Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Glad to hear it was a good issue.. the series has been a little slow for me (mostly because I get to the shop only once every couple of months or so).. but I'm excited to read this weekend
    Yeah bro, Coates writing can be slow. He has a poetry with words that run pretty long. But it's still poetic and deep.

As for the story itself, I agree with previous posts, it was great to see things from Sharon's POV. When Selene had Sharon in her clutches, I thought that there would be the trope of Steve saving Sharon at the last minute. However, it quickly became apparent to me this is a Sharon focused story. Awesome to see her get of out these things mostly through her own ways (with Toni's help of course).

I'm glad to see Sharon turn young again. Now, let me contextualize that by saying I was fine with her being of an older age. We don't see many elderly women in comics, or in other media in general, playing a vital, active role (Yeah, there's Aunt May, but Aunt May doesn't really fight the bad guys, right). But Sharon's reasoning, her sense of loss, of unfairness, the audience really roots for her to get that youth back. So yes I think that was a good decision.

In any case, a short, but entertaining issue. Great job!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    This issue ended great for me, and I love Sharon POV. What I love about inner monologues is that they end up revealing new bits of characterization, such as you can argue Sharon is a sports fan based the examples she used. It also makes me want a mini with her. Maybe one will drop around FATWS?

Other notes for this issue:

• Krakoa was finally acknowledged. Selena seems to be involed with Apocalype in X of Swords and Excalibur, so this story seems to have no bearing with her. Then again, she was brought in before Dawn of X, so I guess it makes sense.
    • Next issue features the Skull, and we still haven't fully dealt with Ross. Is Coates staying of past 25? That feels like a lot to deal with in 2 issues.
    • Sharon owes Shuri a very, very nice gift basket.
    Coates is on the solicitation for #26. It's his Black Panther run that ended at 25
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    Finally after 6 years they returned Sharon to her youth. I can’t believe it took so long
    end of spoilers
    Like!
    Can't say it's been a fun ride, though I do like the personal development.
    Coates did showcase this very well with the internal monolouge.
    Think this is the only good thing with this run.

Since there is some curiosity in how long the current run will last, who would you guys like to see as the next creative team? If the run were to end at 30 let's say.. who is your dream team to come on next?

Since there is some curiosity in how long the current run will last, who would you guys like to see as the next creative team? If the run were to end at 30 let's say.. who is your dream team to come on next?
    Christopher Priest as soon as he's done with U.S. Agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    spoilers:
    Finally after 6 years they returned Sharon to her youth. I can’t believe it took so long
    end of spoilers
    I’m not really surprised. I thought that would happen.

I know it’s obviously a long shot, but Snyder expressed interest in wring Cap. And I like a lot of his stuff, mainly Court of Owls. I think he’d do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I’ve always liked the way Priest portrayed Cap when he wrote him. I especially remember a pretty touching moment between Cap and Panther waaaaaay back when Preist wrote Black Panther.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

It would definitely be an easy transition. Bring Checchetto over to do covers too

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I know it’s obviously a long shot, but Snyder expressed interest in wring Cap. And I like a lot of his stuff, mainly Court of Owls. I think he’d do a good job.

I’ve always liked the way Priest portrayed Cap when he wrote him. I especially remember a pretty touching moment between Cap and Panther waaaaaay back when Preist wrote Black Panther.
    Yeah, Snyder/Capullo on Captain America would be so cool. Loved their Batman run. Even the crazy arc where Gordon becomes Batman. I think Snyder has the skills to take Cap to those weird places like Remender but also drive home that military thriller theme and stay grounded.

It would definitely be an easy transition. Bring Checchetto over to do covers too

Yeah, Snyder/Capullo on Captain America would be so cool. Loved their Batman run. Even the crazy arc where Gordon becomes Batman. I think Snyder has the skills to take Cap to those weird places like Remender but also drive home that military thriller theme and stay grounded.
    You summed up my feelings almost exactly.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Phoenix Captain, huh? That's gonna be an interesting one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Priest and Checchetto(interiors too)? You trying to take my money?

Priest and Checchetto(interiors too)? You trying to take my money?
    No no no. Just... trying to get Marvel to do the right thing to take your money.

hmm... so while Cap has these powers, if Sam shows up, it's the Phoenix and the Falcon? Nice.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Who's read the latest Miles Morales: Spider-Man? Because Captain America made an appearance there . . . and it was fire. I'll try not to spoil for anyone who hasn't read it, but to say the least . . . Saladin Ahmed really captures Cap's voice and values.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Who's read the latest Miles Morales: Spider-Man? Because Captain America made an appearance there . . . and it was fire. I'll try not to spoil for anyone who hasn't read it, but to say the least . . . Saladin Ahmed really captures Cap's voice and values.
    I wonder how this story arc would play out in real life...