Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    True enough, which gives the impression that Marvel as a whole or a company wasn't that interested or invested in Sam-Cap, or "Captain Falcon," after the videogame character of the same name.
    Well, they were also scrambling to respond to the controversy over HydraCap.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    all secret empire discourse from 2017 ignored sam, the POC main character of the entire run, to discuss steve, who is overall an inactive supporting character, and stevil, the villain, it was embarassing
    I'm late replying, but I couldn't agree more. I always would reply to people that Marvel didn't make Captain America a Nazi. Sam Wilson stayed perfectly fine throughout the entire story from beginning to end. It was actually point number three of a thread I started. Nick Spencer's Captain America run is about Sam Wilson and I think people didn't understand that or forgot it for Secret Empire.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm late replying, but I couldn't agree more. I always would reply to people that Marvel didn't make Captain America a Nazi. Sam Wilson stayed perfectly fine throughout the entire story from beginning to end. It was actually point number three of a thread I started. Nick Spencer's Captain America run is about Sam Wilson and I think people didn't understand that or forgot it for Secret Empire.
    I'd personally think they just didn't care that much for Sam Wilson, since to them, Captain America was still (and would always be) Steve Rogers, so Steve Rogers going HYDRA, even if it turned out to be a Cosmic Cube-created copy (which wasn't revealed until the end), infuriated them, especially since --- as I said previously --- some of them probably thought it was just a stunt to put Sam over as "the better Cap" at Steve's expense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.