Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Steve Rogers: Captain America Appreciation 2020

New Year, new Cap appreciation post for our guy Steve. The seaker/speaker of truth:

The friend:

The hot mess:

A bit of a troll:

And one hell of a good guy with a heart so big it fills the Marvel Universe:

Last edited by capandkirby; 01-02-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Steve in The Web of Black Widow #5...

Happy New Year to the Sentinel of Liberty .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed. Thanks for all the scans, capandkirby. Fine stuff there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

it would be great if there were some straight to DVD cartoon films adapting storylines. Even original stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it would be great if there were some straight to DVD cartoon films adapting storylines. Even original stories.
    That would be a lot of fun. Steve is in enough of the cultural zeitgeist that you don't have to do much backstory anymore. There's so many cool stories for Steve that the public doesn't know. Nomad, get the Serpent Society in there, even a trippy Codename: Bravo storyline. Or just Man Out of Time. I'd like that.

Only tangentially related to Steve, but I would kill for a Death of Captain America adaptation with Bucky taking the SHIELD, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. Thanks for all the scans, capandkirby. Fine stuff there.
    No problem. Happy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would LOVE this. Great idea!!! A mutual and I were discussing something similar on Twitter the other day. How, as much screentime as Cap received in the MCU, and how very well Evans played him, it was still disappointing, for those of us who were fans of the character before the MCU, that his third movie was based on the Civil War story, which, honestly, should have been an Avengers film. I had read an article that originally they were planning to do Kirby's Madbomb story for the third Cap film (found the article again if interested: https://ew.com/article/2016/08/25/ca...-zombie-movie/), which would have been amazing, relevant to this day (in fact moreso than ever), and based on an actual Cap story. There are so many really good Cap stories that would be great onscreen, I feel. In fact, they're using an abridged/modified version of the John Walker story for the Falcon and Winter Soldier show, so clearly Feige must feel that way as well. Another friend and I were talking about how anyone taking the Cap title is brave because the threshold/bar set by Waid, Brubaker, Gruenwald and Englehart is so high that it's a difficult title to make a name for yourself in, which is just more proof positive that there's just a lot of good stories there to adapt to a visual media.

...also, I wouldn't mind a fun, animated version of Cap!Wolf.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 01-03-2020 at 08:31 AM.

Relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Relevant...

Boom, nailed it

Cap is going to appear in Deadpool #2. I read the preview on Bleeding Cool but the skew the article to make it look like Steve's being an A-hole.. upon reading the preview myself, I didn't think that at all. It's a really great interaction between Steve and Wade in the aftermath of the stuff they've gone through together recently. I'll be picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Cap is going to appear in Deadpool #2. I read the preview on Bleeding Cool but the skew the article to make it look like Steve's being an A-hole.. upon reading the preview myself, I didn't think that at all. It's a really great interaction between Steve and Wade in the aftermath of the stuff they've gone through together recently. I'll be picking it up.
    Yes. I saw the Bleeding Cool article and I’ve never seen such shoddy reporting in my life, absent of even a smidgen of objectivity. As such, I would like to implore all Cap fans to ban that site and refuse to give them clicks. This isn’t the first time they’ve devolved into character bashing Steve and frankly I’m sick of it. To the point I’m writing Marvel about it.