Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Magneto in full costume but without the cape is super weird to see. But I am cackling at Doom with his little crown wanting to rule the world, and Magneto looking into the camera like he’s on The Office.

The relationship between Magneto and Doom has always been interesting.

DB1FDFB5-4F62-4E50-BCE3-73FA87416277.jpg

3D8EBC4D-EAA4-4F07-9ECE-AB6E5EB5BB99.jpg

MARVEL'S MOST UNDERRATED SUPERHERO SHOW DESERVES ANOTHER CHANCE
    In a third plotline, Wolverine and the X-Men also features the best representation of Genosha ever seen on the screen (it's also one of the only). Magneto's nation for mutants is a glimmering metropolis populated by refugees from around the world — along with his children Polaris, Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver. The movie Dark Phoenix also showed us Genosha in live-action, but it was more of a shanty-town assembled from reclaimed materials, and the film only spent a few moments on the fascinating concept of a country built for mutants. Wolverine and the X-Men devotes much of its plot to the story of Genosha, exploring both the successes and pitfalls of Magneto's plan.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...el-disney-plus
    Wolverine and the X-Men review giving the series a great deal of kudos in a number of areas including its development of Genosha and the Magnus family.

It had by far the best animated depiction of Wanda and Lorna. I would say TAS had a better depiction of Pietro and certainly a better one of Magneto. TAS Wanda was so-so. TAS Lorna was weak and one note.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    That would be true. Its too bad they have done so little with the rest of the family and Doom. I liked the idea of Wanda interacting with Doom, but the attempt to foist HoM on Doom did no one any favors. Pietro and Lorna interacting with Doom would be quite interesting.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-19-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Marvel coloring book from the 80s... brokeback conquerors.
    Magneto in full costume but without the cape is super weird to see. But I am cackling at Doom with his little crown wanting to rule the world, and Magneto looking into the camera like he’s on The Office.

DB1FDFB5-4F62-4E50-BCE3-73FA87416277.jpg

3D8EBC4D-EAA4-4F07-9ECE-AB6E5EB5BB99.jpg
    Agreed I hope at some point we will get to see Hickman´s Dr Doom and Magneto. It´s like they are not that close but can work well together and even when they are adversaries there´s a mutual respect between each other. Well except that time Doom almost marries Wanda but that´s to be expected

Wolverine and the X-Men review giving the series a great deal of kudos in a number of areas including its development of Genosha and the Magnus family.

It had by far the best animated depiction of Wanda and Lorna. I would say TAS had a better depiction of Pietro and certainly a better one of Magneto. TAS Wanda was so-so. TAS Lorna was weak and one note.
    Awesome I didn´t like all of Wolverine and X-men themes but Genosha, Lorna and Wanda got a pretty good characterization, just wish Pietro and Magneto have been written just as well and to have them have a closer relationship.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-19-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I feel like Super Hero Squad has the best animated depiction of Wanda, though a weak version for Magneto and an okay one for Quicksilver. TAS certainly did better by Max, a solid one for Pietro, and an accurate but brief one for Wanda. Lorna was definitely treated like a cameo after being used for man pain for Bobby, which has a very different tone now after his coming out. I feel like WATXM kinda did okay for Lorna by default, but the innocent ingenue isn’t how I’ve ever thought of her. It’s like Evolution Wanda in how jarring it was.

That would be true. Its too bad they have done so little with the rest of the family and Doom. I liked the idea of Wanda interacting with Doom, but the attempt to foist HoM on Doom did no one any favors. Pietro and Lorna interacting with Doom would be quite interesting.
    HoM being Doom’s fault was such a poor decision. I remember Saladin Ahmed once saying he’d love to see a story with Doom, his mother, Wanda and Pietro written by a Romani writer. They have all been interacting since the twin’s early Avengers years, there’s a lot of lore to go through. I can see Lorna being so utterly unimpressed by Doom being Doom, having put up with Max and Pietro for years. Deflating his ego at just the right moment would become her personal project for the duration of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I hope at some point we will get to see Hickman´s Dr Doom and Magneto. It´s like they are not that close but can work well together and even when they are adversaries there´s a mutual respect between each other. Well except that time Doom almost marries Wanda but that´s to be expected
    Hickman probably has something already planned for their epic snark off, and it will be glorious. Children’s Crusade really didn’t do Doom any favors, especially with trying to marry Wanda when she’s amnesiac. It just never made sense. Maybe Hickman will be the one to finally clear it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Awesome I didn´t like all of Wolverine and X-men themes but Genosha, Lorna and Wanda got a pretty good characterization, just wish Pietro and Magneto have been written just as well and to have them have a closer relationship.
    I think WATXM was created at a time when people were holding Pietro and Max mostly responsible for HoM, and Children’s Crusade had just come out trying to absolve Wanda completely (but really making more of a mess). So on the show, they were depicted as being psychopaths, and almost none of their redeeming qualities. This was also done by the same crew that created Evolution, I think. That also turned Max and Pietro into a less than flattering portrayal, even if it is iconic since it was the first animated show to have them as a family from the start of their Brotherhood days. It also made Wanda into the hysterically angry out of control witch that HoM gave her a reputation for.

