Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Steve Rogers backstory question.

In some places I see that 616 Steve’s parents were Irish immigrants who came to the United States in the early 20th century. Making Steve 1st genration American.

But in other places, I see that Steve had an ancestor also named Steve Rogers who fought in the Revolutionary War.

So which one is it?
    The Revolutionary War ancestor was retconned out of existence (they haven’t been mentioned since Waid’s Sentinel of Liberty run in the late 1990’s). Steve is first generation American born, the son of Irish immigrants (this page is from Cap vol. 7, Remender’s run).

Last edited by capandkirby; 05-11-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Timm drawing Marvel is always a treat .
    Agreed. I still remember how much I enjoyed his version of the Avengers (too bad that it was only a one-shot, though):

Mighty Member

When I was a young lad reading comics, I could not remember Cap ever losing to another street level combatant so let's see Cap, with lack of better up, beat other top level fighters ups. Up first is Daredevil who Cap literally beat with two punches in the Streets of poison storyline when Cap get exposed to the drug ICE and it bonds with his Super Soldier Serum. Cap basically becomes an @$$hole!!

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Now in the story it has DD not at his best due to not training and he can land on Cap but he is just too durable, fast and strong for DD. Cap literally knock him out with two punches. That's right 2 punches. I can't find the next page when Cap hits him behind the head for the KO. And DD is considered a accomplished weight lifter and its has been written that he is skilled enough a boxing to be heavyweight champ. And Cap just shrugs of his shots.

My two favorite Marvel heroes. Hate seeing them fight or disagree. They're so similar to each other, they'd work great together.

Mighty Member

Cap vs Wolverine: The use to be rare matchup most comic book fans wanted to see. The super soldier vs the unstoppable killing machine. Here is the matchup from Avengers vs X-Men:

cap vs wolverine 1.jpg

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

The match gets cut short due to Giant Man's interference. Cap jus wants to get the job done and not prove who's the best. On the next page he kicks him out the plan.

cap vs wolverine 3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Cap vs Wolverine: The use to be rare matchup most comic book fans wanted to see. The super soldier vs the unstoppable killing machine. Here is the matchup from Avengers vs X-Men:

cap vs wolverine 1.jpg
    The match gets cut short due to Giant Man's interference. Cap jus wants to get the job done and not prove who's the best. On the next page he kicks him out the plan.

cap vs wolverine 3.jpg
    Great sequence, taozen. But don't forget the Mike Zeck version:

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

What would you guys say is Captain America’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Red Skull, Baron Zemo, HYDRA, U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M., Secret Empire, Batroc ze Lee-pair, Solarr, the Porcupine, the Animus, Serpent Society, Scorpion, Mister Hyde, Scarecrow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    The Revolutionary War ancestor was retconned out of existence (they haven’t been mentioned since Waid’s Sentinel of Liberty run in the late 1990’s). Steve is first generation American born, the son of Irish immigrants (this page is from Cap vol. 7, Remender’s run).

was the irish immigrant thing brought up before?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    was the irish immigrant thing brought up before?
    Yes. DeMatteis also addresses it in his run (early 1980’s). But since it’s been a part of Steve’s identity for as long as I can remember, I’m probably forgetting at least half a dozen other writers who have brought it up or referenced it in passing, it’s just that Remender and DeMatteis are the two immediate instances that stand out in my head, because their runs focused heavily (at times) on Steve’s childhood.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    What would you guys say is Captain America’s rogues gallery? One example I’ve seen:

Red Skull, Baron Zemo, HYDRA, U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M., Secret Empire, Batroc ze Lee-pair, Solarr, the Porcupine, the Animus, Serpent Society, Scorpion, Mister Hyde, Scarecrow
    You forgot Arnim Zola, Dr Faustus, Sin and Crossbones.

Not to mention, all the Anti-Caps: William Burnside, Protocide, Nuke (shares with Daredevil), HydraCap.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

You forgot Arnim Zola, Dr Faustus, Sin and Crossbones.

Not to mention, all the Anti-Caps: William Burnside, Protocide, Nuke (shares with Daredevil), HydraCap.
    Since U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. has already been mentioned, their founder/leader shouldn't be ignored...

Flag Smasher

Also, don't forget...

Primus

Another memorable enemy would be...

Scourge of the Underworld!

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-17-2020 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Added words.