Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

This seems to be going in a direction I didn't expect at all, which I am very intrigued by. Totally wild to see Agatha Harkness, and her cougar joke honestly made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    This seems to be going in a direction I didn't expect at all, which I am very intrigued by. Totally wild to see Agatha Harkness, and her cougar joke honestly made me laugh.
    Right?! What a wonderful surprise. I'm grateful for it, truly.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    The Cap #19 preview is up and I gotta say, I'm excited for it. I had this... fear, that this issue (which had been solicited as the one where Steve confronts Peggy) was going to be this huge drama, love triangle, arguing over the issue of trust, crap of a mess (love triangles make me... twitchy, as do hints of the MCU infiltrating the comics, as do hints of lovers quarrels) - and thank every diety everywhere this doesn't seem to be that AT ALL. In fact, it looks like Coates is going on some kind of mystical/fantasy/magical mystery tour with it, and I'm so incredibly hyped for it!

Damn same twitchy issues here! Especially MCU erosion .... love triangle sh#%@t close second.

This preview does warm my heart we’re getting backstory on Daughters ... finally.

I hold judgement on the Empyre thing as I prefer a more conflicted thoughtful Steve ... that twitch indeed starts in when I think he’s acting the super patriot icon ... granted rarely does this ever happen. And no I can’t think of a particular time .... just my own paranoia seeping through.

Happy Valentines Day, Cap fans!

Fantastic Member

Additional thoughts on the preview: Steve reveals he's always sort of wanted a cat. I posit that he should go talk to Bucky and Gambit about whatever they do with their cats while on missions, because they seem to make it work. Alpine even rides in Bucky's jacket and the cats join Gambit in meetings. Carol has Chewie, but Chewie is not a cat proper. All I'm saying, Steve, is that's it's possible. Join the hot cat dad squad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Additional thoughts on the preview: Steve reveals he's always sort of wanted a cat. I posit that he should go talk to Bucky and Gambit about whatever they do with their cats while on missions, because they seem to make it work. Alpine even rides in Bucky's jacket and the cats join Gambit in meetings. Carol has Chewie, but Chewie is not a cat proper. All I'm saying, Steve, is that's it's possible. Join the hot cat dad squad.
    Cat's are a very independent animal...automatic feeder, a larger litter box...and someone who can check on them every 3-4 days when you are away.

The Cap #19 preview is up and I gotta say, I'm excited for it. I had this... fear, that this issue (which had been solicited as the one where Steve confronts Peggy) was going to be this huge drama, love triangle, arguing over the issue of trust, crap of a mess (love triangles make me... twitchy, as do hints of the MCU infiltrating the comics, as do hints of lovers quarrels) - and thank every diety everywhere this doesn't seem to be that AT ALL. In fact, it looks like Coates is going on some kind of mystical/fantasy/magical mystery tour with it, and I'm so incredibly hyped for it!

Interesting seeing Agatha interact with someone other then Wanda for once.
    Also, the variant for it is great...

I think that's the youngest Gwen Stacy has ever looked in that outfit.
    Happy Valentines Day, Cap fans!

Happy Valentines Day!

Astonishing Member

Also, the variant for it is great...

Ha! That variant is definitely drawing some "America's ass" action...but then has that little kid partially obscuring the view so it isn't quite as obvious.

Just read Captain America: The End.

Just the kind of Cap stories I love and the emotional impact was powerful. Larsen did great job on the story and art(very Kirby-esque).

I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just read Captain America: The End.

Just the kind of Cap stories I love and the emotional impact was powerful. Larsen did great job on the story and art(very Kirby-esque).

I loved it.
    Agreed! It was really good. It makes me sad that the content of the book became overshadowed by an editorial mistake when it's really a truly fantastic Cap story that was well written and well drawn and is on-point thematically.

Steve (and company) will be in Valkyrie this week...

Source
    Last edited by capandkirby; 02-18-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Steve in the upcoming Captain Marvel issue...

Today's issue of Cap was freakin amazing.

All-New Member

Not super happy with #19, and I'm generally writing off the run. I get the sense parts of this run have changed direction abruptly.

Fantastic Member

This issue was fun, and I am all about the DOL origin. Not sure entirely how I feel about the retcons to Peggy's origin, but I love the team moment at the end.

The art shifts were annoying.