Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Moving the goal posts, Wolverine's fought Hulk many times in his own title, now Wolverine's not even a real mutant anymore! Wanda's origins have been retconned more than once, she's comic book character the fact you don't like her going back doesn't change the fact Marvel can retcon it again and that the retcon not making her a mutant just is about her status as a mutant the original states with her in it are still canon. Including when she was in Stan lee's run, which is being avoided being mentioned. Sorry,Ferro, you don't get to override Stan Lee's contributions to the X-men canon. And they have come back to the X-titles, like around Onslaught.

That's being factual, and that's beside the point - this is about attacking Wanda to erase her from the X-titles completely. This is blatantly obvious when others do the exact same things in other titles because they have their own themes and they get off scott free and will be ignored entirely because those characters don't have grudges against them. Drinking alcohol defined Robero more in the Avengers then being a mutant in the Avengers books! Determining someone's social group by their identical and ignoring their genes for the groups they belong to is incredibly wrong when the X-men comics are literally about mutants getting killed because robots key in on their genetics and the real world implications is offensive. All to attack a fictional character who's not appearing in the X-books at the moment. You need to read more about Wanda, the Wanda you think she is isn't being published by Marvel. Sorry Justice and Firestar, you're not mutants any more.
    I didn't overwrite stan lee, marvel has done that itself and reinforced it over 5 years, going on 6.
    my opinions aren't an atack they are facts, wanda isn't a mutant and doesn't belong on the x-titles and no amount of conjecture and comparisons to other characters change that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I didn't overwrite stan lee, marvel has done that itself and reinforced it over 5 years, going on 6.
    my opinions aren't an atack they are facts, wanda isn't a mutant and doesn't belong on the x-titles and no amount of conjecture and comparisons to other characters change that.
    The lack of respect for Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's run on X-men is astounding, this is the first time you've bothered to mention it and still Wanda being a mutant in that run is not focused on - it continues to be made out to be as if their comics weren't published at all. Marvel changes, you'd think this was the first thing Marvel retconned about Wanda by this response. The retcon that her not being a mutant is very, very recent and hardly impossible to switch by Marvel writers and editors. The Spider-office had internal fights about getting rid of MJ for over 20 years and when they finally did it it's signalling reversing Spider-man's deal with Mephisto. All that is opinion, and she's hasn't been a supporting character in the X-line since the 60's but that's not enough. Comparisons are bought up because it shows the argument is bogus, that's why they get deflected and ignored rather than argued against because there is no defense. The double standards about any other mutant in itself shows how bad the vendetta against Wanda is, if that really was genuine Justice and Firestar would be the first to get attacked for being false mutants but they aren't.

Marvel's not going to stop publishing every issue Wanda's been in before House of M, Ferro. She's not a mutant right now, this should be a win in your favor yet this act is taken as if Marvel's confirmed Hickman's going to make her a mutant next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Wanda isn’t a mutant anymore, you mean. She has been considered as a mutant during a long time.

I wonder why you are incensed against the possibility that Wanda could be a mutant again: she hurt mutants? Other mutants have done it too. She doesn’t like mutants? If she is a mutant again, it would mean she hates herself. Wanda has always been rather a loner, more interested by building a family rather than being in a community. Is it that much a sin?

Being a mutant isn’t a prize, either you are born with a X-gene or you aren’t. It doesn’t mean anything about the person you are. And in the past the X-men were much more inclusive than now.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Wanda isn’t a mutant anymore, you mean. She has been considered as a mutant during a long time.

I wonder why you are incensed against the possibility that Wanda could be a mutant again: she hurt mutants? Other mutants have done it too. She doesn’t like mutants? If she is a mutant again, it would mean she hates herself. Wanda has always been rather a loner, more interested by building a family rather than being in a community. Is it that much a sin?

Being a mutant isn’t a prize, either you are born with a X-gene or you aren’t. It doesn’t mean anything about the person you are. And in the past the X-men were much more inclusive than now.
    Wanda hasn't hated mutants or been a loner. The most of the huge chunk of her time in comics has been on teams.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Cross-post

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    As a more positive thing to add opposite my complaints, especially as we're entering a new year, here's another recent piece of the sisters made by onehitjimmy (posted by someone else).

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)