Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    If Magneto turns the House of M habitat into more of a political faction then the chance of them finally meeting grows yes. But, anything more then that is tough if the faction is just appearing from time to time on the core title for a couple panels.
    Well we saw Magneto meet with Mystique there on Hox but that was more like "no official" work between them and of course when Pyslocke asked him for permission to get off the island in fallen angels but thereīs a possibility for a more political talk if he could also have meetings with Exodus, the Acolytes and Lorna now that Genosha and the Island M are given a priority.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Interesting rumor about MCU making Magneto a heroic figure almost right away and allied with Avengers

We'll have to find out if that comes to pass but for sure I think a lot of fans are tired of the endless "switching" Magneto has been going through and for all intents and purposes he's been essentially a protagonist in the books for quite a while (obviously with profound ambiguities given his historical behavior)

I also definitely support Lorna and Paris interacting, and I am also skeptical about them as a romantic pairing
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Well we saw Magneto meet with Mystique there on Hox but that was more like "no official" work between them and of course when Pyslocke asked him for permission to get off the island in fallen angels but thereīs a possibility for a more political talk if he could also have meetings with Exodus, the Acolytes and Lorna now that Genosha and the Island M are given a priority.
    My assumption is they probably aren't going to meet and interact until there is a crisis within Magneto's extended allies that he isn't able to deal with for some reason.

My assumption is they probably aren't going to meet and interact until there is a crisis within Magneto's extended allies that he isn't able to deal with for some reason.
    Agreed

Happy Fatherīs day

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ey-know-things

BUILD TRUST OVER TIME.

Magneto doesn’t exactly have a great track record with his kids. His relationship with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is tenuous at best. And, the events of AXIS implied that they weren’t really his children after all. That means Lorna Dane, AKA Polaris, is Magneto’s only living child. And he’s treated her horribly in the past.

Magneto_Polaris
    From X-MEN LEGACY (2008) #255.
    In X-MEN: BLUE (2017), Magneto and Polaris tried to move past their emotional baggage and work together while guiding the teen-version X-Men team from the past (see: 2012’s ALL-NEW X-MEN). Lorna was particularly moved by the revelation that Magneto wanted her around to challenge him and keep him on the right path.

Magneto_Polaris
    From X-MEN: BLUE (2017) #10.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-21-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    One of the few times I can say some good things about Marvel.

I'm glad there's an acknowledgment that Magneto's been a bad dad to Lorna, while keeping their relationship intact and talking about it. It's a vast improvement from how Marvel would've approached this decades ago. I'm also honestly glad the pictures they used were neutral or good, as I can think of several from X-Men Blue that would've been bad.

Marvel just needs to actually stick by the underlying philosophy given here (of Lorna challenging him when he's going astray), and write Lorna as her own character both during and outside of interactions with him. What undermined that in Blue until Bunn course-corrected was repeated moments where Lorna's history was ignored in the effort to prop Magneto up. Relationships are only really good when everyone involved gets to have a meaningful voice of their own.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Last edited by jmc247; 06-21-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Holy Jeeves, that is frickin’ adorable. Is that Anya? The true forgotten Magnet child.

That is cute! And it looks like Anya from X-Men: Apocalypse especially since she had nature powers in that film.

This looks so cute and awesome , hope marvel makes more little stories about Anya even if they are flashbacks

Cute art, it’s always nice to see Luna and the House of M art is appreciated. It’s the 15th anniversary this year of the story.

Cute art, it’s always nice to see Luna and the House of M art is appreciated. It’s the 15th anniversary this year of the story.

Polaris House of m Cosplay german

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBqNxlwjxzZ/

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I love the House of M fashion. Pietro looks so dapper, and the sister’s gowns are so rich. I would love to see those costumes in live action production, it would look fantastic.