Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Is this a new character? Or has he appeared somewhere before?
    He was in Gerry Duggan's Infinity Watch mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He was in Gerry Duggan's Infinity Watch mini.
    Was that the mini starring Wolverine? TIA.

Steve in Captain Marvel #16...

Fantastic Member

I wonder if Ross got his gamma powers back

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm glad he's getting off BP but I'm cool for the most part with him staying on Cap.

I am worried that his Cap might fall into the same lethargic pace as his BP run but so far there's only been one dud arc.

We'll see where things go.

Yeah, hopefully everything fits together eventually.
    I’m going out on a limb and say unequivocally they need to fix the art in this book. Coates I like, his theme is fine and I’m enjoying all that connection we so needed from Secret Empire. Love the Daughters concept, glad Sam and Buck aren’t forgotten and appear to have a role here. Really nice Sharon Carter writing too. And now we have the Widow! Really, he’s checking off my to do list. But artistic chores have not been on par with his writing or this book. Imagine if Epting and Perkins were on the job, or Guice and D’Armata for a sustained run.

It's especially weird because the art in Samuél y Señor Buck's Aventuras is *chef's kiss*
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’m going out on a limb and say unequivocally they need to fix the art in this book. Coates I like, his theme is fine and I’m enjoying all that connection we so needed from Secret Empire. Love the Daughters concept, glad Sam and Buck aren’t forgotten and appear to have a role here. Really nice Sharon Carter writing too. And now we have the Widow! Really, he’s checking off my to do list. But artistic chores have not been on par with his writing or this book. Imagine if Epting and Perkins were on the job, or Guice and D’Armata for a sustained run.
    Well, I'm not sad that those specific artists aren't on the book. I'm a fan of theirs, but I feel like we've seen that Cap before. That's such a Brubaker-era art line-up.

(It's the same sort of reason I don't want Coipel back on Thor. Coipel is great! Just, we've seen him do Thor.)

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    I wonder if Ross got his gamma powers back
    That, or it was some sort of fake out. Ross was on good terms (all things considered) with Steve back in the Jeff Parker days. Even made it on the Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Was that the mini starring Wolverine? TIA.
    Yes. Wolverine and Loki trying to protect him and teach him how to control his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, I'm not sad that those specific artists aren't on the book. I'm a fan of theirs, but I feel like we've seen that Cap before. That's such a Brubaker-era art line-up.

(It's the same sort of reason I don't want Coipel back on Thor. Coipel is great! Just, we've seen him do Thor.)
    You can’t seriously like this art, really? You can’t believe an Epring or Guice might enhance this book or even committing to a Len Yu run wouldn’t make this a better book? I’m all for change, and experimentation, but let’s get quality continuity. That’s all I’m asking for. This book deserves better. For heaven’s sake you suggest someone, advocating for an Epting, a Lark or Perkins, a Guice isn’t a negative despite previously working on the book. Give Laraz a run or bring Samnee back for an extended run. This book is not getting the art it deserves, and it’s suffering.
    Last edited by tliscord; 03-20-2020 at 11:43 PM.

I’m pretty passionate about my Cap artist and now that I’ve chilled a bit what artist is your absolute favorite Cap artist? No judging here just pure fun. Over the years I’ve always had a soft spot for Sal but I recognize some of his work was pretty mundane. That said I’ll always have a soft spot for him. Kirby without a doubt but especially with Chic Stone’s inks. That brought a smile to my face. Garney, Andy Kubert, Epting, and Guice provided stunning panels, but surprisingly my favorite artist may have been Romita Sr, with Gene Colan a close second. Funny, Romita spent little time on the book but I love his Cap, both powerful but lithe, muscular enough without sacrificing fluidity and grace in battle. As an aside, Mcniven does a fabulous Steve Rogers, just saying.
    Last edited by tliscord; 03-21-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    I’m pretty passionate about my Cap artist and now that I’ve chilled a bit what artist is your absolute favorite Cap artist? No judging here just pure fun.
    My Top 3:

1. Jack Kirby

2. Jim Lee

3. Ron Garney

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My Top 3:

1. Jack Kirby

2. Jim Lee

3. Ron Garney
    That second one almost looks like Andy Kubert! Garney was extraordinary! My personal favorite is from Operation Rebirth.
    F421C904-6E03-4081-9118-94FD521BF3B8.jpg

Tales of Suspense 66. Cap by Kirby and Stone. These panels are amazing
    8308EDC8-969A-45B8-B8CF-4114BF89658A.jpg