A show that can depict them all fairly would be water in the desert. But a new animated show would be a damn delight in these dark times. If nothing else, DC is light years ahead in their animation side.

Polaris x Doom OTP
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Polaris x Doom OTP
    And with their marriage, create a temporal spatial anomaly from the continuity convergence. Or just give Max a heart attack.

I feel like Super Hero Squad has the best animated depiction of Wanda, though a weak version for Magneto and an okay one for Quicksilver. TAS certainly did better by Max, a solid one for Pietro, and an accurate but brief one for Wanda. Lorna was definitely treated like a cameo after being used for man pain for Bobby, which has a very different tone now after his coming out. I feel like WATXM kinda did okay for Lorna by default, but the innocent ingenue isn’t how I’ve ever thought of her. It’s like Evolution Wanda in how jarring it was.
    Present day Lorna in WATXM was weak in large part because Wanda was handed Lorna's 616/HoM position on Genosha as Magneto's right hand. That meant Lorna needed a position on the island and naïve teen was all that they figured out to do. There were better ideas of course and on its own that still would have been better then TAS as she was more then a romantic interest plot device like in TAS. But, where WATXM did hit a home run with her was their future version which managed to mix ideas from Morrison and Austen.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-20-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Present day Lorna in WATXM was weak in large part because Wanda was handed Lorna's 616/HoM position on Genosha as Magneto's right hand. That meant Lorna needed a position on the island and naïve teen was all that they figured out to do. There were better ideas of course and on its own that still would have been better then TAS as she was more then a romantic interest plot device like in TAS. But, where WATXM did hit a home run with her was their future version which managed to mix ideas from Morrison and Austen.
    I did not like that they made Lorna naive and was happy when they had her be over that. Not sure why they went that direction with her. But I liked when she was fed up and angry. The helm through the boat was pretty amusing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I did not like that they made Lorna naive and was happy when they had her be over that. Not sure why they went that direction with her. But I liked when she was fed up and angry. The helm through the boat was pretty amusing.
    To differentiate her and Wanda since they were sisters.

Wanda being older and Lorna being the younger naive one.

They typically do this dynamic with sisters. Look at Medusa and Crystal when they’re adapted in media.

And with their marriage, create a temporal spatial anomaly from the continuity convergence. Or just give Max a heart attack.
    lol maybe not a heart attack but Magneto must be doing a lot of internal "Why me? what did I do to have Doom as a son in law? Think´s a little, oh that must have been it
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Polaris x Doom OTP
    Because for Doom, that worked out so well with Wanda???????

Exodus is all the bad boy (and later regrets) that Lorna needs.

He’d put her on a pedestal. Unlike Doom, who puts himself on one.

Hickman probably has something already planned for their epic snark off, and it will be glorious. Children’s Crusade really didn’t do Doom any favors, especially with trying to marry Wanda when she’s amnesiac. It just never made sense. Maybe Hickman will be the one to finally clear it all up.
    I can´t wait to see them snark each other off with Hickman´s writting, that should be epic XD

Agreed especially since he came out from left field without any motivation to do something like HoM or Decimation and even Heinberg implied he only took responsibility for it to free Wanda of it. Chton or the High Evolutionary would have made a lot more sense as the big bad behind HoM and decimation given Wanda´s story, we could still have Doom but in a supporting role.

I think WATXM was created at a time when people were holding Pietro and Max mostly responsible for HoM, and Children’s Crusade had just come out trying to absolve Wanda completely (but really making more of a mess). So on the show, they were depicted as being psychopaths, and almost none of their redeeming qualities. This was also done by the same crew that created Evolution, I think. That also turned Max and Pietro into a less than flattering portrayal, even if it is iconic since it was the first animated show to have them as a family from the start of their Brotherhood days. It also made Wanda into the hysterically angry out of control witch that HoM gave her a reputation for.
    Yes that´s why I prefer X-men TAS and while I liked a lot the world building of Wolverine and the X-men with Genosha, the mansion, X-men,Xavier, Emma, Cyclops, Wanda and Lorna but Jean, Magneto and Pietro´s characterization turned me off and Evolution just didn´t do it for me, they seemed way too different from the comics for me to care about the story.

A show that can depict them all fairly would be water in the desert. But a new animated show would be a damn delight in these dark times. If nothing else, DC is light years ahead in their animation side.

Agreed on all this
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-21-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Exodus is all the bad boy (and later regrets) that Lorna needs.
    Lorna is all the bad boy Lorna needs.

Concerning WatXM, the only reason I watched it was for Polaris. I distinctly remember that before I found out about Lorna being in it, I saw it at a local rental store, rolled my eyes and carried on because it annoyed me to see Wolverine's name put before the franchise that launched him as if he's better than the franchise. I did end up liking it once I started watching, of course.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)