Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Plus now, MOVIE Harley Quinn has bitten off so much of Dazzler's style it's kinda fucky. Like they're dropping the ball on this cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Plus now, MOVIE Harley Quinn has bitten off so much of Dazzler's style it's kinda fucky. Like they're dropping the ball on this cash cow.
    Plus adding in the black canary vibe that morphed into dazzler in recent years with her singing and band...

I think part of Dazzler's problem is her original design was based on a very specific time period and all subsequent updates are too. Even during her solo series when her look changed it was for whatever was trendy at the moment, so despite her longevity she easily appears dated. They've tried to go with that and make her a retro disco queen, or a trance diva, or punk rocker, but in the world of comics where no one ever ages it makes all the various styles seem inauthentic. She's not like Storm where you can always change her costume and hair around to make her look contemporary without altering the core feeling of the character.

Were it up too me despite being a mutant I'd make Dazzler the main musical celebrity for the entire Marvel universe, that occasionally has adventures with the X-Men and I wouldn't alter that. All her dreams of wealth and stardom she had originally would come true and she'd be a superhero on the side. That is until the Enchantress or Sentinels or S.H.I.E.L.D. or something knocks on her door and starts trouble with her. And yeah, Harley Quinn totally stole her roller derby m.o.

Last edited by Koriand'r; 03-05-2020 at 12:17 AM.

https://www.cbr.com/x-force-artist-names-dazzlers-band/

“Dazzler and the Resurrections.”

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/x-force-artist-names-dazzlers-band/

“Dazzler and the Resurrections.”
    She needs to do a "Boy with Luv" type collab with a resurrected DJ and his own boy band.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post

I think part of Dazzler's problem is her original design was based on a very specific time period and all subsequent updates are too. Even during her solo series when her look changed it was for whatever was trendy at the moment, so despite her longevity she easily appears dated. They've tried to go with that and make her a retro disco queen, or a trance diva, or punk rocker, but in the world of comics where no one ever ages it makes all the various styles seem inauthentic. She's not like Storm where you can always change her costume and hair around to make her look contemporary without altering the core feeling of the character.

Were it up too me despite being a mutant I'd make Dazzler the main musical celebrity for the entire Marvel universe, that occasionally has adventures with the X-Men and I wouldn't alter that. All her dreams of wealth and stardom she had originally would come true and she'd be a superhero on the side. That is until the Enchantress or Sentinels or S.H.I.E.L.D. or something knocks on her door and starts trouble with her. And yeah, Harley Quinn totally stole her roller derby m.o.

That's not true, imo. All they need to do (or should have done) to keep Dazzler up to date is style her after whatever the prevailing image of pop stars is at the time. I agree that she should be used as Marvel's main musical celebrity, I always wanted the X-Men to use her basically as positive mutant PR.

ugh! Dazzler is just the most wonderfully romantic book that's ever come out because its a love story between a woman and her career- her art! anyhow- i could go on.

I like that Dazzler has such a niche but totally relatable pov in the larger marvel universe. She supports her own book very easily. She has dangling plot lines galore that weave into the fabric of the 616 especially between certain silver age heroes of a certain affiliation, which it cute af!

i like her Stupid Sexy Flanders meme and the meta textual publication history of hers and how they related it in the book itself through certain hardships for the character. bold, sirs.

i like that Dazzler actually triumphs as a well to do white girl who learns about how the Marvel World she lives in does not give one hot **** about any of her privilege and exosed her to some of the most heart wrenching dark emotional bs that they could throws at a character and still this bitch soldiered the **** on. like life left he a buncha neck scars, and beast rubbing lipstick in her face and calling her a coon- and she literally glows up. yas mythology!

i like how being a dazzler fan is an ACTIVE FANSHIP bcuz you can liken any culmination of pop or musical talent to frankenstein this awesome dazzler performer in your head canon and sometimes pop stars DO be dressing like Dazzler, and yes gawd dazzler should be a trendy fabulous character with a big ass personality, who loves herself the most at the end of the day- and she takes CARE OF HERSELF. and she show you HOW. DAZZLER LITERALLY TAKES MORE BATH AND SHOWERS THAN ANY CHARACTER IN THE MSRVEL UNIVERSE ON GOD!

i like that she's glorious, sometimes.

she's like a song. in fact i prefer when they wrote hder dialogue as being kind of poetic in her early books, it was good choice and showed her soul.

i like a lot of things about this homegirl. she's a hero for the hopeless. she ginds a way to save her own damn self, but she's got great friends from all over the mu that love and support her. she's such a unique perspective in the mu, that her story continues as well...

that being said, if she were in a book a premise could be a kind of cultural archieologist- urban tomb raider kind of vibe? imagine being Dazzler and loving being able to not give a **** about a lot of the world that did not five a **** about you but ate up yuur music. and that"s also an aspect of the series- appropriation, still exploitation as always in a Dazzler book, but say- Dazzler is situatced in her own multi port crash pad/ "safe-space" that is kinda like moira"s no place but for a tight crew of super people that absolutely need a reprieve from the world in the way that staying at Dazzler's super secret crash pad can cure. it's invite only and key cards are made by the doorkeepers Strong Guy and Ariel.

there are various environments, like portable zoom rooms where one can find rest and diversion as Leila of course lends a dysonsphere to the design capabilites of hive-dazzler-plex. inside the innermost sanctum is the studio in which Dazzler is linked to the sounds loops and beats she creates almost unconsciously. obsessed always with creation. her studio is kind of a sexy bug room- there's plether sofas that denizens of this dj -set never really here as it's completely bone quiet in the atmosphere, even your own buzzing nostrils inhaling and exhaling cannot be registered. this is Dazzler's sanctum santorum. only the best get to crash on the plether sofa. tigra, she hulk, spider man, misty knight, squirel girl, all the a-force babes, BUT NEVER FELICIA FUCKING HARDY! **** THAT BITCH SHE KNOWS WHAT SHE DID!!

also- i think of DAzzler as yes, in a world where scientists and superheroes, and literal space royalty are celebrities, is also this huge celebrity! like how iconic is your music and your notoriously insane live performances that you are that famous and half the world doesnt even know if you're alive rn or not...?

either way an update to her story could be that she discovers someone has like stolen her "sound" or literally her music from an old project she'd been working on that were literally the sounds downloaded from her old suit, that stored and recorded sound. the professor hand stitched it. lol. anyhow, so like whoevr is live mixing her music on this phantom channel has absolutley created a new wave of music off her **** and its mad popular. but like those are her loops, her tracks her music her sound art. what remained from the period where she and the x-men were unrecordable and underground. it was a diary as much as an album. for that she obviously seeks to go down the rabbit hole, that brings her ever closer to the more ferocious side of her nature, flips the narrative as she is this hero, now, that becomes a reluctant pop star as she navigates a new world.

her mutant story of identity politics deals a lot with passability, femininity, the bechdel test, rock and roll, sex, drugs, disposable cuture, mutant culture, and the other cultural phenomenons she gets introduced to on the way down, up, and all around in the world. she should be like this badass person that's literally discovering ways mutant culture has shaped the world they live in and what that looks like and how far it goes, and meeting enclaves of people that are inspired by these thngs, and her discovering how much of mutant culture and it's contributors has been suppressed nad that in this new world it's not enough to ressurrect people, but as Krakoa's chief cultural Ambassador, DAzzler makes it a point to preserve these things and fights to preserve them in the world and larger consciousness! she uses her live performances to infiltrate! her fnbase mystifies as it seems to be the one place where all races and beings can find harmony in the MU. we get reintroduced to updates of her rogue's gallery, we get her changing mad outfits and looking cute and being competent. we see a confident Dazzler. our favorite dazzler. we get strawberry blonde or we burn **** down.

we get to see dazzler go some very niche places and yeah maybe we see her use her celebrity open some doors that neeeeeeed to be opened no matter the trouble. a dazzler makes mistakes but rolls with the punches! give her some tony stark on his fuckboy **** roller skates that stark tech fold into a cute boot situation. give her all the accessories! lol. trust me, she is really hilarious when you just push the high femme schtick. but like hard femme. she kick you in the face with roller skates on nd now she does roller capoiera so... thanks Lifeguard.

there are brand new artsy, music related gangsters, and tech boys, and Dazzler also meets like very serious situation where theres actually a group of like art snobs that literally wants to erase "mutant art" off the face of the planet, like literally erase it telepathically from people's meories, burn all evidence of it and the artists or creatives that have contributed to establishing a mutant cultural impact, artistically, and on that list is definitely Dazzler, Colossus, Mystique, Kenji, etc... and Dazzler takes it upon herself to kind of look out for their intellectual properties with the legal aid of matt murdock etc.. i dunno bitch has friends.

and yes it should be dazzler all tomb raiding through various metroplis settings in nightlife, through dark places, in mojoverse, on motorcycles, living on the dizzying edge of society that only the super famous but woefully wwary Ali Blaire can describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Morlock View Post
    Plus adding in the black canary vibe that morphed into dazzler in recent years with her singing and band...
    That whole Tarr/Fletcher/Stewart/Wu Black Canary series would have been a much better Dazzler book rather than all the twisting of Dinah’s character. Alison has pretty much every archetype of character already in her stable. Instead of Bo Maeve, Lois London could have served the same function with more relevance because of her history with Dazz.
    Burns me every time I think of that missed opportunity.

I imagine a Tarr/Wu interpretation of Dazz might go more in the punk direction that Ben Caldwell took her in A-Force. And I ain’t too mad about that...

Do u ship Dazzler with Morbius, Punisher, or Johhny Blaze?

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Do u ship Dazzler with Morbius, Punisher, or Johhny Blaze?
    Not really.
    But of those 3, Johnny Blaze because : motorcycle + circus rock n roll lifestyle is most compatible, unless Morbius embraces his glam rock potential and goes all Lestat.

The romancey parts of the Dazzler comics were essential and her series implied these crushes various marvel heroes had on her because it solidified her unique perspective on the MU- iconic heroes acting dumb as **** when they tryna slide into her DM's.

Any shippers wanna talk who they see dazzler joking up with in our vicarious imaginations?

I feel like Dazzler/Punisher would be like a marvel response Harley/Joker . potentially healthier but I can see it being very volatile.
    dazzler and möbius feels like yin and yang...introspective and introspective..****** of both worlds . Id be very down to see it play out

Dua Lipa tapped into her inner Dazzler for her new album. She stays inspiring the girls.