Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 LastLast

Fantastic Member

Sneak Peek pages are dropping early: https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...ut-november-18. Guess they want to build some hype around this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Sneak Peek pages are dropping early: https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...ut-november-18. Guess they want to build some hype around this issue?
    This is probably my favorite cover of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is probably my favorite cover of the series.
    Me too. Only wish Acuna could've stuck around a bit longer for the art. Looks like Kirk is here at least through January solicits. So far I'd have to settle on Yu, Kubert, and Acuna as the most appealing artists for me during this volume. While I prefer Andy Kubert's run more years ago, Adam's stuff has grown on me. although it has felt a bit like a revolving door of artists.
    Got to say that cover is truly amazing. Maybe one of the best array of supporting casts I can think of, with apologies to Fury Sr.

I'm gonna start a PROPER thread on this, but I'm gonna ask anyway!

If you could take part of helping to write an animated series about our favorite Marvel heroes... Speaking of Steve Rogers, what kind of story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?

What do you like/love about the character?

Have you seen what you wanted represented well, in any media?

What do you NOT like/love about the character?

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?

If you could enhance Steve Rogers in some way, what would that be, and or entail?

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Steve's character that you'd love so much, what would it be?

I'm gonna start a thread to explain myself further, and why I'm asking

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Me too. Only wish Acuna could've stuck around a bit longer for the art. Looks like Kirk is here at least through January solicits. So far I'd have to settle on Yu, Kubert, and Acuna as the most appealing artists for me during this volume. While I prefer Andy Kubert's run more years ago, Adam's stuff has grown on me. although it has felt a bit like a revolving door of artists.
    Got to say that cover is truly amazing. Maybe one of the best array of supporting casts I can think of, with apologies to Fury Sr.
    I don't think anybody would argue with you.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Ooooooh. I've seen you in the various X-threads! Definitely willing to share my feelings

If you could take part of helping to write an animated series about our favorite Marvel heroes... Speaking of Steve Rogers, what kind of story and development you feel he deserves, what would it entail?
    One, he would have a supporting cast and his relationships with them would be fleshed out. The Cap family supporting cast is really great, and I love the different dynamics he has with Nick Fury Sr, Sam Wilson, Sharon Carter, and Bucky Barnes. This is 100% less about Steve, but I would absolutely ensure that Nick Fury had his super long history. You can still make him a black man (and honestly, that could elevate the character in how race relations/dynamics have and have not changed over the decades), but I need that history with Steve. The whole Nick/Steve/Sharon dynamic was very underrated in the 70s, 90s, and early 2000s.

I would include Steve deciding what it means to be Captain America, and determining his role as a person, hero, and symbol.

I love his inherent goodness. Steve Rogers is a good man. He cares about people. He's kind. He cares about doing the right thing. He cares about making the right choices. He believes in the goodness of other people: Hawkeye, Rachel Leighton, the Maximoff twins.

I also like how this character moves forward, despite having the weight of tragedy hanging around him. He lost his mother young, grew up in poverty, fought a very brutal war, lost someone who he consider a brother/son, lost his entire society to the ice, buried many other friends and his lover. He hurts and carries the pain with him, but he doesn't drown in it. He's not Bruce Wayne or Matt Murdock. He persists and moves forward, and tries to find the light in it all, even when everything is overwhelming.

So yeah, I like how despite suffering tragedy and darkness, he still has his goodness and kindness.

I have mixed feelings on his adaptation in the MCU. I think, for the most part, they captured his inherent goodness well, as well as his unwillingness to give up on people. They failed in other ways, which I will get onto at a later question.

This might get a lot of people mad at me, but I also like how the X-books occasionally criticized the character. I think an interesting angle to take is how Steve balances being the Captain America for the entire country, and how does that limit advocacy or representation for minorities.

I would say these are flaws that make the character great, but can otherwise be annoying: he's a very stubborn character and often set in his ways over what should be. And sometimes that's great, but other times it can make him come across as excessively moralistic.

If there's a complaint about the character, or his development in Marvel media, what would it be?
    Within Marvel media as a whole, I honestly believe Steve's return to the past in Endgame undermined a lot of the character and his character growth. I understand the outside forces -- Chris Evans couldn't be Cap forever -- but in-universe, the choice to abandon the future for an idealized past that honestly didn't exist is the antithesis of the character. It was an action that I could see happening when the character was at his absolute lowest, but never as a happy ending tying everything together. In any adaptation, I wouldn't have him dwelling on the past for more than a movie or a season. Part of what makes Steve is how he embraces moving forward.

