Published Released
    July, 2020 May 6, 2020
    Editor-in-ChiefC.B. Cebulski
    Cover ArtistLeinil Francis Yu
    WriterJonathan Hickman
    PencilerLeinil Francis Yu
    Previous IssueNext Issue
    X-Men Vol 5 #10X-Men Vol 5 #12
    This comic will be released on May 6, 2020.

Solicit Synopsis
    THE TREES ARE KILLING THE CHILDREN!
    Max in Genosha, confronting the past amid dangers to the present of Krakoa? I’m hyped. There’s a lot that can be done there. It helps with the pain of not knowing if the twins will actually show up for Empyre (on the Avengers side of things), or were just on the cover depicting their part in the original stories.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 02-21-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Wanda is confirmed on an Avengers title for this crossover so that just leaves the question of where will be Pietro. I am actually hoping Pietro, Wanda and Magneto somohow reunite again after Axis during this crossover being all ankward around each other while dealing with the crisis, I am not holding my breath but it will be nice to see something like this again
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Another Magneto update for the new Brotherhood pack.

If Lorna is going to get in one of these games again she needs to come along with one of the many team packs.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-22-2020 at 08:15 AM.

BANNED

I smell some polaris and magneto content about this genoshan drama, especially with leah williams in issue 2 of the empyre mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I smell some polaris and magneto content about this genoshan drama, especially with leah williams in issue 2 of the empyre mini.
    Yes I am hoping they are both on the team of x-men who are on genosha, its amazing it will be the first time they are on genosha since the massacre.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

I generally can see why Genosha might be elevated as an issue this Spring. It should matter of course with the development of Krakoa, but it also ties back to those caught up it its potential worst case fears.

If as seems quite possible based on my issue of X-Men #7 today they are building towards Wanda's return and potential conflict between mutants and Avengers/Wanda having Genosha and M-Day on Lorna and Magneto's mind would create all sorts of possibilities for what is to come.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-26-2020 at 01:39 PM.

They reiterated that Wanda is a pretender and not a part of the mutant franchise. They are not undoing the retcon.

Them hyping the conflict levels between Wanda and the mutants to astronomical proportions is preparing the ground for a war. That doesn't mean certainly the retcon is coming down, but I would be shocked if we don't see a big crossover settling accounts.

Marvel.com: How 'X-Men' #7 Confronts "No More Mutants"

“No more mutants.”

Over a decade ago, HOUSE OF M changed the game for Marvel’s mutants when Wanda Maximoff, AKA Scarlet Witch, summarily attempted to erase Homo Superior from the face of the Earth. Overnight, the population of mutants left with powers dropped to approximately 198. It’s estimated that 1 million mutants lost their powers on M-Day, including notable heroes and villains like Magneto, Charles Xavier, Rictor, Polaris, Jubilee, and most of the student body at Xavier’s School For Gifted Children.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-26-2020 at 12:52 PM.

I’m honestly surprised Marvel even acknowledged that M-Day affected Lorna in the article. It’s good that they did, but I’m used to Marvel ignoring her aside from using her to benefit men. This is a rare case of them recognizing she’s actually done and experienced things of her own.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Thanks spirit2011

Extraordinary Member

Maybe someone (not me, though) should post a poll asking users

a) if they think Wanda will play a part in this story
    b) if they think the AXIS retcon will be undone as part of the story.

I would vote yes on a) but I'm not sure about b).

It seems obvious to me that the Wanda references in Hickman's run aren't just random because they get more specific every time and the latest one actually had her appearing on-panel, even though she wasn't physically there yet. Plus we have Bleeding Cool's report that some kind of Wanda/Pietro/Magneto story was planned but on hold until WandaVision comes out, etc.

But b) sounds like the kind of continuity-nerd unraveling that Hickman would hate doing, plus it seems like he's taking the retcon and running with the idea of Wanda being a human. The whole "Pretender" thing (which doesn't mean she was pretending to be a mutant, just that she was an heir to Magneto who turned out not to be his heir) actually seems to me like he is making the retcon more solid and giving it a reason to exist, which I don't think he'd do if they were going to reverse it.

