Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Wanda is more popular than she ever has been due to her presence in the MCU. She should be more prominent in the comics. She shouldn't be held to an old character assassination. That stigma should go away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda is more popular than she ever has been due to her presence in the MCU. She should be more prominent in the comics. She shouldn't be held to an old character assassination. That stigma should go away.
    I mean, in fact she really isn't.
    She isn't an character under the x-office umbrella so whatever the x-books use her as a demon, that shouldn't matter if there was anyone to use her in the avengers side, but it simply seems there is none or editorial push/pitch to asign a writer to.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That might be it but I doubt it. I think they are trying to diversify, but not because of the movies. It's not really the variety that is bad. It's how they try to push it but keep other things dying. Avengers now are sacrificed for current flavors of the month. But before it was X-Men in favor of Inhumans and what not. Some of it had to with movie contracts. But some of that even started happening before the movies were popular. So while I feel it can be a factor sometimes, I think it's just mostly the comics division's love for throwing things against the wall to see if they stick.

It just sucks to be a fan of longtime teams or characters when they sacrifice them for fotm.
    Agreed there are just good or bad times for longtime fans of characters but the good thing is that sometimes all that throwing on the wall brings something really good or interesting for the characters, in Wanda´s case I would like to see a second part of her series but this time with the companny of her friends or people she knew, I thought that was the only thing missing from her first series, issues with her just having down time with Pietro, Janet, Carol, Steve, Vision, Billy and Tommy etc just like Carol series is doing right now and Jessica Jones series did before her, I was so happy to see Emma having adventures with Jessica Jones lol

In a medium like comics where we fans know the super heroes will go on living and having adventures despite everything else the links and relationships those characters develop become the more important part of the story, I think I saw an interview with a writter talking about this exact thing. Imo this is why we can see a lot of end of the world events but what stays with us are the relationships of the characters that lived them. We remember Green globin not because he did this or that scheme but because he killed Gwen. As a Magneto fan sure I enjoy when he gets to save the day because it happens very little but I get way more excited when he talks with Ororo or Scott or Illyana or has a fight with Wolverine or Apocalypse, because those humans elements are what give him a sense of a real person living those events.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 12-23-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    She isn't an character under the x-office umbrella so whatever the x-books use her as a demon, that shouldn't matter if there was anyone to use her in the avengers side, but it simply seems there is none or editorial push/pitch to asign a writer to.
    They said MCU. Not comics. Which she is very popular in the movies. Her show trailers have gotten record views and people in general like that version of the character. But comics wants to stick with the pariah version.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed there are just good or bad times for longtime fans of characters but the good thing is that sometimes all that throwing on the wall brings something really good or interesting for the characters, in Wanda´s case I would like to see a second part of her series but this time with the companny of her friends or people she knew, I thought that was the only thing missing from her first series, issue with her just having down time with Pietro, Janet, Carol, Steve, Vision, Billy and Tommy etc just like Carol series is doing right now and Jessica Jones series did before her, I was so happy to see Emma having adventures with Jessica Jones lol

In a medium like comics where we fans know the super heroes will go on living and having adventures despite everything else the links and relationships those characters develop become the more important part of the story, I think I saw an interview with a writter talking about this exact thing. Imo this is why we can see a lot of end of the world events but what stays with us are the relationships of the characters that lived them. We remember Green globin not because he did this or that scheme but because he killed Gwen. As a Magneto fan sure I enjoy when he gets to save the day because it happens very little but I get way more excited when he talks with Ororo or Scott or Illyana or has a fight with Wolverine or Apocalypse, because those humans elements are what give him a sense of a real person living those events.
    It just floors me that right now their big push is Conan. Like, I get they got the rights temporarily, but 8 variants for that? Please.

Extraordinary Member

Vision was the star of one of the most acclaimed Marvel comic series of recent years, and the reward for that is... occasional cameo appearances and a miniseries that got canceled. There's basically nothing some of these characters can do to get used as long as there's only one Avengers book.

