Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to see her sister Mortis on the island. Would love to see a reunion between the two. They haven't really interacted much since Lois went full villain during Necrosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Dua Lipa tapped into her inner Dazzler for her new album. She stays inspiring the girls.
    This right here.

Dazzler needs to be allowed to do more than hold impromptu concerts

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

There should honestly be a Dazzler and the X-Tracts book where she's out saving mote aspects of mutant culture and its contributors from being wiped off the globe.

Make up by Keith Lafuente

Also when I hear Dazzler talk in my head, or imagine how she acts - lady miss kier all the way.

Also since no comic books are coming out any time soon and since they keep sleeping on ol girl- anyone wanna publish a concurrent Dazzler online comic w/me? Collaboration is what's Savin the nation!

Actually curious how she still has fans if humanity supposedly is out to kill every mutant for even breathing.

I think that'd be interesting to dissect. Are there 'passable' mutants?' The dichotomy between artist and their art. I mean dazzler gets put back out in the public, in her publication history, because of resurgence a in popularity of her music. Can music transcend hate? Resurgence a in the mainstream means that humans are out there eating up or rediscovering her music. It'd be interesting to unpack why.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I think that'd be interesting to dissect. Are there 'passable' mutants?' The dichotomy between artist and their art. I mean dazzler gets put back out in the public, in her publication history, because of resurgence a in popularity of her music. Can music transcend hate? Resurgence a in the mainstream means that humans are out there eating up or rediscovering her music. It'd be interesting to unpack why.
    Ahh, I'm sure even the most popular minority singers have haters or at least aggressive fans who are too obsessed with them.

The Poster FKA Firebaton ThomBoleyn's Avatar

I think she is one of those artists/performers that people's love of her music outweighs their prejudices. It happens all the time in the real world, so that is what I've always thought was the case for her. Like all the racist people who love basketball or football stars or a staunch republican loving Barbra Streisand's voice but not able to watch any interviews with her.

I do think she should be used in universe as a piece of PR or Public Ambassador for Krakoa with more of the high profile well known mutants. Use her celebrity for good.
    I don't post often, but I like to chime in now and again.

Also- Dazzler can't help who she inspires. I wanna see them go in on Dazzler's music being this uncomfortable thing that created a polarizing fan base of people from all over the spectrum. I mean they kind of told that story with the NextWave Kids from the Ranch, but why not go innnnnn on the culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Actually curious how she still has fans if humanity supposedly is out to kill every mutant for even breathing.
    Not every human hates or wants mutants dead. Id venture to say most dont

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Ahh, I'm sure even the most popular minority singers have haters or at least aggressive fans who are too obsessed with them.
    yeah. I see Dazzler in kind of a Normani situation - there are the racist losers and bottom-feeders who sling hate her way but she's undeniably talented, has a dedicated fanbase and the respect of the GP nonetheless.

god. just put her back in a book already . I would love to see something like this discussed in-story pre-HOX and now that that mutant rights have blown up even more in the MU it would only be more interesting. If Juggs can get a book Ali shouldn't be a stretch lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not every human hates or wants mutants dead. Id venture to say most dont
    Yeah well Dazzler as an artist/ performer must come against the syndrome of people not separating artists from their work, or only contextualizing one over the other, or just iconography in general as a weaponized mentality.

Also is Dazzler a 'passable' mutant. I'd love to see passability politics explored with Dazzler...

Anyone have that picture of Dazzler holding her light saber from New Excalibur?