force/Excalibur/Starjammers) could be a hit as a serial that builds on character development and therefore good for binge watching.

an x-factor series would be just too good to be true loll I cant even let my imagination go there, ill be too attached

There is going to be a plethora of Marvel stuff on streaming of various quality. X-Factor has its name already taken by a successful TV show so I suspect that option is out. As for Lorna appearing again on another TV show that would be nice and will probably happen eventually. That said my eyes are on the prize of making it into a film and I actually think there is a better then 50/50 shot of a film based on HoM. The creators of Endgame after all have set it as their asking price to return.

I went to a theater in Philadelphia for the screening of the first episode of The Gifted. It was really fun and Singer hit the episode out of the park. Too bad what happened in the second season though that happens to a lot of TV shows these days.

Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Elizabeth Olsen accidentally reveals a major plot point for WandaVision?

Color coded messages? (Red, Green and White)
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-22-2020 at 06:33 PM.

The original PAD X-Factor would be the perfect fit for a three season 12 episode series. And like you, it feels so perfect it can’t possibly happen. But I can dream, since that’s all a lot of HoM fans can do at the moment.

And wait for WandaVision. It could be the Minimoff twins showing up, but it could also be a fake out like Bryne tried to do.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 04-22-2020 at 07:28 PM.

What artists who haven’t drawn the Magnus family or haven’t in a long time do people here most want to have them take a crack at them for a commission?
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-23-2020 at 12:01 AM.

My first thought was Kevin Wanda. He seems like a House of M fan, and his art is perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    My first thought was Kevin Wanda. He seems like a House of M fan, and his art is perfection.
    He has done so though sans Lorna.

https://imgur.com/r/xmen/mraAvu4

It was the art commissioners request. More then a few 80s/90s fans refuse to accept Lorna is more then Havok’s love interest. The fact that Hasbro viewed her as unworthy of being included in their Magneto family matters box set last year shows the opinion is held by more then a few with influence.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-23-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    He has done so though sans Lorna.

https://imgur.com/r/xmen/mraAvu4

It was the art commissioners request. More then a few 80s/90s fans refuse to accept Lorna is more then Havok’s love interest. The fact that Hasbro viewed her as unworthy of being included in their Magneto family matters box set last year shows the opinion is held by more then a few with influence.
    But he’s also did another commission with Wanda and Lorna arm in arm. I’ve also seen some smashing Lorna art from him in high fashion makeovers. I don’t think he has anything against Lorna, or at least he does see her as a good character he likes to draw alongside Wanda and other favorites.

I agree it isn’t great when Lorna is left out of official family merchandise, especially now when Marvel appears to be tearing down the retcon. Older boomer fans who think H@v0k owns Lorna just because she use to sleep with him, and that should define her stories forever, will never not be gross. As I recall, they did at least mention her lineage, albeit on the back of the box she shared with a certain blond boy.

Word that Lorna is a character that exists and is a wanted and needed member of the family is going to be key moving forward as the retcon is undone, and the X-Men are introduced to the MCU. It doesn’t have to be an either or situation. No one has ever convinced me that there is a reason Lorna has to be thrown out for the twin’s benefit, or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    But he’s also did another commission with Wanda and Lorna arm in arm. I’ve also seen some smashing Lorna art from him in high fashion makeovers. I don’t think he has anything against Lorna, or at least he does see her as a good character he likes to draw alongside Wanda and other favorites.
    That is why I said it was at the art commissioner request she be left out not the artists preference. The artist made that clear when a fan asked about it.

I agree it isn’t great when Lorna is left out of official family merchandise, especially now when Marvel appears to be tearing down the retcon. Older boomer fans who think H@v0k owns Lorna just because she use to sleep with him, and that should define her stories forever, will never not be gross. As I recall, they did at least mention her lineage, albeit on the back of the box she shared with a certain blond boy.