BANNED

They said MCU. Not comics. Which she is very popular in the movies. Her show trailers have gotten record views and people in general like that version of the character. But comics wants to stick with the pariah version.
    they talked about comic prominience because of movie popularity and the HoM stigma.

but im saying it's not really the x-office job to capitalize on said popularity, and the x-men books talking about their continuity won't stop or even harm the avengers office if they tries to push her harder, it be just something the casual wanda fan would ignore.

The X-writers dont hold any power over wanda at the end

It just floors me that right now their big push is Conan. Like, I get they got the rights temporarily, but 8 variants for that? Please.
    Me thinks some writers in charge had good memories growing up with Connan so they are trying to make him into the new Wolverine but well if that´s the case we just need to have the right person who grew up as a fan of Wanda, that can become our new year project Also I think we will see some interesting developments for Wanda once her tv series is out next year imo.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

but im saying it's not really the x-office job to capitalize on said popularity, and the x-men books talking about their continuity won't stop or even harm the avengers office if they tries to push her harder, it be just something the casual wanda fan would ignore, she's a pariah to the x-men still.
    No not at all. In this discussion, the A-office is getting the blame. The X-office cannot add more Avengers comics.

The A office's failure here is why the only portrayal of her is whatever she ends up in that just keeps harping on 15 years ago. And that being allowed isn't even coming from the x-office, because they could not use her without the A-office approval.

BANNED

No not at all. In this discussion, the A-office is getting the blame. The X-office cannot add more Avengers comics.

The A office's failure here is why the only portrayal of her is whatever she ends up in that just keeps harping on 15 years ago. And that being allowed isn't even coming from the x-office, because they could not use her without the A-office approval.
    that's a fair point yes

And also, what happened with Decimation stemmed from an Avengers event. So it's pretty much all A-office. And everything X-office has written since is just reactionary or defensive of that. So I think they don't deserve the blame. That's what they have to work with. And if the A-office cared about the character at all, they wouldn't have wrecked her or at least have rebooted or redeemed. Like they've done with many characters they did the same things with but still cared about.

BANNED

the "cant live with it" isnt necessarly that she will die, it means she cannot live with her actions so she will continue trying ways to fix it instead of moving forward.

And the x-men books currently have a very strong direction and are somewhat repeating former concepts people were already attached to and gave them a shake up, hence the consistent success we are witnessing.

The rest of marvel is just not consistent, like i loved agents of atlas recently and they deserve a proper ongoing, not just constant minis, sometimes stuff needs time to breathe.

Also concepts can be attempted more than once, like how dc brought back justice league dark and it has been doing phenomenaly! there needs more avengers teams, at least one more
    As it said she can’t and won’t live with her actions she was reading spellbooks. Meaning she is going to keep up at it until she fixes things.

Perhaps they are going to do a true redemption story? But after everyone else cleaned up after her not sure how that is possible.

BANNED

And also, what happened with Decimation stemmed from an Avengers event. So it's pretty much all A-office. And everything X-office has written since is just reactionary or defensive of that. So I think they don't deserve the blame. That's what they have to work with. And if the A-office cared about the character at all, they wouldn't have wrecked her or at least have rebooted or redeemed. Like they've done with many characters they did the same things with but still cared about.
    Comics are often behind the time because they often hire writers who are fans of stories 40 years ago. Hickman’s X-Men has been amazing though and current. Back to Wanda, the movies and now the television have made her a major character and the comics are way behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Me thinks some writers in charge had good memories growing up with Connan so they are trying to make him into the new Wolverine but well if that´s the case we just need to have the right person who grew up as a fan of Wanda, that can become our new year project Also I think we will see some interesting developments for Wanda once her tv series is out next year imo.
    I think so too.

I remember Bendis feeling broken hearted over him killing Janet and no one thinking too much about her so yes, there´s definitely editors and writers personal feelings over the characters working as well, Steve Englehart liked Wanda a lot and in part is thanks to him she and Vision got a series after they were married, the same series Wandavision is taking inspiration from so yes, imo Wanda needs new stories that help advance her character and of course a writer that´s willing to do the reasearch about her.