Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's what I like to hear. I always go back and forth with myself about collecting Avengers because I never know how featured Steve will be. Still having that internal argument.
    Cap's typically respected in Avengers, and is a series constant. I recommend Busiek, Hickman and Bendis runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cap's typically respected in Avengers, and is a series constant. I recommend Busiek, Hickman and Bendis runs.
    I did collect Hickman's run. It was around that time that I started collecting comics. I have made it a point to go back and get Busiek's run as well as Bendis' New Avengers. Specfically for Aaron's book, I was talking about collecting it in individual issues. For those reasons.. just not knowing if it'll be worth the $4 if I'm reading it for Cap alone.

The armor feels a little out of place to me.

Did you guys read the Cap Empyre tie ins? How were they?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The armor feels a little out of place to me.
    The armor itself isn't out of place, it's just who's wearing it. Toni, the last one to wear such a suit and the designer of this one, did suggest she should wear it herself but Sharon insisted.

Sharon does talk about stolen youth though, so maybe she won't need it long term because she's about to be deaged.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The armor itself isn't out of place, it's just who's wearing it. Toni, the last one to wear such a suit and the designer of this one, did suggest she should wear it herself but Sharon insisted.

Sharon does talk about stolen youth though, so maybe she won't need it long term because she's about to be deaged.
    Is Toni Iron Patriot currently?

Technically, yes. She hasn't worn the armour since the end of U.S.Avengers, but she's not retired. The armor was destroyed while being worn by Red Hulk in Avengers No Surrender, she's only just rebuilt it, but gave it to Sharon to use.

spoilers:
    And that one gets destroyed as well, when Shuri uses Selene's crystal to restore Sharon's youth. For some reason even her clothes changed in the transformation, causing the armor to be lost.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Love Sharon’s inner monologue throughout the issue, nice piece of writing by Coates. Took it up a notch for me.

spoilers:
    Finally after 6 years they returned Sharon to her youth. I can’t believe it took so long
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Did you guys read the Cap Empyre tie ins? How were they?
    They were good. There aren't important to the plot, but you get three issues of Captain America leading a bunch of soldiers I came to enjoy as characters in and of themselves battling unsurmountable odds as Captain America does. I think it had about everything you can ask for in a short three issue Cap story besides his normal recurring cast.

spoilers:
    Finally. Some representation for young blonde white women in superhero comics.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Fantastic Member

This issue ended great for me, and I love Sharon POV. What I love about inner monologues is that they end up revealing new bits of characterization, such as you can argue Sharon is a sports fan based the examples she used. It also makes me want a mini with her. Maybe one will drop around FATWS?

Other notes for this issue:

• Krakoa was finally acknowledged. Selena seems to be involed with Apocalype in X of Swords and Excalibur, so this story seems to have no bearing with her. Then again, she was brought in before Dawn of X, so I guess it makes sense.
    • Next issue features the Skull, and we still haven't fully dealt with Ross. Is Coates staying of past 25? That feels like a lot to deal with in 2 issues.
    • Sharon owes Shuri a very, very nice gift basket.

Steve's facial expression on the last panel is everything

Glad to hear it was a good issue.. the series has been a little slow for me (mostly because I get to the shop only once every couple of months or so).. but I'm excited to read this weekend