Also I don't think I will ever accept Steve "Do you think this A stands for France?" Rogers.

If you could have one wish granted, that insane fanboy/fangirl carte blanche done with Steve's character that you'd love so much, what would it be?
    After being together on and off for more cumulative years than I have been alive, just let Steve and Sharon get married or something dammit.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Ooooooh. I've seen you in the various X-threads! Definitely willing to share my feelings

One, he would have a supporting cast and his relationships with them would be fleshed out. The Cap family supporting cast is really great, and I love the different dynamics he has with Nick Fury Sr, Sam Wilson, Sharon Carter, and Bucky Barnes. This is 100% less about Steve, but I would absolutely ensure that Nick Fury had his super long history. You can still make him a black man (and honestly, that could elevate the character in how race relations/dynamics have and have not changed over the decades), but I need that history with Steve. The whole Nick/Steve/Sharon dynamic was very underrated in the 70s, 90s, and early 2000s.

I would include Steve deciding what it means to be Captain America, and determining his role as a person, hero, and symbol.

I love his inherent goodness. Steve Rogers is a good man. He cares about people. He's kind. He cares about doing the right thing. He cares about making the right choices. He believes in the goodness of other people: Hawkeye, Rachel Leighton, the Maximoff twins.

I also like how this character moves forward, despite having the weight of tragedy hanging around him. He lost his mother young, grew up in poverty, fought a very brutal war, lost someone who he consider a brother/son, lost his entire society to the ice, buried many other friends and his lover. He hurts and carries the pain with him, but he doesn't drown in it. He's not Bruce Wayne or Matt Murdock. He persists and moves forward, and tries to find the light in it all, even when everything is overwhelming.

So yeah, I like how despite suffering tragedy and darkness, he still has his goodness and kindness.

I have mixed feelings on his adaptation in the MCU. I think, for the most part, they captured his inherent goodness well, as well as his unwillingness to give up on people. They failed in other ways, which I will get onto at a later question.

This might get a lot of people mad at me, but I also like how the X-books occasionally criticized the character. I think an interesting angle to take is how Steve balances being the Captain America for the entire country, and how does that limit advocacy or representation for minorities.

I would say these are flaws that make the character great, but can otherwise be annoying: he's a very stubborn character and often set in his ways over what should be. And sometimes that's great, but other times it can make him come across as excessively moralistic.

Within Marvel media as a whole, I honestly believe Steve's return to the past in Endgame undermined a lot of the character and his character growth. I understand the outside forces -- Chris Evans couldn't be Cap forever -- but in-universe, the choice to abandon the future for an idealized past that honestly didn't exist is the antithesis of the character. It was an action that I could see happening when the character was at his absolute lowest, but never as a happy ending tying everything together. In any adaptation, I wouldn't have him dwelling on the past for more than a movie or a season. Part of what makes Steve is how he embraces moving forward.

Also I don't think I will ever accept Steve "Do you think this A stands for France?" Rogers.

After being together on and off for more cumulative years than I have been alive, just let Steve and Sharon get married or something dammit.
    These are all good ones. Generally cosigned, especially the critique that his stubborn righteousness of character can be twisted into arguable self-righteousness, as his sheer certainty in what "right and wrong" is and isn't can and does sometimes blind him to the more complex realities of the situation(s) he faces. It was one thing in Civil War when he was clearly in the right, if only because the pro-registration side went too far almost from jump (Maria Hill trying to have him apprehended just for voicing a moral objection to the Superhero/Superhuman Registration Act), but in Avengers Vs. X-Men where he was fighting against people who had been driven to desperation by their impending extinction, he and Cyclops were both portrayed as (almost) equally unwilling to reason or compromise with one another. In both Civil War and AvX, regardless of whether Cap was in the right, his refusal to compromise played a part in escalating the situation, and that's not even getting into "Time Runs Out" leading into Secret Wars, where despite the Multiverse's impending destruction, he still pursued those he saw as needing to be brought to justice for their betrayal and deception of him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Oh wow lol sweet!

Okay I'll go ahead and say it, I'm part of a yet to be announced Marvel fan animated series, and while we WILL soon announce official name of the project, its wiki (yes we have a wiki and website), and release the basic plots for everyone to look over... I DO wanna get some ideas from fans started, even tho we do have a focus group helping us. The whole purpose is to created a Marvel Universe/Multiverse "created by fans, FOR fans", meaning we get to help write the episodes for each episode. And the art and animation is really cool! This spans all areas of the MU, not just Avengers or X-Men specific.

