Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Why marvel hasn't done a mini on dazzler becoming the preimier performer on krakoa with all the dancing they do i will never know. just imagine a battle of the bands mutant style or a mutant idol where alison as the simon cowell of mutant judges discovers how far some mutants will go for stardom.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s been established that Shatterstar is Dazzler and Longshot’s Kid.
    But also that Shatterstar is Longshot’s “father.”

Basically those time paradox’s that Mojoverse is known for.
    Serious? As if Shatterstar's origin isn't enough of a mess.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    So did Shatterstar being Dazzler and Longshots kid ever really get followed through on? I heard they wanted to approach it during PADs X-Factor with him and Rictor on the team but I never did read that era fully.
    X-Factor #259

All about it here: Dazzler, Longshot and Shatterstar: should the truth be told?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Serious? As if Shatterstar's origin isn't enough of a mess.
    It’s Bootstrap Paradox similar to Spiral/Rita’s origin and Longshot’s origin.

I wonder if Dazzler will ever get her time to shine in the current Krakoan era...

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Why marvel hasn't done a mini on dazzler becoming the preimier performer on krakoa with all the dancing they do i will never know. just imagine a battle of the bands mutant style or a mutant idol where alison as the simon cowell of mutant judges discovers how far some mutants will go for stardom.
    I kinda think she’d be perfect as an agent of X-Corps- leading either in solo missions or as the head of a small field team of street level mutants. She’d act as a kind of Mutant Cultural Preservationist or Cultural Anthropologist. I think a good story being that there are these organizations dedicated to wiping out mutant history and culture from the annals of time and that Alison, as one of mutantdom’s prime cultural exports, is on a list of other mutant artists, scientists, influencers etc that is being sought for eradication, collection, or imprisonment for crimes against humanity. She could be kind of like Tomb Raider, in that she ends up going down the rabbit hole of ancient artifacts, sub and alt cultural traditions, histories, hidden spaces, works of art, culture, food etc that she and others seek to preserve for Krakoa but ultimately tell the story of how mutants have influenced history and the world, through interconnected stories of oppression, hope, survival, joy, etc.
    Returning reluctantly to Pop Stardom as a front to get her and her crew into the door at places most mutants couldn’t- Dazzler operates as a cult classic icon among mutant and mutant allies alike. But when her show is going or the curtains have dropped, her celebrity status offers her the ability to get past the velvet ropes and the red tape in the steamy underbellies of the cities she tours in. An exploration of fame, idolatry, cult followings, mutant culture, and what world building looks like outside of Krakoa with miss Blaire connecting multiple worlds as she’s done before.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Also I totally Stan a ship of Dazzler and Johnny Blaze! He should Hellfire her roller skates!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I kinda think she’d be perfect as an agent of X-Corps- leading either in solo missions or as the head of a small field team of street level mutants. She’d act as a kind of Mutant Cultural Preservationist or Cultural Anthropologist. I think a good story being that there are these organizations dedicated to wiping out mutant history and culture from the annals of time and that Alison, as one of mutantdom’s prime cultural exports, is on a list of other mutant artists, scientists, influencers etc that is being sought for eradication, collection, or imprisonment for crimes against humanity. She could be kind of like Tomb Raider, in that she ends up going down the rabbit hole of ancient artifacts, sub and alt cultural traditions, histories, hidden spaces, works of art, culture, food etc that she and others seek to preserve for Krakoa but ultimately tell the story of how mutants have influenced history and the world, through interconnected stories of oppression, hope, survival, joy, etc.
    Returning reluctantly to Pop Stardom as a front to get her and her crew into the door at places most mutants couldn’t- Dazzler operates as a cult classic icon among mutant and mutant allies alike. But when her show is going or the curtains have dropped, her celebrity status offers her the ability to get past the velvet ropes and the red tape in the steamy underbellies of the cities she tours in. An exploration of fame, idolatry, cult followings, mutant culture, and what world building looks like outside of Krakoa with miss Blaire connecting multiple worlds as she’s done before.
    I LOVE this idea!! Who would you have as her support crew? I'm thinking Ariel, Pixie, Bling!, DJ and Strong Guy...I would have Lila Cheney pop up occasionally, but I like Lila best when she's doing her own thing...and maybe #1DazzlerStan Juggernaut could rock up, has he met Ali since he stopped being a bad guy?

Fantastic Member

I wish she was part of the X-Factor team.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

Supposedly we’ll hear some news in XMen Monday for 12/28.
    Fingers crossed it is something and not just a pandering vague comment.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Prepare for the pandering comment, hope she's playing a large role in X-Corp?

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I wonder if Dazzler will ever get her time to shine in the current Krakoan era...
    Brett Booth is working on the X-Books so maybe this re-design will get some use?

With that redesign, she can fit the silhouette behind Jean and Cyclops in the Reign of X tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Brett Booth is working on the X-Books so maybe this re-design will get some use?
    he gave Ali the same kangaroo thighs he gave Jean. I like that costume minus the eyes. Its very reminiscent of her Mojoworld look which is my fave

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Also I totally Stan a ship of Dazzler and Johnny Blaze! He should Hellfire her roller skates!
    Lol. Have they ever met in a comic before?