Word that Lorna is a character that exists and is a wanted and needed member of the family is going to be key moving forward as the retcon is undone, and the X-Men are introduced to the MCU. It doesn’t have to be an either or situation. No one has ever convinced me that there is a reason Lorna has to be thrown out for the twin’s benefit, or vice versa.
    I never bought the concept that one relationship takes away from the other, but a lot of people in high places certainly have bought the idea over time and by interjecting it into their stories they set fans against each other by promoting the there can be only one message. As far as we know Lorna doesn’t even know about the Axis retcon.

I will say a lot of fans who have no dog in this hunt believe entirely Lorna will fade back into the woodwork not long after they undo Axis. I will only say it’s possible if Lorna doesn’t have some friends in high places something she had in ‘03-05. We will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-23-2020 at 10:28 AM.

That is why I said it was at the art commissioner request she be left out not the artists preference. The artist made that clear when a fan asked about it.
    Ah, my apologies. I should have read that more closely. But at least we know he’s open to Lorna as a member of the family.

I never bought the concept that one relationship takes away from the other, but a lot of people in high places certainly have bought the idea over time and by interjecting it into their stories they set fans against each other by promoting the there can be only one message. As far as we know Lorna doesn’t even know about the Axis retcon.
    As part of their ongoing policy that fan anger means sales. Does the concept of channeling the power of collective rage for their own profit sound disturbingly like dark magic? BFR, the powers that be need to take a look at the majority of fan wish lists and fan produced media like art and fic. There’s conflict, but it’s a united House of M that captured the fan’s imagination, not just one part or another.

I will say a lot of fans who have no dog in this hunt believe entirely Lorna will fade back into the woodwork not long after they undo Axis. I will only say it’s possible if Lorna doesn’t have some friends in high places something she had in ‘03-05. We will have to wait and see.
    I can’t speak for those fans, because I don’t know what criteria they based that assessment on. The writers and editors of this current regimen seem open to Lorna as Magneto’s daughter, so perhaps they will see things as we do. Certainly we have Leah Williams , who took the effort to understand Lorna, and Tini Howard tried to snatch her for the Marauders! We will have to wait and see. There’s just so much in the air, comics and RL, we really won’t know for another year. This year is lost, I’m afraid.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 04-23-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Hickman and JDW had been talking about Lorna being the character they expect to get the most attention from X-factor along with Northstar, I think this looks like they want to build up a narrative for her apart from Magneto or Havok and that´s a good thing.

I think Axis retcon will be unmade, hope that includes all the family members but it´s a more complicated matter because a crossover like this will be lead by either the avengers office or the x-men office or both and that makes the use of characters more complicated. But if the original House of M is anything to go by, there´s a possibility Lorna will be there with Magneto and the twins.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Hickman and JDW had been talking about Lorna being the character they expect to get the most attention from X-factor along with Northstar, I think this looks like they want to build up a narrative for her apart from Magneto or Havok and that´s a good thing.

I think Axis retcon will be unmade, hope that includes all the family members but it´s a more complicated matter because a crossover like this will be lead by either the avengers office or the x-men office or both and that makes the use of characters more complicated. But if the original House of M is anything to go by, there´s a possibility Lorna will be there with Magneto and the twins.
    In Scarlet Witch ongoing, they introduced her mother and other stuff. Not sure how they can re-retcon the Axis reveal at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    In Scarlet Witch ongoing, they introduced her mother and other stuff. Not sure how they can re-retcon the Axis reveal at this point.
    One of my favorite ways to resolve that is have Magda revealed as Natalya, who got lost on the Witch’s Road after leaving the twins with Bova. After all, that same comic declared the High Evolutionary as just a liar who can’t stand that the Earth is going to be inherited by mutantkind and not his pet projects.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

They didn´t reveal who their father was same with Uncanny Avengers with Vision choosing to hide this fact from Wanda, given this they there´s no need for another retcon, just say that Natalya and Magneto were the twins parents. That´s if marvel wants to keep it simple but I get the feeling they will make it more complicated that it needs to be, of course if they really want to undo the retcon at all.

There´s also this unused art from The Vision series that has Natalya and Magneto as the twins parents.

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022