All that said, we formed a little team of writers and animators that are hobbyists and even were instructors, and they've been working hard and well with many, many fans to put this together. Our chief writer is the best amongst them, and she's been very intuitive and channeled so many ideas from fans into a rly great plot! Let me discuss your points right quick.

1. Supporting cast IS strong with this story. Alongside the Avengers team, Sam, Clint, Bucky, Nick Fury and Sharon Carter play key roles in Steve's journey. I'll get more into... the plot, and how COPPA reshaped the whole plot, but it works out bc the way the story is structured now, lays the foundation for building strong and well est. relationships for Steve's arc.

2. Bringing up COPPA again, Steve (as with many of our heroes) have an interesting start to their character arcs, and Steve's is very unique, and the blend of how his character gets his start, in comparison with the story of WWII hero Steve Rogers... its all very good. Steve Rogers in this story, taking on the mantle of Captain America, is very much centered on him deciding his identity, defining it, and determining what he will represent. That's very much strong in his story. I will talk more in depth when I get time to write a thread on this.

3. This is not only a part of his character, but key to his character arc. I think everyone would love this. The goodness in Steve is something that couldn't be overridden, and its very important for the decisions Steve makes. Steve is shown to be very caring, and his caring nature grows even more so due to Bucky's character arc.

4. This is a very good point about Steve's character. Its insight for developing him in this fan collab series, and I think this should play a role with what happens in his future. I know I'm being a bit vague but trust me, I'll bring much more light to this in the initial thread.

5. This is interesting. Cuz based on my knowledge, Cap is actually very critical of the X-Men and their (latter) poor sense of judgement. So... if they were early on to bring up representation to him, it would make it an interesting twist where he has that critical moment with the X-Men. All the Avengers actually, chastised the X-Men for... a decision they made, but... Cap was the main one to discuss it.

6. the chief writer wants to glean a bit from Steve's religious side, and it supports his arc of being "overly moralistic", with Bucky primarily, serving as his balance. I think stubborness is something that should be brought out as well too!

7. So interestingly, pressing on to move forward we get to see that about his character early on... but then, we've created our own Phoenix Saga, but changed to "The Phoenix Trilogy", as there's a "Third Act" that rly serves as a major game changer. At the end of that, massive arc, some heroes fall, and it is the first time we see Steve being bogged down. The entirety of this Trilogy, and how it ends, weighs a **** ton on the whole universe. How Steve (and other key heroes) handle these losses, will gravely affect the future, more darker arcs that follows.

8. I believe that, after the tumultuous nature of the deep future arcs, chief would explore Steve and Sharon sharing a life together

I'll soon have a thread to give WAY more details, AND allow everyone to brainstorm about their favorite heroes, and come up with ideas for the writers/animators to put together, just for us fans

Astonishing Member

Oh wow lol sweet!

Okay I'll go ahead and say it, I'm part of a yet to be announced Marvel fan animated series, and while we WILL soon announce official name of the project, its wiki (yes we have a wiki and website), and release the basic plots for everyone to look over... I DO wanna get some ideas from fans started, even tho we do have a focus group helping us. The whole purpose is to created a Marvel Universe/Multiverse "created by fans, FOR fans", meaning we get to help write the episodes for each episode. And the art and animation is really cool! This spans all areas of the MU, not just Avengers or X-Men specific.

All that said, we formed a little team of writers and animators that are hobbyists and even were instructors, and they've been working hard and well with many, many fans to put this together. Our chief writer is the best amongst them, and she's been very intuitive and channeled so many ideas from fans into a rly great plot! Let me discuss your points right quick.

1. Supporting cast IS strong with this story. Alongside the Avengers team, Sam, Clint, Bucky, Nick Fury and Sharon Carter play key roles in Steve's journey. I'll get more into... the plot, and how COPPA reshaped the whole plot, but it works out bc the way the story is structured now, lays the foundation for building strong and well est. relationships for Steve's arc.

2. Bringing up COPPA again, Steve (as with many of our heroes) have an interesting start to their character arcs, and Steve's is very unique, and the blend of how his character gets his start, in comparison with the story of WWII hero Steve Rogers... its all very good. Steve Rogers in this story, taking on the mantle of Captain America, is very much centered on him deciding his identity, defining it, and determining what he will represent. That's very much strong in his story. I will talk more in depth when I get time to write a thread on this.

