Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Magneto just mentioned Wanda's name for the first time since 2014. He clearly doesn't care about her.
    6 years, lets hope for 10 next!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Magneto just mentioned Wanda's name for the first time since 2014. He clearly doesn't care about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    6 years, lets hope for 10 next!
    It's less "Magneto doesn't care about her" and far more "Marvel doesn't want to have them interacting or acknowledging each other because doing so would re-raise that the Magnus family should exist."

I don't attribute corporate/editorial obstruction to the characters themselves.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think he cares too much but he doesnīt have people to talk with about his feelings over the twins even AU Storm had to force him to talk a little about it. Now in Krakoaīs era it seems heīs making a priority of the decimated mutants but that doesnīt mean he doesnīt care about her or Pietro, I think Ewing will go on to make the character confront this situation head on on SWORD and itīs about time.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ne...me-easter-egg/

If it is the high evolutionary, wanda and pietro will never be mutants again.
    May the mcu put the final nail in the coffin.

#bringbackanya2021
    Yeah, Anya would serve much better as the emotional outlet for Magneto. At least they freaking belong in the same franchise.

BANNED

yeah I don't care about lame alternate universe that ignores lorna, the house of m is erik and lorna, more members that can be added could be joseph and anya.
    Not two avengers that can't even get panel time on their own franchises.

Incredible Member

While I don't care about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, given that Magneto and Polaris' relationship has gotten much needed development since the Avengers' trash was thrown out... I do feel bad that Luna's destiny is to marry her lame duck cousin like the rest of her incest filled Inhuman family.

I would love to see Joseph and Anya back and I agree that would be easier given they are part of the X-side, I just disagree the relationship between the twins and Magneto is meaningless, itīs meaning and even with the retcon Ewing just showed us itīs still relevant and can bring stories, I think the different editorials just need to make peace and agreed on a common strategy while using the characters so we can avoid them being badly used again, especially in Wandaīs case.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

If the relationship between Magneto and the Maximoff twins were meaningless, it wouldn’t draw countless publications speculating when they will finally be a family again, on screen together, or even mention each other. Fans wouldn’t be constantly creating fan art, cosplay, or buying merchandise like that family pack they put out last year. If it were meaningless, the writers would not be bothering with it at all. But as we can see, fans dress up as the family and buy the toy packs, while the writers are setting up for a long awaited reunion.

Lorna will be fine if the twins come back unless you think she’ll disappear into the ether the second Magneto sees Pietro and Wanda.

BANNED

Again, popularity doesnt equate quality, especially when said popularity is based on headcanon and visual splendor, not in any actual canon content to back it up.

Wanda won't be a mutant unless the mcu version is, and the fact there's already a high evolutionary hint on the trailer and references to witches it will probably follow the retcon, and it's time to accept that.
    7 years have passed, the x-office clearly wants wanda as a political enemy to mutants and darkhold mini is rooted on avenger's.
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-11-2020 at 12:41 PM.

The main problem with this whole redeem Wanda narrative that I see people wanting is the fact that Wanda has always been an ashamed of being a mutant because of her daddy issues with Magneto. Running around with humans all the time just trying to act like she is one of them while demonizing mutants.

Her whole thing about bringing mutants back isn't about truly helping mutants is all about trying to make herself feel like a better person. Her being called the pretender is imo a double meaning. 1st Being she isn't a mutant the 2nd being her pretending to live her life as if she wasn't a mutant or that it didn't matter (while mutants were being hunted down)

Except for the decades of publication history since the first year they made an appearance in the 60 until five years ago in Axis. There is a great deal of canon, from Magneto saving their lives up as children, trying to get them back from the Avengers, to meeting Luna, and then Billy and Tommy. So many events and crossovers, like Blood Ties, Fatal Attractions, showing up together in No More Humans despite their differences, and yes, House of M and Children’s Crusader. The House of M was a huge focus for the Avengers and X-Men line that it basically consumed Remender’s run on Uncanny Avengers.

But go off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Except for the decades of publication history since the first year they made an appearance in the 60 until five years ago in Axis. There is a great deal of canon, from Magneto saving their lives up as children, trying to get them back from the Avengers, to meeting Luna, and then Billy and Tommy. So many events and crossovers, like Blood Ties, Fatal Attractions, showing up together in No More Humans despite their differences, and yes, House of M and Children’s Crusader. The House of M was a huge focus for the Avengers and X-Men line that it basically consumed Remender’s run on Uncanny Avengers.

But go off.
    I did say popularity doesnt equal quality, same goes for quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The main problem with this whole redeem Wanda narrative that I see people wanting is the fact that Wanda has always been an ashamed of being a mutant because of her daddy issues with Magneto. Running around with humans all the time just trying to act like she is one of them while demonizing mutants.

Her whole thing about bringing mutants back isn't about truly helping mutants is all about trying to make herself feel like a better person. Her being called the pretender is imo a double meaning. 1st Being she isn't a mutant the 2nd being her pretending to live her life as if she wasn't a mutant or that it didn't matter (while mutants were being hunted down)
    Wanda’s first introduction was her being chased by a mob for being a mutant, she was captured by sentinels for being one, her house in the suburbs of New Jersey was burned down for being a mutant. She has suffered for being a mutant. She was never ashamed of being a mutant, and only started to be ashamed of being Magneto’s daughter after he threw an EMP at the planet, causing god knows how many deaths when ventilators didn’t work.

Being ashamed of being a mutant was a Bendis creation, which Remender then made worse with his stance on respectability politics. Until then, she thought she was doing what Xavier would have her do: be a visible mutant on a team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, while opposing her father the way the X-Men did between the 90s until 2005. Then Bendis happened.

Her being called a Pretender is ridiculous, because it was Magneto who told her she was a mutant and then later told her she was his daughter.

Wanda is not a self hating mutant, before HoM her main problem was Magneto, in her early appareances she had some persecution herself for being a mutant while she sometimes talked in behalf of the X-men to the Avengers and the persecution they and most mutants endured. She keep the pov of mutants and humans just being people, similar to the one Brand is keeping on SWORD,it was only after Bendis decided to use her character to decimate mutants because editorial wanted to take them off things between her and the X-men went bad and later issues marvel didnīt do her any favors, trying to make it seem like it was the X-men fault for not fogiving Wanda when the story wasnīt tackled in a balanced way by marvel itself in part because of studio politics.

So yes I can see Wandaīs situation was the result of bad communication between editorial and it will not be solved any other way imo.

Also I donīt think itīs fair to blame Magneto for the whole retcon issue, after all Remender did made sure to explain Magneto was not aware of them not being his children so in this instance heīs as much a victim as the twins thinking they were related.

Remender even left an out in the cause marvel wanted to end the retcon, with Vision keeping information to himself about Wandaīs parentage and Evolutionary lying about them being natural children of the maximoffs

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-11-2020 at 01:26 PM.

BANNED

characters change, at the moment she is very much a pretender and had a horrid atittude towards mutants when she belived she was one and Eriks relative (she was happy when that was proven otherwise), and doesnt deserve anymore than what she gets atm