Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come across like I said you did. I meant it as a bridge to my following point. We both know Wanda isn't a lost cause, and we know she should be used. Wouldn't the same apply to story ideas, given proper depiction, just like Wanda herself has a shot if she's given proper depiction?

I'm not sure I could say much else without repeating myself, so I'll just acknowledge our differences of opinion on this one and leave it at that.

This, sadly, I understand and can agree with. I have no faith in Marvel actually caring enough about Lorna to do her justice, so I'd be lying if I said Marvel in its current state could do any better for Wanda.

I actually realized and made the point on Twitter recently (and considered making a thread here for input, but hadn't decided for sure yet) that Marvel tends to treat its women like "powerful failures" and its men like "powerful victims." At least in the X-Men books anyway. Magneto and Wolverine are most known for being mistreated by humans, while Jean and Wanda are most known for losing control of their powers. Rogue's most known for losing control of her powers while kissing a boy. Lorna's recent origin story presents her as a "powerful failure" but at least she was a little girl at the time, whereas Genosha was a mix but leans more toward "powerful victim" (and notably, Marvel hasn't done anything with it since it happened... hopefully to be changed with Empyre).

Honestly, I see the AvX and similar stuff and think Marvel just saw the 90s interest in Batman fighting Superman and thought "what if we do that, but whole franchises." Culturally, people are starting to shift away from interest in those dynamics, and toward intriguing team-ups, families, etc.
    I hope they use Lorna a lot more because I really like her and think it's tragic that they don't use her enough.

People in general seem to not be into edgy, but comics overdoses on it. And Marvel seems very selective on the family thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

X-Men by Charles Vess
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I asked Gail Simone a silly question, and got a serious answer. Maybe someday this will come true.

87544400-602D-49BC-BB04-ADA57BFF4C7F.jpg

Marvel's most powerful siblings ranked

It says something about the Maximoffs that their estranged half-sister Lorna, better known as the superheroine Polaris, is generally considered to be on the same world-beating level of sheer strength as her father, Magneto, and still isn't Quicksilver's most powerful sibling. Not by a long shot.

Don't get it wrong. Both Polaris and Quicksilver are incredibly powerful in their own right. Lorna is strong enough to wreck a spaceship with her magnetic powers and has such fine control over her abilities that she can manipulate the iron in someone's body to reverse their blood flow. Pietro, better known as Quicksilver, isn't the fastest runner in the world of superhero comics, but he can still get to Mach 4 on foot and punch you a thousand times before you can blink. Wanda, on the other hand, is on a whole other level, partly because her magically augmented mutant powers are so vaguely defined as to be limitless. For a long time, the Scarlet Witch was shown to have control over probability, but she also remade the entire Marvel Universe and stripped the powers away from millions of mutants just by speaking three words ("no more mutants").

Of course, take this ranking with a grain of salt — not because these three characters aren't powerful but because they might not be siblings. Lorna was revealed to be Magneto's daughter, then wasn't, then was again, and the same has happened with the Maximoff twins through various retcons. As of this writing, Lorna is Magneto's child, while Pietro and Wanda aren't, but who knows what the next person who writes Avengers is going to reveal.

https://www.looper.com/212511/marvel...blings-ranked/
    New articles though nothing new.

In terms of the Magnus family in games while they have broudly ignored the retcon in character summaries for Wanda and her twins, Pietro, and Magneto there are not advertising them as a family which has meant no events, HoM character packs, levels, etc.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-27-2020 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

there's no coorelation here lol, its an alternate universe and i like they picked apoc, it should have been krakoa but its certaintly better than the house of M

A reminder this is a Magnus Family appreciation thread, and yes that includes the Scarlet Witch.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I posted these over on the Polaris thread.

This is by Paolo Orlandi.

Cosplay posted by ladycanary_cosplay, who cosplayed as Lorna.

Stitch by sewpinata for National Siblings Day.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

That last one is so freakin adorable! I love how the siblings lend themselves well to this sort of thing. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, its cuteness really appealed to me more than other Magnus family things I saw and considered also posting. They remind me of SNES video game sprites. I'd absolutely buy these if they were products for sale.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Last edited by juan678; 07-02-2020 at 07:44 AM.

That video reeks of we are thinking about Ultimatum for a film.

It was arguably the worst Magneto story ever told. He decided he was the God of the Old Testament. Wanda was thrown into a refrigerator to get it going, Lorna was thrown into a refrigerator to build up Scott and Alex’s man pain, Quicksilver was a nutcase who faked his own death.

Yea but the artwork looks cool. Remember the David Finch covers for second coming? That was cool too.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Cross-post

karen_xmenfan made this piece for a commission. karen_xmenfan has previously drawn Lorna (the punk-looking pic of her giving the middle finger, buzz cut green hair and spiked choker).

It was commissioned by these cosplayers.

Interest in the sisters as sisters still going strong, 6 years after the Axis forced retcon that's kept good sister stories from happening.

Topps 2020 Marvel cards.

https://i.postimg.cc/KvNKXJ5N/51-D78-DCE-92-E0-41-AB-A640-61-FB5-F6-EA128.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/W338rd1R/C0-AD5756-F48-E-471-E-944-A-45-A7-D341-E2-B5.jpg
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-22-2020 at 08:38 AM.