3. This is not only a part of his character, but key to his character arc. I think everyone would love this. The goodness in Steve is something that couldn't be overridden, and its very important for the decisions Steve makes. Steve is shown to be very caring, and his caring nature grows even more so due to Bucky's character arc.

4. This is a very good point about Steve's character. Its insight for developing him in this fan collab series, and I think this should play a role with what happens in his future. I know I'm being a bit vague but trust me, I'll bring much more light to this in the initial thread.

5. This is interesting. Cuz based on my knowledge, Cap is actually very critical of the X-Men and their (latter) poor sense of judgement. So... if they were early on to bring up representation to him, it would make it an interesting twist where he has that critical moment with the X-Men. All the Avengers actually, chastised the X-Men for... a decision they made, but... Cap was the main one to discuss it.

6. the chief writer wants to glean a bit from Steve's religious side, and it supports his arc of being "overly moralistic", with Bucky primarily, serving as his balance. I think stubborness is something that should be brought out as well too!

7. So interestingly, pressing on to move forward we get to see that about his character early on... but then, we've created our own Phoenix Saga, but changed to "The Phoenix Trilogy", as there's a "Third Act" that rly serves as a major game changer. At the end of that, massive arc, some heroes fall, and it is the first time we see Steve being bogged down. The entirety of this Trilogy, and how it ends, weighs a **** ton on the whole universe. How Steve (and other key heroes) handle these losses, will gravely affect the future, more darker arcs that follows.

8. I believe that, after the tumultuous nature of the deep future arcs, chief would explore Steve and Sharon sharing a life together

I'll soon have a thread to give WAY more details, AND allow everyone to brainstorm about their favorite heroes, and come up with ideas for the writers/animators to put together, just for us fans
    I've seen you do this on the X-forum with the Phoenix, but I'm really curious about things - like, since this is a fanfic project why do you need to ask fans for research or story ideas when your own writers should be hammering this out on their own. And who are these writers? Who are the artists and animators? Why aren't they in these threads? Can we get contact info about them on social media directly? I'm interested in learning how the people mare who are going to do the hard work with these ideas rather than being nameless phantoms. Is this on platforms like You Tube and Patreon? This is just fanfic, right? No money being made? Because if it's not the second Marvel notices someone is going to get sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    These are all good ones. Generally cosigned, especially the critique that his stubborn righteousness of character can be twisted into arguable self-righteousness, as his sheer certainty in what "right and wrong" is and isn't can and does sometimes blind him to the more complex realities of the situation(s) he faces. It was one thing in Civil War when he was clearly in the right, if only because the pro-registration side went too far almost from jump (Maria Hill trying to have him apprehended just for voicing a moral objection to the Superhero/Superhuman Registration Act), but in Avengers Vs. X-Men where he was fighting against people who had been driven to desperation by their impending extinction, he and Cyclops were both portrayed as (almost) equally unwilling to reason or compromise with one another. In both Civil War and AvX, regardless of whether Cap was in the right, his refusal to compromise played a part in escalating the situation, and that's not even getting into "Time Runs Out" leading into Secret Wars, where despite the Multiverse's impending destruction, he still pursued those he saw as needing to be brought to justice for their betrayal and deception of him.
    I think these are good points as well, and even bringing some self-righteousness as good measure of how too much certainty of "right and wrong" can twist itself up.

I do know that part about "self-righteousness" is definitely explored with the X-Men, as they make a practically fatal judgement call, which spawns into the happenings of the new third part of the Phoenix Trilogy.

I was no Avengers vs. X-Men fan, but the unbending nature of both sides brought about a lot of preventable chaos, which is something gleaned on in this fan collab story. We have an "Avengers vs. X-Men" to which, we see the rights and flaws of both sides, and how each negatively impacted the situation of what becomes the central plot after Dark Phoenix Saga. Without giving away certain spoilers, the Avengers accuse the X-Men of poor judgement, leading a former team member becoming the "threat" he becomes. Scott does not back down from his decision, and does not except the proposed solution from the Avengers. The Avengers however are hypocrites, as they also mismanaged a situation involving Loki, which spawned the events that is what turns the Phoenix Saga into this new Trilogy.

The Avengers and X-Men's actions we later see, also lead to an arc created by our focus group called "the Dystopian Saga" in which plunges the Multiverse into chaos

I think these are good points as well, and even bringing some self-righteousness as good measure of how too much certainty of "right and wrong" can twist itself up.

