Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

MARVELS: SNAPSHOT Puts a Spotlight on CYCLOPS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and More In April

Excerpt:

First up, Eisner nominated writer Mark Russell will revisit Jack Kirby’s classic Madbomb storyline from his 1970s run on CAPTAIN AMERICA.

“Some people, when they call, you gotta pick up the phone. And Kurt Busiek is one of those people,” says Russell. “I was pretty instantly sold on the project once he started describing it to me— stories about the human cost of these famous conflicts in the Marvel Universe. I truly enjoyed working on this with him.”

Known for his work on books like Second Coming and Wonder Twins, Russell says MARVELS SNAPSHOT: CAPTAIN AMERICA will focus on “the Madbomb's impact in the South Bronx, a community which had already been effectively abandoned by the rest of the nation, that community's struggle for survival, and of the search for heroes of its own.” He will be joined by acclaimed artist Ramón Pérez(ALL-NEW HAWKEYE).
    Source: https://www.newsarama.com/48694-marv...-and-more.html

I'm so excited!!!! Instant buy.

Mark Russell writing Cap should be a hoot .

Oh my God... the Batwoman TV show actually mentioned the MCU version of Steve. Pre-Batman Detective Comics character Slam Bradley shows up, and ends up being compared to Chris Evans and nicknamed "Captain America"!
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-slam-br...ptain-america/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh my God... the Batwoman TV show actually mentioned the MCU version of Steve. Pre-Batman Detective Comics character Slam Bradley shows up, and ends up being compared to Chris Evans and nicknamed "Captain America"!
    https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-slam-br...ptain-america/
    That's awesome! Neat that a DC show is doing that.

Captain America #18 Preview...

Lots of Steve with the DoL, which is always a welcome sight. Very cool. Looking forward.

Source

Spectacular Member

Just read Cap's "Live Kree or Die" issue. Is the rest of Mark Waid's run as good as that?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Just read Cap's "Live Kree or Die" issue. Is the rest of Mark Waid's run as good as that?
    Yes. Can't go wrong with Waid. He writes an amazing Steve Rogers.

Here have some Waid. re: That time Steve found a family, down on their luck, living in his apartment while he had been away and he not only let them stay but helped them get back on their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Here have some Waid. re: That time Steve found a family, down on their luck, living in his apartment while he had been away and he not only let them stay but helped them get back on their feet.
    Continued...

Conclusion:

Spectacular Member

That's awesome. I guess that's another omnibus to put on my wishlist lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Awesome and heartwarming.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    That's awesome. I guess that's another omnibus to put on my wishlist lol.
    Fantastic! I hope you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Awesome and heartwarming.
    Waid is a good one. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings on his Avengers run, but his Cap stuff is always A+ work. He was born to write that character.

Fantastic Member

I’ve been rereading through Waid’s stuff, and it’s just so good. He’s written a lot of my favorite stories for other characters, so it is no surprise how much he nails Steve.

Today's Cap: God I hate that they brought Peggy back in this book. That whole plot thread is really starting to dampen my enjoyment of this run. Not only that but I hate that they're rushing it, because it makes it even more disjointed. Because when you're rushing to get to the end, to the point where you completely cut issues that were listed in the solicits (which they did, the solicits described an issue where Bobbi and Steve teamed up and an issue where Jess and Steve teamed up, and neither of those happened) wasting time to focus on whatever drama surrounds Peggy's return instead of focusing on the main point of this book, which is supposed to be Steve restoring the public's faith in Captain America (and his own faith in himself, I mean, however wrong it is to blame himself, his self-esteem took a hit) seems gratuitous and unnecessary.

Still, today's Cap issue wasn't entirely without merit. Steve's mad skillz at giving speeches had a chance to shine once more, so that was neat. And I love seeing Steve interact with the Daughters.

All this said, Steve in today's Avengers issue was incredible and it made me love him all the more. God I hope what looks like is going to happen, happens. Steve raising an all-powerful baby girl is an incredible thought. 100% behind new dad!Steve (who has to balance being Cap and taking care of a baby) as a plot for the next Cap run. We got a taste of it in Remenders run, but seeing it in more detail, and without the highly depressive undertones, would be awesome.
    Last edited by capandkirby; 01-29-2020 at 09:40 AM.