View Poll Results: Who do you want to see more of in 2020?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Candra

15 12.50%
  • Cassandra Nova

20 16.67%
  • Deathbird

34 28.33%
  • Dragoness

22 18.33%
  • Hordeculture

23 19.17%
  • Lady Deathstrike

22 18.33%
  • The Mastermind Sisters

36 30.00%
  • Phantazia

23 19.17%
  • Sat-Yr-9

20 16.67%
  • Selene

58 48.33%
  • Spiral

42 35.00%
  • Unuscione

29 24.17%
  • Vertigo

22 18.33%
  • Zaladane

24 20.00%
  • Other

23 19.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Selene, Maddy, and Deathbird are the ones I’d most like to see spotlighted, but the Mastermind sisters and Spiral would be good too. Hordeculture will no doubt show up again, and I can’t wait.

The real question on everyone's lips is... Where's Pink Pearl?

edcbd5aa7f3c3a224f42be85041c1fda.jpg

She didn't she have a reality tv show...

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

All-New Member

Some great x-villains on the list, but I would be particularly interested in seeing Amelia Voght (who I’ve always found very interesting and compelling as a character) and Scanner (who I always thought had so much potential.

Not exactly villains in the purest sense of the word, but I would love to see how these two fit in the post Dawn of X world nevertheless!

I want to see Spiral the most.

I remembered to voted for Spiral, the Mastermind Sisters, and Uniscione.

I forgot to cast a vote for other. Those would have been for Sarafina from the Children of the Vault, the female Acolytes, and Briar Raliegh. At least I believe that Raliegh still counts as a villain.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I demand Moira be included on this list.

Also: where is Mystique? Madelyn Pryor? Come on now. The list is half total obscure characters lol....

Voting went to Selene #1 with Spiral and Mastermind Sis's #2 shared. Makes sense. Spiral is barely a villain wasn't she on an XForce team alongside Storm recently? Plus if we go by the canon she used to be Ricochet Rita, Longshot's female buddy, and she is herself a victim of Mojo as much as, if not more so, than anybody else.

We could also include that new female scientist in Orchis.

I voted for Hordeculture but it was with a conflicted heart since honestly they don't do much for me.

Also voted for Deathbird but the way she is portrayed in New Mutants currently um. Yeah not even villainous at all so far.

I miss the glory we could have had with Emma Frost back in Hellfire and with a possible Monet alongside her. Marauders is whitewashing her and draining Hellfire itself of all menace. But maybe I'm wrong and it'll become more threatening although it does NOT look that way. Seduction of Kitty Pryde into a quasi villain = yes please.

Polaris drawing inspiration from her father and choosing to serve Moira, becoming a fanatic dedicating to Krakoan supremacy/survival at all costs especially due to her unique trauma on Genosha? Nodding furiously.

We could also use Frenzy to come back ! We have Exodus right there let's bring back Frenzy, although again she is, like Spiral, not so much a "villain with capital V" anymore. More grey.

So yeah I think of Emma/Kitty/Polaris/Frenzy/Monet/Spiral as more morally grey characters who can serve as quasi villains in situations.

Selene and Maddy Pryor are the Big Bitches as it were who could be global threats. Comparable to an Apocalypse/Sinister type character.

Raven is more of a tragic anti villain to me, especially given her motivation to get back to her lost romantic partner Irene. (Which sets her up vs Moira who is also a huge potential villain now)

Mastermind Sisters eh, they're ok but not that big a deal. Hordeculture brand new and frankly not impressed. The scientist lady of Orchi (I think her name is Dr Gregory?) has potential but as a pure human, mmmmm. Idk.

Forgot to mention KARIMA the Omega Sentinel. That is a good choice, with some tragedy spliced in as well

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Those would have been for Sarafina from the Children of the Vault, the female Acolytes, and Briar Raliegh. At least I believe that Raliegh still counts as a villain.
    OMG I forgot about Serafina. Good one for sure she is way up there now. As for Briar I also want her to return but I doubt she will since she was Bunn's OC and other authors probably don't care enough, plus like you indicate she wouldn't really count as an antagonist in this status quo. Unless we just meant "ethically challenged" but yeah her nature as a pro mutant human is good, we need some of those. Not the anonymous mindless cultists but actual characters.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 01-09-2020 at 07:43 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I left Mystique off because of course she's already been prominently featured for 2020.

Spiral is definitely a villain. Maybe not Apocalypse-levels of evil, but if you read her 80's and 90's appearances she's a straight up psycho in the best possible ways. Unlike Frenzy, who has actually reformed and been a longtime X-Men member.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I left Mystique off because of course she's already been prominently featured for 2020.