I do know that part about "self-righteousness" is definitely explored with the X-Men, as they make a practically fatal judgement call, which spawns into the happenings of the new third part of the Phoenix Trilogy.

I was no Avengers vs. X-Men fan, but the unbending nature of both sides brought about a lot of preventable chaos, which is something gleaned on in this fan collab story. We have an "Avengers vs. X-Men" to which, we see the rights and flaws of both sides, and how each negatively impacted the situation of what becomes the central plot after Dark Phoenix Saga. Without giving away certain spoilers, the Avengers accuse the X-Men of poor judgement, leading a former team member becoming the "threat" he becomes. Scott does not back down from his decision, and does not except the proposed solution from the Avengers. The Avengers however are hypocrites, as they also mismanaged a situation involving Loki, which spawned the events that is what turns the Phoenix Saga into this new Trilogy.

The Avengers and X-Men's actions we later see, also lead to an arc created by our focus group called "the Dystopian Saga" in which plunges the Multiverse into chaos
    That does sound like a better way of handling that particular conflict, not completely absolving either side of wrongdoing, but not necessarily throwing one or the other under the bus like the canon version arguably did.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That does sound like a better way of handling that particular conflict, not completely absolving either side of wrongdoing, but not necessarily throwing one or the other under the bus like the canon version arguably did.
    Right and, that's something our "focus group" (if you wanna call it that) have talked about, and why we decided to allow fans to create a new idea and plot for what "Avengers vs. X-Men" should look like. I've been reaching out to other spaces to hear more from other fans. Very soon, this thing will be announced, and made public so fans can freely and easily brainstorm plot ideas that hobbyist artists would animate

Right and, that's something our "focus group" (if you wanna call it that) have talked about, and why we decided to allow fans to create a new idea and plot for what "Avengers vs. X-Men" should look like. I've been reaching out to other spaces to hear more from other fans. Very soon, this thing will be announced, and made public so fans can freely and easily brainstorm plot ideas that hobbyist artists would animate
    Sounds very intriguing. And fun, too.

I’d just go with adaptations of his story arcs or Avengers stories he was heavily involved in, but tell it from Cap’s perspective, so it wouldn’t be an “Avengers” story perse. Also that could give the writers room to do their on thing a bit and not just rehash the arcs in animated form.

Each arc would be portrayed as individual seasons in chronological order for example, the first season would be his origin story from 1941 to being frozen in 1945. I would let the writers tell their own stories in episodes as long as it falls within the overall arc. The next season could star from Avengers 4 and go into the next big Cap or Avengers arc.

I grew up in a military family so I’ve always had a deep respect and admiration for our veterans. Starting with the G.I. Joe cartoon and toys in the 1980s, and when I started reading Captain America comics in the 1990s. I also love how often times he’s physically the weaker/weakest person on the team, but his resolve and confidence coupled with his training and experience often make him one of the most invaluable members of the team. And of course the speeches. Who doesn’t love those.

Honestly these are just a few things. I could probably write a book on all the reasons why he’s my favorite character in all fiction, be it in written form, TV/Movie, or gaming.

For the most part he’s been EXTREMELY well represented in most media outside comics. Obviously Chris Evans portrayal of Steve in the MCU was excellent. And he’s pretty well represented in the cartoons, Avengers:EMH and even Avengers Assemble. In comics, it varies from writer to writer, but really outside of the abomination that was Nick Spencer’s run. And AvX, Cap in comics was represented pretty well.

Really I can’t think of anything. I guess the only downside is due to his creation and what he represents, the potential of him becoming a political mouthpiece for what ever writer may be writing him at the time.

That’s easy. My biggest complaint is in the comics, and by now you’ve probably figured out I’m not a fan of the whole Secret Empire arc. So development wise that’s my biggest complaint.

That Chris Evans stopped playing him in the MCU.

If you could enhance Steve Rogers in some way, what would that be, and or entail?
    Not an enhancement, but really just more exploration into what the SSS did to him and how it changed him. I was really interested in the idea that Rick Remender had with the SSS affecting his aging and in effect making him ageless. It would also explain how even though he was frozen in ice he didn’t age.

Again easy. My wish would be that Nick Spencer never got his hands on Captain America. “Hail Hydra” my ass.

I'm gonna start a thread to explain myself further, and why I'm asking
    Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by tg1982; 10-27-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington