Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She was a mutant from 1963-2014. It looks like she will go back to status quo, and I bet this order is from Feige himself. There’s a lot the MCU can do with the twins as Magneto’s children.

Marvel is a different place thanks to the MCU, which took Z lost Guardians of the Galaxy and made them into a major movie franchise.

Even the Avengers in the 90s sold way behind X-Men and Spider Man. They were either B or C list and look at them now.

I think it’s no coincidence that Wanda appears in the X-Men just as WandaVision comes out.
    the series debuts on january and she doesnt even have a one-shot, usa agent will show up more than her in january, the mcu doesnt really factor here

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She was a mutant from 1963-2014. It looks like she will go back to status quo, and I bet this order is from Feige himself. There’s a lot the MCU can do with the twins as Magneto’s children.

Marvel is a different place thanks to the MCU, which took Z lost Guardians of the Galaxy and made them into a major movie franchise.

Even the Avengers in the 90s sold way behind X-Men and Spider Man. They were either B or C list and look at them now.

I think it’s no coincidence that Wanda appears in the X-Men just as WandaVision comes out.
    You mean her getting dumped upon in X-books before a show that is supposed to bring relevance and popularity to her?
    Some real synergy here. Just separate them and be over with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    You mean her getting dumped upon in X-books before a show that is supposed to bring relevance and popularity to her?
    Some real synergy here. Just separate them and be over with it.
    it's beyond strange brevoot or whoever heads the avengers editorial just lets so many characters just hang around in limbo.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Marvel is just waiting to see what the MCU does with her before making new plans, because synergy and also Aaroon probably just wants to use the characters he´s already using,namor, wolverine and the phoenix force. Once his run is done I guess we will see a new formation and different characters for the Avengers. Given the number of characters the Avenges has it would be good for them to keep Bendis system of having two big groups, one with the classic characters and one with the more new characters, with complementary missions.

One thing I can say is that not only Feige but the Russo brothers and Olsen already said they were interested in doing something similar to HoM but that first they have to "earn it" maybe meaning they need to introduce the characters that participate on it, we know the MCU always changes the stories so my guess is that their version of HoM will be way different to the one in the comics. Still this also means there´s a big possibility Wanda and Pietro will be Magneto´s children again, at least on the MCU but first they have to introduce him and the X-men.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-23-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Marvel is just waiting to see what the MCU does with her before making new plans, because synergy and also Aaroon probably just wants to use the characters he´s already using,namor, wolverine and the phoenix force. Once his run is done I guess we will see a new formation and different characters for the Avengers. Given the number of characters the Avenges has it would be good for them to keep Bendis system of having two big groups, one with the classic characters and one with the more new characters, with complementary missions.

One thing I can say is that not only Feige but the Russo brothers and Olsan already said they were interested in doing something similar to HoM but that first they have to "earn it" maybe meaning they need to introduce the characters that participate on it, we know the MCU always changes the stories so my guess is that their version of HoM will be way different to the one in the comics. Still this also means there´s a big possibility Wanda and Pietro will be Magneto´s children again, at least on the MCU but first they have to introduce him and the X-men.
    there's a possibility for anything, doesn't make it likely.
    They probably wont introduce mutants in wandavision, at best earliest in eternals, but it's clear their main intention is to set up dr strange 2

Yes Dr Strange is the priority, I also hope they introduce the mutants on Eternals but who knows when that movie is going to be out so my guess is that they will give some clues about mutants on The Falcon and the Winter soldier series and on Black Panther, there are rumors about Wolverine and Storm being on them.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Extraordinary Member

I sort of buy the theory that Wanda is being set up to get killed off, since Hickman's terrible Empyre mini ended by saying outright that Wanda can't live with herself and "won't" live with herself. And yet I almost feel like even that would be giving her more importance than Marvel seems to want to give her now. Plus Vision isn't being used either, and that's not because he's being set up to be in an X-Men story; Marvel just won't use him despite the TV series.

Sometimes movie synergy doesn't really help a character because instead of being used, Marvel just waits around to see how the MCU will use them and then copies that.

Mostly though it seems like Marvel decided some time ago that there should only be one Avengers team and it should be an all-star team. I understand the publishing logic because the Avengers, unlike the X-Men, are really not popular enough to support a whole line of books. But as long as Marvel sticks to this policy, Wanda, Vision and many other characters will be in limbo because there's nowhere for them to go.

I just think it´s Aaron, he also had some troubles with fans on the X-men because during his run most characters took a second place while Wolverine took center stage and began the troubles with Cyclps that ended on "Schism" and "AvX" so imo, maybe he just wants to use some Avengers and Brevroot is waiting to prepare new titles that have synergy with the MCU.

At least Wanda will have an issue dedicated to her on the Strange title but I really hope she talks more with Strange and her boyfriend, I don´t even know if they are still a couple or not.

Why bother to kill her off when she is functionally dead anyway? They killed her off in UA after she created a planet for mutants. It's less energy for them to just not use her and Vision.

We might not be able to count on movie synergy for her return. It was during Cap's prime in the MCU that they turned him into a Nazi.

