Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Parents can love more than one child, and Max went from having three children and three grandchildren (most descended from his beloved wife), to one child born from an affair he only admitted to after Lorna forced his hand and even now admits he knows nothing about. Max has always wanted the twins at his side since the brotherhood days before they knew they were related, and that desire has clearly never gone away.

I would say his aggression was less about hating Wanda, and more to do with his inability to answer how he would want. He loves her, but he can’t take an official stance in defense of her without drawing heat from the QC. I’m looking forward to how Ewing handles this, as he seems to have a soft spot for the Maximoff and Minimoff twins (Avengers No Surrender, and now Empyre).

Given some people may not want to give Bleeding Cool the clicks, here is an archived version of the post.

https://archive.is/zUKkO

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    he's not their father tho? he has lorna and he's a father figure to other mutants, it felt to me like he was simply aknowledging the complicated nature of wanda but his expression became far more agressive when the embassador said it was a "shame" they didnt see wanda the same way teddy does
    According to Marvel's retcon fueled by fighting with Fox over film rights, he's not their father. There's a large contingent of fandom (I only refrain from saying majority cause there's no way to talk to everyone to confirm) that sees that and completely disregards the retcon, including myself. As far as I'm concerned, they're all still a family. Marvel just refuses to acknowledge it, same as how they refuse to acknowledge Lorna was part of Genosha and is a survivor of its genocide. Company's word has less and less authority as they become less reliable than fans themselves and clearly aren't even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Parents can love more than one child, and Max went from having three children and three grandchildren (most descended from his beloved wife), to one child born from an affair he only admitted to after Lorna forced his hand and even now admits he knows nothing about. Max has always wanted the twins at his side since the brotherhood days before they knew they were related, and that desire has clearly never gone away.

I would say his aggression was less about hating Wanda, and more to do with his inability to answer how he would want. He loves her, but he can’t take an official stance in defense of her without drawing heat from the QC. I’m looking forward to how Ewing handles this, as he seems to have a soft spot for the Maximoff and Minimoff twins (Avengers No Surrender, and now Empyre).
    This has me imagining a scenario where Lorna actually paves the way, as someone younger and more willing to challenge things (and also not privy to whatever's going on with Moira).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

This has me imagining a scenario where Lorna actually paves the way, as someone younger and more willing to challenge things (and also not privy to whatever's going on with Moira).
    Lorna, unlike Magneto, can and will say what is on her mind, and has the benefit of not being an official who would have to uphold current state policy in regards to Wanda. We will have to see if Ewing brings Lorna on.

Fantastic Member

I think its a case of Wanda being used as a plot device yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think its a case of Wanda being used as a plot device yet again.
    I hope not, but I admit there is that possibility. She really needs a champion on the x-line, the way Zub is for her on the Avengers. I understand Tini Howard is fond of her.

Incredible Member

Given some people may not want to give Bleeding Cool the clicks, here is an archived version of the post.
    Do you also post pirated comic books in full?

I definitely agree with the bold text.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    calling her a pretender is a fact and she deserves said hatred
    Pretender is a dumb word since she never actively tried to pass as a mutant or that crap.
    Really, she didn't really know and probably don't care, and said hatred is fine and all, X-Men need their hate boner I understand, just keep it to themselves and respect characters from other franchises, and cut some of those entitlement, better for all of us really.

Extraordinary Member

I hope not, but I admit there is that possibility. She really needs a champion on the x-line, the way Zub is for her on the Avengers. I understand Tini Howard is fond of her.
    Why really? She doesn't even need to be on X-line, having a champion or not only fulfills some none-existent dreams of family harmony.
    To simply put it, X-franchise can milk the fuck out of that hate boner or something, but Wanda, the actual character, needs to stay out of all that.

BANNED

she's an avenger character, she needs a champion over there not on the x-office, AND from my understanding its beyond rough, the x-men dont need to see her as a character because she IS a plot device conected to nearly 8 years of comic continuity, and thats far more relevant and important than whatever else she is.
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-10-2020 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Why really? She doesn't even need to be on X-line, having a champion or not only fulfills some none-existent dreams of family harmony.
    To simply put it, X-franchise can milk the fuck out of that hate boner or something, but Wanda, the actual character, needs to stay out of all that.
    I'd say she needs a champion on the X-Men books.

Champion doesn't have to just mean "person who wants to use her" though. Champion has to mean someone that cares about her for herself and wants to do good things for her. Someone who's looked at her history, cares about it, wants to work with it and wants to fix past mistreatment. And, this is vital - cares about her enough to know when and where NOT to use her.

I'm applying the same criteria here as I do for Polaris. There's a huge gulf between "person who uses the character because they love and respect that character" and "person who uses the character cause that character can be exploited to benefit other characters." Seen that most of the time for Lorna since 2017. Wouldn't want that happening to Wanda any more than to Lorna.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

I'd say she needs a champion on the X-Men books.

Champion doesn't have to just mean "person who wants to use her" though. Champion has to mean someone that cares about her for herself and wants to do good things for her. Someone who's looked at her history, cares about it, wants to work with it and wants to fix past mistreatment. And, this is vital - cares about her enough to know when and where NOT to use her.

I'm applying the same criteria here as I do for Polaris. There's a huge gulf between "person who uses the character because they love and respect that character" and "person who uses the character cause that character can be exploited to benefit other characters." Seen that most of the time for Lorna since 2017. Wouldn't want that happening to Wanda any more than to Lorna.
    Wanda needs a champion on the Avengers, but not the X-books. It's healthier for everyone if she just stays out of those books. But that won't happen. She'll instead just get mentioned occasionally or something else that just reinforces the boogey man thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the issue and I agree teapartyofthedead and Salarta, Magneto has complex feelings over the issue but will not talk about them openly, the issue left me with the impression Johana expected him to have a different oppinion given his previous relationship with Wanda and was dissapointed Magneto didn´t really want to talk about the issue at all so this will be a subplot in the series in the near future. My guess is that Magneto is of the oppinion that they are not related but still feels a connection with them and this clashes with the reality of ruling Krakoa and still having thousand of depowered mutants hence the conflict inside himself

I think Ewing likes Wanda a lot given his work on Avengers No surrender where he wrote her really well and on Empyre so I see him getting ready to tackle the status of the relationship between Magneto, Wanda, Pietro, Billy and Teddy and I think it´s neccesary, this has been the elephant in the room for 4 years already, a little post retcon resolution is neccesary imo hopefully he will also remember Speed. I think he will do this with nuance without making them be the boogey man, he´s just addresing what Hickman is currently doing over on the X-men.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda needs a champion on the Avengers, but not the X-books. It's healthier for everyone if she just stays out of those books. But that won't happen. She'll instead just get mentioned occasionally or something else that just reinforces the boogey man thing.
    Just to clarify/reiterate: my POV is that a champion for her on the X-Men books doesn't necessarily mean she gets used on the X-Men books. It can just as well mean that champion saying not to use her there, if appropriate.

Not having a champion for her on the X-Men books, in my estimation, just means a higher chance of her being treated poorly. Lack of a champion means a writer or editor eager to exploit the character has no voice within their office either dissenting against the use, or ensuring better treatment if unavoidable.

By comparison, I've argued for Lorna not being used by the X-books with their current attitude toward her since I think she's better off left alone until future people work there that have more respect for her and what she offers. If it were my ideal scenario, of course I'd want Lorna all over the place. But given how poorly they treat her, she's better off not being used in X-Men comics as they're being run today. Lorna has no champion for her working on the X-books and it shows. Ironically, the recent Deadpool issue involving X-Men is the best treatment she's had since 2015. My only Marvel comics purchase since late 2018.