Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thanks MAR420X. From X-Men #11 an Empyre tie in.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Do you think that Wanda and Magneto will have a meeting at some point in the Empyre storyline? Wanda and Pietro are both in Empyre: Avengers. Do you think the X-Men will run into the Avengers at some point?
    If it happens it will be X-Men #11 which is an Empyre tie in.

Or Empyre X-Men #3-4 which is the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    With her and Pietro on Avengers and Magneto and Lorna on X-men Empyre seems to be a good place for them to meet again
    We don't know if Lorna is in Empyre yet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-25-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

[QUOTE=jmc247;5067314]Thanks MAR420X. From X-Men #11 an Empyre tie in.

If it happens it will be X-Men #11 which is an Empyre tie in.

Or Empyre X-Men #3-4 which is the mini.

We don't know if Lorna is in Empyre yet.
    I hope she will be on X-MEN #11 or in the mini I think maybe M,Magik, Angel and Selene will do most of mission but Hickman likes continuity so Genosha and Wandaīs presence call for a Magnetoīs and Lornaīs presence on the story.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I hope they have a meeting but this is just me, itīs not a sure thing given crossovers tie ins are usually self contained while telling their story I think we will see the Avengers dealing with the cotati in New York while the X-men, Lorna and Magneto deal with the zombies and the cotati in Genosha maybe they will cross ways on the last issue but itīs way more possible that the Avengers defeat the cotati in New York and the X-men deal with their own crisis and maybe will begin to search for the reason of the zombies being given life on Genosha, or Selene and the Zombies will explain who brought them back and they will ressurect completely that will be the end. After this they could look for Wanda to ask her why she did that, but itīs very possible this happens on another story. I wish they close up this story during EMPYRE itself but I doubt it.

If they do meet again I donīt think they will talk much, they will deal with the crisis and maybe mention Axis, Genosha and Krakoa, Magneto WILL NOT BE HAPPY but he most probably will keep that to himself and maybe he will talk on her behalf with Xavier and the QC, still seeing Wanda, Pietro, Lorna and Magneto together and fighthing united wouldbe great.
    He is already not happy as of Empyre X-Men #1. The real question is why? He isn't putting together his own team for the island as yet.

As I previously said, Lorna's placement on the Empyre trade paperback cover is great and probably the best thing for her cover-wise in the past 5 years from Marvel comics. She's centrally placed, in her iconic costume, with a pose and look that catches attention. I wish that was enough for me to trust she will be in it with a good role and simply say "Hey guys, read the book," but these past 5 years have deterred me from doing so. It will take some time and good treatment of her before I regain the level of trust where I could say such things.

If Empyre turns out to have her and be good for her, then I'll certainly encourage people to buy and read it. But I need to see that first.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    He is already not happy as of Empyre X-Men #1. The real question is why? He isn't putting together his own team for the island as yet.
    Well for him Genosha + portals not working made him remember: Genosha destruction by Cassandra Nova, HoM/decimation(was on Genosha), Red Skrull putting a camp(Axis), Inhuman gas killing mutants he was protecting(X-men Blue) so of course he said the X-men needed at least one more citizen itīs a wonder he didnīt made a point of going himself my guess is that he will do it on X-men #11 to keep the cotati from killing the mutants on Krakoa and this is still before he finds out about the zombies, Wandaīs hand on it and the cotati, the zombies may even blame him for their death, he will not be having a good time at all.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Well for him Genosha + portals not working made him remember: Genosha destruction by Cassandra Nova, HoM/decimation(was on Genosha), Red Skrull putting a camp(Axis), Inhuman gas killing mutants he was protecting(X-men Blue) so of course he said the X-men needed at least one more citizen itīs a wonder he didnīt made a point of going himself my guess is that he will do it on X-men #11 to keep the cotati from killing the mutants on Krakoa and this is still before he finds out about the zombies, Wandaīs hand on it and the cotati, the zombies may even blame him for their death, he will not be having a good time at all.
    We don't know he has any idea yet Wanda has any hand in it. Though he might self-blame again a fair bit if he finds out what she did. Lorna would be an interesting wild card there in regard to her view on Wanda's actions and it might depend on if she actually touches down on the island full of walking dead.

Is the Wanda from Empyre X-Men fake? She was wearing her old costume, and Wanda currently wears her Kevin Wada costume.

Is the Wanda from Empyre X-Men fake? She was wearing her old costume, and Wanda currently wears her Kevin Wada costume.
    One thing to raise in this is the question of if Wanda was wearing the Wada costume in other comics back during the several months ago that her appearance in Empyre takes place.

The second thing is that it seems characters are willing to wear different costumes in different places under the books right now. Lorna's wearing her iconic costume in at least one upcoming event, while she'll also be wearing those team costumes in X-Factor.

It's still possible for Empyre's Wanda to be fake though. Maybe there are other signs, or that one is a sign but it's subtle enough on the face of it.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    One thing to raise in this is the question of if Wanda was wearing the Wada costume in other comics back during the several months ago that her appearance in Empyre takes place.

The second thing is that it seems characters are willing to wear different costumes in different places under the books right now. Lorna's wearing her iconic costume in at least one upcoming event, while she'll also be wearing those team costumes in X-Factor.

It's still possible for Empyre's Wanda to be fake though. Maybe there are other signs, or that one is a sign but it's subtle enough on the face of it.
    She wears the UA one in Strange Academy. She's not been back in her classic costume since AvX. This is maybe a messed up timeline, not really her, or artist mistake. Artist mistake happens a lot.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    We don't know he has any idea yet Wanda has any hand in it. Though he might self-blame again a fair bit if he finds out what she did. Lorna would be an interesting wild card there in regard to her view on Wanda's actions and it might depend on if she actually touches down on the island full of walking dead.
    Agreed it would be better if he doesnīt know it but in comics thereīs a bigger possibility of him finding out in the end and yes Lornaīs pov could bring a new perspective to the whole thing.

I thougt so at first, maybe an AU Wanda but marvel allows artists some freedom in choosing the characters clothes and Wandaīs old costume is still a more recognizable view for her than her new one. What I would like to know is what prompted her to act exactly one year before, I suppose something must have happened for her to decide to do something like this thatīs why it would be nice for the Avengers and X-men to cross ways at least once to know if it was really her or something else.

It's a shame that the Wada costume isn't more celebrated, because it's my favorite. The classic one is, classic, but it's also very dated.

Agreed its classic and still looks good but itīs also dated I personally like the variation of her wearing an armor and all the designs I have seen from Wada of her are really good. I like her current costume a lot too, just wish her pants were red mixed with pink to evoke her classic costume like the one from Alan Davis

An alternative thought: what if Wanda wore her costume from her days more heavily involved with mutants specifically for that reason?

One idea: I don't know exactly how her powers work, but maybe dressed in a way with heavy mutant associations makes the attempt easier, whether just for herself psychologically or for the magic itself.

Another idea: Maybe it's simply meant to be symbolic. She's coming to a major tragedy for mutants in an attempt to right a wrong. Wearing of her former mutant clothes adds the symbolism of having mutants in mind and wanting to do it on their behalf (especially if such clothes are in line with Krakoa expectations of fashion).

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It's a shame that the Wada costume isn't more celebrated, because it's my favorite. The classic one is, classic, but it's also very dated.
    It could be an Office thing as well, would not suprise Me.

Maybe the Avengers Office uses the Wada costume specificaly to show it is their Stories with Wanda while most anything else is free for the offices to Choose from like Wanda's UA Battle Dress in Strange Academy or the classic one recently in X-Men.

Just seems to happen more often in Outside Avegners World Books then most other times, not all but just a theory.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    An alternative thought: what if Wanda wore her costume from her days more heavily involved with mutants specifically for that reason?

One idea: I don't know exactly how her powers work, but maybe dressed in a way with heavy mutant associations makes the attempt easier, whether just for herself psychologically or for the magic itself.

Another idea: Maybe it's simply meant to be symbolic. She's coming to a major tragedy for mutants in an attempt to right a wrong. Wearing of her former mutant clothes adds the symbolism of having mutants in mind and wanting to do it on their behalf (especially if such clothes are in line with Krakoa expectations of fashion).
    Her costume has never been associated with her powers, so I don't think so.