Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Default Dazzler 2020 Appreciation

The One True Warrior
    The Light and The Fury
    Give it up for
    ALI BLAIRE!
    THE DAMN DAZZLER!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 01-02-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Who else feels Allison is under-represented in the X-Men history given the era of her debut, appearance in cartoons and games?

It's shocking she was an X-Man only during the Outback and Utopia eras.

Bear in mind, she wasn't created as an X-Man, she had a solo book and only joined the team when it was cancelled. That's why she missed all the big 80s storylines. She'd probably be more popular (at Jubilee's and Rogue's expense) had Pryde of the X-Men been successful and led to a full series. Instead it was just a failed pilot episode, and we got the 1992 show which didn't include her in the roster instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really hope 2020 is better to her than 2019 was.

I feel like this is what a Dazzler show is like:

But with more bass and dancing

And what her powers might look like sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bear in mind, she wasn't created as an X-Man, she had a solo book and only joined the team when it was cancelled. That's why she missed all the big 80s storylines. She'd probably be more popular (at Jubilee's and Rogue's expense) had Pryde of the X-Men been successful and led to a full series. Instead it was just a failed pilot episode, and we got the 1992 show which didn't include her in the roster instead.
    Yeah she was intended to be a standalone hero whose **** got rocked because of her being a mutant. Now she's a cult classic hero amongst the Matvel U, probably one with the hugest Queer following, and in story,even though she's worked solo and with multiple teams I love that she always reps the X-men above anyone else because even though she side eyes them and their drama a lot- she still knows that they're the realest crew out there and she's mad loyal.

Do you think the X-Men should use her as a Public Liaison? She could speak on the talk show circuit while promoting her singing career. Maybe Guido, Omertà and Sean can be her bodyguards and Evangeline Whedon could be her lawyer/publicist.

I feel like Mutants have just cut themselves off from humans in a big powerful way and that includes mutant culture and look, Dazzler is one of the MU's biggest mutant cultural exports. I'd say there's a whole subsection of society that would love to either collect her or completely wipe her off the planet for that reason alone. Either way they should explore what her fan base and cult followers do in extreme in this new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Do you think the X-Men should use her as a Public Liaison?
    Dazzler and Beast should absolutely comprise a Mutant Magnanimity set, allied with the White Fleet. They can be the face of mutant rescue and relief strategies, with fireteams comprised of Hellions, Gen X, and friends.

Yeah o guess there isn't a formal rescue team for mutants abroad. Dazzler would be amazing in that capacity.

This is more of a wishful what-I-woulda-done scenario, but I would've moved the X-Men and Acolyte class of characters to the Hellfire Corp's three divisions: theft & assassination (black), mutant rescue & refuge (red), and mutant solutions & international outreach (white). Dazzler would've been the perfect spokesperson for X-Men: White.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

The fact that she has such a large fan base after being shelved for most of a decade (one of the franchise’s most popular) speaks volumes of her character. People like her.

I want to see her show up in actual roles this year. Let her pop up in Excalibur or XMen.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

I just don't like when they try to retcon her whole silver aesthetic into her wearing white. She stands alone in the Marvel U because she's a warrior in skintight SILVER, editorial.smh.

A question for ur fandom and head canon but:
    Who is in Dazzler's Squad? Like her main homies/homegirls that are ride or die/ that will pull up no matter what kinda trouble they're about to get if Dazzler's calls?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I just don't like when they try to retcon her whole silver aesthetic into her wearing white. She stands alone in the Marvel U because she's a warrior in skintight SILVER, editorial.smh.

A question for ur fandom and head canon but:
    Who is in Dazzler's Squad? Like her main homies/homegirls that are ride or die/ that will pull up no matter what kinda trouble they're about to get if Dazzler's calls?
    Banshee , Siryn , Pixie , Lila Cheney , Darkveil and To some extent Shatterstar and Strong Guy
    Last edited by Npresh24; 01-04-2020 at 12:55 PM.