So I'm leaning toward the idea that she will show up but will remain, technically, a non-mutant. Magneto doesn't have to be the twins' literal dad to care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Maybe someone (not me, though) should post a poll asking users

a) if they think Wanda will play a part in this story
    b) if they think the AXIS retcon will be undone as part of the story.

I would vote yes on a) but I'm not sure about b).

It seems obvious to me that the Wanda references in Hickman's run aren't just random because they get more specific every time and the latest one actually had her appearing on-panel, even though she wasn't physically there yet. Plus we have Bleeding Cool's report that some kind of Wanda/Pietro/Magneto story was planned but on hold until WandaVision comes out, etc.

But b) sounds like the kind of continuity-nerd unraveling that Hickman would hate doing, plus it seems like he's taking the retcon and running with the idea of Wanda being a human. The whole "Pretender" thing (which doesn't mean she was pretending to be a mutant, just that she was an heir to Magneto who turned out not to be his heir) actually seems to me like he is making the retcon more solid and giving it a reason to exist, which I don't think he'd do if they were going to reverse it.

So I'm leaning toward the idea that she will show up but will remain, technically, a non-mutant. Magneto doesn't have to be the twins' literal dad to care about them.
    I think she will be part of the story because this X-men by Hickman was planned by him for years and because of his style as a writer, he doesn´t bring themes or characters if they won´t play a part in the storyline even if it takes years of teasing so my guess is that he definitely has a plan for Wanda, otherwise he would not have talked about her in HoX. The question is will he bring the post Axis Wanda who isn´t related to Magneto but still had a part on the decimation? or will he bring her once her ties to Magneto and Polaris are fixed? my guess is that it could be any of the two because even if he´s a long time planner he also likes to accomodate other ppl storylines, Wanda and Pietro are Avengers characters, so if that office choses to keep them from being mutants Hickman will play it that way but if the order is given by marvel to make them mutants once again and Magneto´s children I am sure he will have a lot of ideas about it given Magneto himself is one of his favorite characters.

So yes I am pretty sure Wanda will play a part, big or small in this X-men story, the question is just What kind of Wanda and maybe Pietro are we going to get?

I know this is umpopular around Wanda´s fan for understable reasons but I am almost sure marvel will undo the retcon not only because the ties between Marvel and Fox are fixed but because it wasn´t a very popular retcon even among writers of the characters but that´s just my oppinion.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-27-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I know this is umpopular around Wanda´s fan for understable reasons but I am almost sure marvel will undo the retcon not only because the ties between Marvel and Fox are fixed but because it wasn´t a very popular retcon even among writers of the characters but that´s just my oppinion.
    I would rather they be mutants, personally (not all Wanda stans agree) but mainly I am just bored with them always revisiting their past, whether it's their origin or the House of M miniseries that Wanda wasn't even in for more than a few pages. Wanda's series went off the rails when it became all about giving her a new mother and a new origin.

If they do a story that undoes the retcon, I'd take that over the twins not being in anything, but it would have to be incredibly good to hold my attention because nobody cares about their origin stories any more, they've had too many already and they've all been undone.

Not that they're the only characters who never get to move beyond one or two stories. Vision's series was about him trying to re-create his old relationship with Wanda because that's the only story that will ever define him. But they need new stories.

I agree they need new stories I liked the Vision series a lot and the Wanda and Pietro solo series were interesting but yes, they need first not to get isolated when the focus is on their characters, part of the reason the new WandaVision series by the MCU has parts of the Vision and Scarlet Witch series from the 80´s is because that series didn´t shy away from showing all the characters Wanda and Vision had a relationship with, they are less when they are isolated not stronger so if a new story whose focus is about undoing the retcon I hope they add as much related characters to the family as possible and the it also helps them advance on their personal storylines, maybe while adding some new mystery of showing new information about the family would be nice to see.

I would like a series that includes not only Wanda, Pietro, Magneto or Polaris but all of them along with Speed, Wiccan, Vision, Luna, Crystal, Magda(Natalya?), Agatha and maybe some X-men and Avengers friends to make it interesting but also to help point the characters to new paths. Right now I like very much Wanda´s path even if she has not been shown a lot Pietro is the one who needs a main personal mission to really get off the old paths the character often finds himself, he definitely can be a lot more than Wanda´s brother or Magneto´s Son and he can be so while keeping close those ties because this gives him perspective and a sense of family.