I don't get why there's very few Avengers books. They sell moderately well. But Marvel since about 2012 has been about pushing weird obscure stuff and not generally popular stuff. And usually trying to force people to like whatever they are pushing the hardest then.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They may want to experiment with new things so they can say not everything is about the MCU for marvel and who knows maybe some of those stories will be liked by the fans, Hickman´s X-men would not happen without the X-office trying to experiment with the concept imo maybe a closer work relationship inside each franchise and more creator oriented work will be good for the Avengers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They may want to experiment with new things so they can say not everything is about the MCU for marvel and who knows maybe some of those stories will be liked by the fans, Hickman´s X-men would not happen without the X-office trying to experiment with the concept imo maybe a closer work relationship inside each franchise and more creator oriented work will be good for the Avengers too.
    That might be it but I doubt it. I think they are trying to diversify, but not because of the movies. It's not really the variety that is bad. It's how they try to push it but keep other things dying. Avengers now are sacrificed for current flavors of the month. But before it was X-Men in favor of Inhumans and what not. Some of it had to with movie contracts. But some of that even started happening before the movies were popular. So while I feel it can be a factor sometimes, I think it's just mostly the comics division's love for throwing things against the wall to see if they stick.

It just sucks to be a fan of longtime teams or characters when they sacrifice them for fotm.

Posted this on the Lorna thread.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    New awesome bikenesmith piece of Lorna and Wanda.

It came with this fun bit.

“IM the older sister so im giving YOU a piggyback ride”
    “im literally almost a foot taller than you”

Aside from that. I'm only open to a return of Anya after Wanda and Pietro are Magneto's kids again. The family should be together. If Anya's return would be part of an excuse to keep them apart, then she shouldn't come back.

But if the family's whole, Marvel may as well go for a Captain Planet vibe. Lorna's earth, Wanda's fire, Pietro's wind, and Magneto's OBVIOUSLY heart *waits for laughter to subside* so that leaves water for Anya.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I sort of buy the theory that Wanda is being set up to get killed off, since Hickman's terrible Empyre mini ended by saying outright that Wanda can't live with herself and "won't" live with herself. And yet I almost feel like even that would be giving her more importance than Marvel seems to want to give her now. Plus Vision isn't being used either, and that's not because he's being set up to be in an X-Men story; Marvel just won't use him despite the TV series.

Sometimes movie synergy doesn't really help a character because instead of being used, Marvel just waits around to see how the MCU will use them and then copies that.

Mostly though it seems like Marvel decided some time ago that there should only be one Avengers team and it should be an all-star team. I understand the publishing logic because the Avengers, unlike the X-Men, are really not popular enough to support a whole line of books. But as long as Marvel sticks to this policy, Wanda, Vision and many other characters will be in limbo because there's nowhere for them to go.
    the "cant live with it" isnt necessarly that she will die, it means she cannot live with her actions so she will continue trying ways to fix it instead of moving forward.

And the x-men books currently have a very strong direction and are somewhat repeating former concepts people were already attached to and gave them a shake up, hence the consistent success we are witnessing.

The rest of marvel is just not consistent, like i loved agents of atlas recently and they deserve a proper ongoing, not just constant minis, sometimes stuff needs time to breathe.

Also concepts can be attempted more than once, like how dc brought back justice league dark and it has been doing phenomenaly! there needs more avengers teams, at least one more

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the "cant live with it" isnt necessarly that she will die, it means she cannot live with her actions so she will continue trying ways to fix it instead of moving forward.
    Right, it was ambiguous, but the caption said that she can't live with it and also that she won't live with it. Which could mean that she will try something new to fix it, but also could mean that she literally won't live. Like a lot of Hickman's hints it could mean almost anything depending on where Marvel wants to go in a year or two. But I can see why people find it ominous, especially since Jim Zub has said that he keeps pitching Wanda stories to the Avengers office and getting shot down.

The rest of marvel is just not consistent, like i loved agents of atlas recently and they deserve a proper ongoing, not just constant minis, sometimes stuff needs time to breathe.
    There was a period where Marvel was doing unusual ongoings and finding a use for characters who weren't stars. That's gone, at least for now. Things can change, since it wasn't long ago that Marvel had a whole Inhumans line and was starving the X-books of resources. But for now it's clear that Cebulski wants the focus of the Avengers to be on that one all-star team, which is why Empyre, a story with many connections to Wanda, was not allowed to use her except in a non-speaking cameo. I have no doubt Ewing would have used Wanda and Vision if he'd been allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Right, it was ambiguous, but the caption said that she can't live with it and also that she won't live with it. Which could mean that she will try something new to fix it, but also could mean that she literally won't live. Like a lot of Hickman's hints it could mean almost anything depending on where Marvel wants to go in a year or two. But I can see why people find it ominous, especially since Jim Zub has said that he keeps pitching Wanda stories to the Avengers office and getting shot down.

There was a period where Marvel was doing unusual ongoings and finding a use for characters who weren't stars. That's gone, at least for now. Things can change, since it wasn't long ago that Marvel had a whole Inhumans line and was starving the X-books of resources. But for now it's clear that Cebulski wants the focus of the Avengers to be on that one all-star team, which is why Empyre, a story with many connections to Wanda, was not allowed to use her except in a non-speaking cameo. I have no doubt Ewing would have used Wanda and Vision if he'd been allowed.
    Which lends more to the keeping her just functionally dead thing.

The Avengers office needs an upheaval.