Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnOiBTjygY

Presented by Citizen, A powerful mutant sorceress, Wanda Maximoff has been a master of the mystical arts for both the X-Men and the Avengers. With the help of her chaos magic and new friends, she goes from outcast to Avenger.

What is Marvel planing?
    not marvel, most likely an underpaid intern that got their facts from a wikipedia paragraph

Both Zaladane and Anya should return.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnOiBTjygY

Presented by Citizen, A powerful mutant sorceress, Wanda Maximoff has been a master of the mystical arts for both the X-Men and the Avengers. With the help of her chaos magic and new friends, she goes from outcast to Avenger.

What is Marvel planing?
    This video makes no mention of any ties to Magneto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    This video makes no mention of any ties to Magneto.
    Nor is she called a mutant, either. We won’t see her as a mutant or Magneto’s daughter until MCU decided to make that official. Perhaps in WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Both Zaladane and Anya should return.
    But really only after Wanda and Pietro return. Otherwise a lot of potential for all of them would be lost out of their respective return storylines. Zaladane throwing a wrench into the family by claiming she's Lorna's sister, Anya coming back as the first daughter whose death set Magneto on his path.

Among POVs, Lorna has been more open to Magneto as he has been, while my understanding of Wanda is that she's been more opposed to him. Anya would add in the "I knew him before the man you two know him as today" element.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    But really only after Wanda and Pietro return. Otherwise a lot of potential for all of them would be lost out of their respective return storylines. Zaladane throwing a wrench into the family by claiming she's Lorna's sister, Anya coming back as the first daughter whose death set Magneto on his path.

Among POVs, Lorna has been more open to Magneto as he has been, while my understanding of Wanda is that she's been more opposed to him. Anya would add in the "I knew him before the man you two know him as today" element.
    They could have those two easily without Wanda. I won't speak for Pietro's situation. He actually spent decent time on the x-side. He was improved and not wrecked or ruined by the link.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    They could have those two easily without Wanda. I won't speak for Pietro's situation. He actually spent decent time on the x-side. He was improved and not wrecked or ruined by the link.
    I disagree. Without Wanda as one of Magneto's daughters again, something is lacking for both. In the case of Anya, there is no POV of daughter opposition to who Magneto is today that includes direct, lived knowledge of his actions as well as experiences with him during that period. The most Anya could do is compare who he was to who he is right this moment, with out any in-between details. With Zaladane, not having Wanda involved means not having another sister (and if Anya's around, then powered, and even if she suddenly has powers, then lacking lived knowledge of life as it's been) for Lorna to speak with concerning Zaladane's claims. There's only so much that can be said between Lorna and the male POV of Magneto or Pietro, or between Lorna and a sister who wasn't around when things with Zaladane happened. Though between the two, I think the Anya case has more reason for Wanda to be around as a sister than the Zaladane case.

I didn't speak to the Pietro aspects this time because they weren't brought to question.

Also, my saying "Anya and Zaladane really shouldn't return til Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids again" doesn't mean Wanda and Pietro need to be brought back immediately. While I'd personally like them back together ASAP, I also respect if the two require better treatment for a while apart from the family before being brought back into it. In saying that, I'm following the notion that the relationship has been bad for them only because I think that kind of judgment is best left to dedicated fans of those characters.

Anya and Zaladane can wait until then, however long it takes.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I disagree. Without Wanda as one of Magneto's daughters again, something is lacking for both. In the case of Anya, there is no POV of daughter opposition to who Magneto is today that includes direct, lived knowledge of his actions as well as experiences with him during that period. The most Anya could do is compare who he was to who he is right this moment, with out any in-between details. With Zaladane, not having Wanda involved means not having another sister (and if Anya's around, then powered, and even if she suddenly has powers, then lacking lived knowledge of life as it's been) for Lorna to speak with concerning Zaladane's claims. There's only so much that can be said between Lorna and the male POV of Magneto or Pietro, or between Lorna and a sister who wasn't around when things with Zaladane happened. Though between the two, I think the Anya case has more reason for Wanda to be around as a sister than the Zaladane case.