Spiral is definitely a villain. Maybe not Apocalypse-levels of evil, but if you read her 80's and 90's appearances she's a straight up psycho in the best possible ways. Unlike Frenzy, who has actually reformed and been a longtime X-Men member.
    Spiral has psychotic energy for sure but she was on X-Force recently, someone posted a panel of her "getting her soul back " and escaping Mojo's influence apparently ( i never knew this even happened ! ) so at this point I really think she is NOT a villain. 80s 90s is 80s 90s.

That aside I have another suggestion:

"Esmabby". The fusion of Esme Cuckoo with Gabby which occurred in the recent X-23 book. WHAT A GENIUS IDEA!!! They ruined her like within 2 issues of it happening but WOW. The aesthetics of it, the attitude, the swagger levels. Everything perfect for a female villain. The sweet innocent little Gabby's mind gets obliterated and her soul is stolen by the deeply twisted Esme Cuckoo. :Chef's kiss:

Esme is back now supposedly but with seemingly no individuated personality? What's up with THAT.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Spiral has psychotic energy for sure but she was on X-Force recently, someone posted a panel of her "getting her soul back " and escaping Mojo's influence apparently ( i never knew this even happened ! ) so at this point I really think she is NOT a villain. 80s 90s is 80s 90s.
    Sure, Jan.

Mah gurl Briquette got a shout out by X-Men editor Chris Robinson. When the roundtable of editors were asked what their favorite villains are, Robinson replied:

Briquette. Keep reading in 2020 to see why!
    Get it, Bricky!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Spiral is barely a villain wasn't she on an XForce team alongside Storm recently? Plus if we go by the canon she used to be Ricochet Rita, Longshot's female buddy, and she is herself a victim of Mojo as much as, if not more so, than anybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Spiral is definitely a villain. Maybe not Apocalypse-levels of evil, but if you read her 80's and 90's appearances she's a straight up psycho in the best possible ways.
    Someone can be a victim and a villain at the same time. I agree Rita is not a villain, despite being pretty much addicted to adrenaline and 'too wild to useful to society'. Spiral is, though, because her suffering under Mojo's torture was so strong that it filled her with bitterness, rancor, hatred and a great bunch of sadism.

Abused become abusers quite often.

Mr & Mrs X #10

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Someone can be a victim and a villain at the same time. I agree Rita is not a villain, despite being pretty much addicted to adrenaline and 'too wild to useful to society'. Spiral is, though, because her suffering under Mojo's torture was so strong that it filled her with bitterness, rancor, hatred and a great bunch of sadism.

Abused become abusers quite often.
    I completely get that, and some of the best comic book villains are victims of abuse or their standings in society. Magneto, for example, has an incredibly tragic backstory. That doesn't make him any less of a villain, though. Spiral is certainly a villain by comic book standards. I've never said she's flat-out evil, but she is definitely a villain/antagonist of the X-Men and should remain that way (considering the X-Men have such a low amount of prominent female baddies).

Nobody who has done what Spiral has done in the past, abused or not, can be considered to be anything but a villain.

(And I say all this as a huge Spiral fan, mind you.)

My only answer to this or similar polls will be Selene. More Deathstrike is also okay but really Selene.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Selene is number one. An X-Villain on a level with Apocalyse, Magneto and Sinister, power-wise, and yet not derivative, like Cassandra Nova (who is, more or less, a gender-swapped 'evil Professor X'). I like how her mutation is kind of all one thing, and not a random grab-bag of powers (like Exodus...), the ability to transfer life-force from others to herself, to strengthen herself, or to transfer it back to other people, to 'infect' them with her condition, or to transfer it to objects / matter, to animate it under her control. Add in centuries of practice with these stunts, and sorcery, and she's pretty amazing and versatile!

But yeah, I'd also like to see more of Deathbird, the Mastermind sisters, Phantazia, Dragoness, Unuscione and Tempo! (Tempo was my 'Other' choice, although I'd also throw Joanna Cargill/Frenzy in there as well, if she's still considered a villain...)
    This is something that should be reinforced, many mutants go to the boring and vague route of "energy manipulation""energy absorption""psionic energy" ect...

Is cool when you can identify clearly the power of the mutant, i dont mind secondary mutations, but there is always the primary one that it should be the trademark.

On-Topic, we really need more female villains, better if they are mutant.
    I think Krakoa suits the mutant villains in different ways but Selene is the one that feels more out of place, almost like Sinister.

Her ultimate goal is always about herself and she has power to back her up.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 01-14-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Perfect time to bring Kali back

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules