Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Art by one of my absolute faves, Tula Lotay
    This is stunning.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey DazzlerS -- does anyone know of a site that documents Ali's feats? I JUST learned about a SWEET (and I'm sorry to admit, unexpected) application of her powers -- using ECHOLOCATION during the X-Treme X-Men title, when she was reality hopping, taking down floating Xavier heads.

I was floored.

Can anyone help me out? I need to know about MOAR creative uses please and thank you!!!!

QUESTION: Dazzler can absorb sound. Can she basically creep around without anyone hearing her, by absorbing all the noise she might otherwise make??
    I don't think there are any sites documenting all her different power feats, unfortunately. I'm going strictly off memory because I haven't read the books in a while:

To my knowledge, echo-location has only been seen in Xtreme X-Men vol 2.

She was utilizing holographs as early as Dazzler #6 or 7 (IIRC) -- she created a very basic tank to trick the Hulk. I don't think that was further expanded on until Age of Apocalypse (Amazing X-Men series) where her ability to generate hard-light holographs allowed her to function as a Danger Room for the X-Men & she could also conjure images (like Jean & Logan) capable of fooling the Sentinel's sensors. She had also apparently developed the ability to project her holographic image across great distances also utilizing sound (& was able to hear the person she was speaking to) -- this was never explained at all, but she was the only one serving as a long-distance communicator on the team so its implied it wasn't due to technology. The Eve of Destruction story arc, X-treme X-Men vol 2 & A-Force also furthered her hard-light hologram abilities. In New Excalibur she occasionally created hard-light weapon constructs.

Forcefields haven't had a lot of application from Dazzler, although she did use them to deflect projectiles in the end of the Dazzler solo series & X-Men and Spider-Man #2

As far as sound -- at the end of the Dazzler solo series she could redirect the absorbed/stored sound back out of her body as pure force (almost like Black Canary's sonic scream), but I don't recall it being used since. She has never used sound absorption for stealth, although canon examples of her abilities would make that entirely feasible. In UXM (#222 or 223, I think) she was absorbing the sound of a whole beach area (conversations, boomboxes, etc) -- the only known limitation is that she cannot absorb her own voice. In A-Force (final arc) she revealed that her ability to absorb sound has also given her heightened hearing -- she was able to hear the spell coordinates Nico muttered under her breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    As far as sound -- at the end of the Dazzler solo series she could redirect the absorbed/stored sound back out of her body as pure force (almost like Black Canary's sonic scream), but I don't recall it being used since.
    She used it in Goldballs/Egg's house when she went to recruit him for SHIELD in Bendis's Uncanny and against Black Bolt in the only good part of IvX

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Art by one of my absolute faves, Tula Lotay
    get them on an ongoing series.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

y'know given the sliding timescale, Ali's silver jumpsuit makes sense because she was probably one of those American Apparel girls in the early mid 2000's who wore deep v cut silver jumpsuits to parties etc..

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

She could also be like Britney and do an "homage" to Elvis with the silver/white jumpsuit. There are many ways to have it be her iconic look with the sliding timescale.

For IvX I don't know if she was releasing force or if she was doing a point blank photon blast which have been shown to be extremely powerful throughout her history. Regardless it was very effective at her showing her strength.

Someone up thread mentioned her shields/deflection abilities and I know she used them in early issues of New Excalibur and has on other occasions, but nothing as grandiose as in her series.

I just want her used again soon! Also I want Russell Dauterman to draw her!
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

art by Magickmarker

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker

Lol...stop it. Though, I would be cool with a Alex and Alison pairing.

This might be premature but it looks like Dazzler is coming to Future Fight!

Any idea which superstar is about to shine on stage?

You'll be able to meet her soon.

Not only is she musically gifted, but she's also a long time Super Hero!
    If you're curious about who we're going to introduce next, be sure to check out the next news!

Thank you.

ETA: Its definitely her. On Twitter, the tease talks about the singer being dazzling
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-06-2020 at 08:10 AM.

This has to be the most Dazzler video to ever exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73F...ture=emb_title

Here's her in game model. Odd that they went with her original costume from the 80s, instead of a modern one

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    This has to be the most Dazzler video to ever exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73F...ture=emb_title
    very much that!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Here's her in game model. Odd that they went with her original costume from the 80s, instead of a modern one
    so fun they used that costume

DAZZLERCOSTUMEDESIGN2.jpg Playing around with Ali's costume in Photoshop...I like this mix of old and new.

Where the hell is Alison?