I didn't speak to the Pietro aspects this time because they weren't brought to question.

Also, my saying "Anya and Zaladane really shouldn't return til Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids again" doesn't mean Wanda and Pietro need to be brought back immediately. While I'd personally like them back together ASAP, I also respect if the two require better treatment for a while apart from the family before being brought back into it. In saying that, I'm following the notion that the relationship has been bad for them only because I think that kind of judgment is best left to dedicated fans of those characters.

Anya and Zaladane can wait until then, however long it takes.
    There isn't anything lacking for Wanda because they never really bothered with it but on a very rare occasion and it'll stay like that as long as two different offices handle both sides of the books. Wanda has been cemented on the A side of things. While Pietro carved out a better identity on the x-side.

Wanda never knew Anya. Anya died before Wanda was born.

I just realized that these hadn't been cross-posted to here which was kind of an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The second issue of X-Factor is a testimony to how helpful more dialogue like the old days can be for trying to develop characters and give a sense of meat on their metaphorical bones.

The line between Lorna and Rachel-Northstar on razing Mojo’s base to the ground as the preferable way of dealing with the problem felt like Lorna. That is all I have to say about the issue.

I saw the Polaris storyboard and played her for her introductory arc on Puzzle Quest. As I suspected their summary was a poor way of saying she is a character that is going to fight for and against the X-Men. But, the actual news is the characters above in the event storyboard for the characters history which will include Wanda and Pietro.
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    And now that I'm typing and thinking about it, this is the first game from Marvel that actually explicitly acknowledged:

• Lorna is one of Magneto's daughters
    • The twins are her (half-)siblings.

Anyway as I write this, the event to introduce Lorna to Marvel Puzzle Quest is already over. But she's there to acquire in ways if you play. Maybe the event will return some day, too. I don't know how Puzzle Quest operates but it would seem like a bit of a waste to only do this once.
    Last edited by salarta; 09-04-2020 at 02:06 PM.

bikenesmith (who I had commissioned for the Lorna x Jean wedding piece and Polarises of Color one) recently did this piece of Wanda x Jean for another person. Jean is certainly playing the field!

WandaVision: Reality Comes Apart in Disney+ Series' First Trailer
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-trailer-disney-plus/

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Awesome trailer It looks really good
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

My Honest retcon for Magneto and his children would be , and yes it's messy

1. Magneto and Magda had a Human daughter Anya
    2. Magneto had an affair with Natalya Maximoff
    3. Natalya hid her pregnancy due to not having a husband
    4. When Magda ran into the forest she ran into Natalya who was about to give birth and on her way to Bovo.
    5. Magda / Natalya did not know of each other. Magda helps Natalya to Bovo's.
    6. Magda lets Natalya use her identity because she is married and wishes to hide from Magneto
    6. Magda continued on before being captured by Black Widow Ops Program
    7. Natalya died in childbirth as Magda and coincidentally Bovo gave her children to her brother.
    8. Quicksilver is a mutant and Scarlet Witch is a mortal witch.
    9. Magda becomes The Scarlet Widow , a deadly mutant assassin
    10. Magneto and Suzanna have an affair that results in the birth of Polaris
    11. Sometime before the creation of The OG Brotherhood , Magneto and Magda reunite

So I have either two theories of what happened next

1. Magneto is forced to kill to kill Magda

2. They have a one night stand in which Magda leaves him again , A few months later she finds out she is pregnant with twins Speed and Wiccan , who she gives up for adoption because their mutants.

I borrowed a lot from the Ultimate Magda.

I never really liked how they just made Speed and Wiccan , Scarlet Witches real from imaginary ghost children a thing But I would say that may be the hardest retcon.

House of M

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

House of M
    Good catch, Juan! According to google translate, maison du mépris means ‘house of contempt’.