Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Captain America: The End preview...
    Continued...

Very Kirby-esque. Looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think a book for her during the TV series set after WW2 would have been interesting. Bring back appearances of the characters from that era. How would Peggy have reacted to Naslund and Mace wearing Steve's costume?
    I know they did a mini with Peggy to tie-in to the TV show by Kathryn Immonen...I forget if it was set after WWII.

Man did these panels elicit feelings. I don't think I've ever 'awwwwww'-ed so quickly or efficiently at a comic before...

ME: Baby characters in floating timelines serve no purpose and should stop being created

ME AFTER READING THIS ISSUE: Starbaby and Papa Steve need their own mini. She can have Ian's room.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    ME: Baby characters in floating timelines serve no purpose and should stop being created

ME AFTER READING THIS ISSUE: Starbaby and Papa Steve need their own mini. She can have Ian's room.
    This is a level of dark humor I appreciate. Of course, for that to happen, Steve would have to remember Ian ever existed. Someday, Ian will leave that elevator with his symbiote-infected AU sister and be "WTF, Dad?"

But seriously, Steve and Starbaby are too friggin' cute.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    This is a level of dark humor I appreciate. Of course, for that to happen, Steve would have to remember Ian ever existed. Someday, Ian will leave that elevator with his symbiote-infected AU sister and be "WTF, Dad?"

But seriously, Steve and Starbaby are too friggin' cute.
    There were a couple of plot points from Remender's run that I'd love to see brought up again and explored further, like this one...

re: Steve is, essentially, immortal or at least ages very, very slowly. At least as long as he has the super soldier serum. Not sure why Marvel isn't addressing Ian, or Steve's immortality. It's weird that the only lasting effect from Remender's run is Sharon's age.

Fantastic Member

There were a couple of plot points from Remender's run that I'd love to see brought up again and explored further, like this one...

re: Steve is, essentially, immortal or at least ages very, very slowly. At least as long as he has the super soldier serum. Not sure why Marvel isn't addressing Ian, or Steve's immortality. It's weird that the only lasting effect from Remender's run is Sharon's age.
    The potential immortality is such an interesting thread to play with, especially with how it influences his relationships and character study.

I've also wondered if his slow aging was implied in this section as well, with a normal Steve crying over a dying, older woman. I could have been wrong in my interpretation, but grouped as it was, I sort of assumed it was Sharon who was dying. Could be someone else, and I might just be forgetting something too.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    The potential immortality is such an interesting thread to play with, especially with how it influences his relationships and character study.

I've also wondered if his slow aging was implied in this section as well, with a normal Steve crying over a dying, older woman. I could have been wrong in my interpretation, but grouped as it was, I sort of assumed it was Sharon who was dying. Could be someone else, and I might just be forgetting something too.
    I'm actually really fascinated by the story potential here, too. It's very Highlander (without the 'there can only be one' aspect). And it would be so easy to tie-in to the current run because age is already a theme. You have Selene as a villain, who is, also, immortal. You have had Sharon, early on, express dissatisfaction with her age, and you have a version of Peggy appear (still not convinced she's of the 616) who is once again young and vibrant. I mean honestly there is not a better time to bring it up.

And yeah, I just assumed that was Sharon in that spread as well.

I'm actually really fascinated by the story potential here, too. It's very Highlander (without the 'there can only be one' aspect). And it would be so easy to tie-in to the current run because age is already a theme. You have Selene as a villain, who is, also, immortal. You have had Sharon, early on, express dissatisfaction with her age, and you have a version of Peggy appear (still not convinced she's of the 616) who is once again young and vibrant. I mean honestly there is not a better time to bring it up.

And yeah, I just assumed that was Sharon in that spread as well.
    Also, in a way, Steve's immortality plays into Kirby and Simon basing Steve off of the Golem of Prague mythos (skinny!Steve was the raw material, the super soldier serum and the vita rays the magic, with the end result being a defender for the marginalized, built to fight oppression). So there's an interesting tie, there, as well. Because a golem has to be around to defend the poor and the ostracized whenever he is needed, no matter the time he finds himself in. It's his purpose. I just find the whole thing so fascinating.

Just finished CoatesCap #18. Boy has this series nosedived, I wish they'd let Coates' contract expire. He's in charge of, and failing at writing, my two all time favorite characters.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I'm confused. There was already a young Captain America super fan who went on to try and fight crime. I certainly hope Mark Gruenwald gets credited somewhere in this.

I'm confused. There was already a young Captain America super fan who went on to try and fight crime. I certainly hope Mark Gruenwald gets credited somewhere in this.

Awesome! A classic from Gruenwald's run, featuring Holly Riddley (one of my favorite supporting characters & potential love interests for Cap). It's just too bad the relationship didn't go any further than the "dinner/conversation" stage.

now i'm reminded of the the last ram scene from the end of gru's run and i'm sad

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Man did these panels elicit feelings. I don't think I've ever 'awwwwww'-ed so quickly or efficiently at a comic before...

What is this from?

so does the Natural have any super-abilities or he's just trained really well? How old is he supposed to be?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so does the Natural have any super-abilities or he's just trained really well? How old is he supposed to be?
    Too early to say. The character has not appeared in-story yet.